• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Urban Meyer announcement

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I missed this.

10 Things We Learned From the Findings of Ohio State's Investigation

EARLE BRUCE DID SPEAK TO COURTNEY SMITH
The report released by Ohio State indicates that Earle Bruce did speak to Courtney Smith following the 2009 incident, and it's likely current Ohio State staffer Hiram deFries did as well.

"Courtney Smith decided not to pursue charges following discussions with members of at least Zach Smith’s family, including his mother and grandfather, Earle Bruce (former OSU head coach and mentor to Coach Meyer), and likely Hiram deFries."

So whichever defender said that was a lie was wrong. And that was a huge part of the still ongoing backlash against McMurphy.

Seriously supports Courtney's story.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hitting women is soap box shit? Yeah no. I will always say what i feel about that. I grew up knowing friends of mine whos dads beat the fuck out of their moms and even them. So sorry but you're a weak ass man if you lay a hand on a woman. walk the fuck away, divorce her but if you stay married to her then you're part of the problem.

They gave some lame ass excuse that sometimes Urban doesn't remember important shit because of some medication. It's a fucking joke. Dude can dial up a 4th and 2 with a minute left in the national championship game but can't remember who told him what about Zack Smith three years ago and can't remember that he and Gene Smith went over what to say if someone brings it up durring media day? Instead he lies and says he knows nothing. Fuck that and get out of here with your blind homer stuff.

Zack Smith has a laundry list of shit he's done but all you want to do is Blame the wife for everything when it's Zack Smith who was Urbans assistant. And who cares if his parents and her parents jumped on Smiths side. maybe they liked the lifestyle and status of being associated with Ohio State football. You all say shes fucked up well fucked up people have fucked up kids. They woudn't be the first parents who treat their daughter like shit. Maybe they are the reason she married Smith.
Yes, sitting there virtue signaling about domestic violence is some soapbox bullshit. Congratulations, you're part of an exclusive club called "everybody". Not a single person on here is supporting domestic violence, so dial it back already.

The independent investigators that have no ties to Ohio State whatsoever came out with the medication thing, not Urban. He never once brought it up, and said the exact opposite in that it was his fault for giving Zach too many chances. He didn't lie, and the investigation proved that as well. Like I've said on here for weeks, he was responding to the story of him being arrested when he said he knew nothing about it. I've said that was the case for weeks and the independent investigators supported that same thing.

Smith has a laundry list of shit and I've said on here numerous times that those things warranted him getting fired. I've never blamed his wife for him getting fired, so fuck off with that bullshit Who cares if her parents jumped on Smith's side?!? Are you fucking kidding me?!? Your explanation means jack fucking shit and you're already treating her (and only her) testimony as gospel, so there's nothing left for you to say that's worth my time.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, sitting there virtue signaling about domestic violence is some soapbox bullshit. Congratulations, you're part of an exclusive club called "everybody". Not a single person on here is supporting domestic violence, so dial it back already.

The independent investigators that have no ties to Ohio State whatsoever came out with the medication thing, not Urban. He never once brought it up, and said the exact opposite in that it was his fault for giving Zach too many chances. He didn't lie, and the investigation proved that as well. Like I've said on here for weeks, he was responding to the story of him being arrested when he said he knew nothing about it. I've said that was the case for weeks and the independent investigators supported that same thing.

Smith has a laundry list of shit and I've said on here numerous times that those things warranted him getting fired. I've never blamed his wife for him getting fired, so fuck off with that bullshit Who cares if her parents jumped on Smith's side?!? Are you fucking kidding me?!? Your explanation means jack fucking shit and you're already treating her (and only her) testimony as gospel, so there's nothing left for you to say that's worth my time.
So you think the independent investigator is saying that Urban Meyer is having memory problems without being told by Urban Meyer that he is having memory problems? Is that really what you are going with is that the investigator is making shit up without any justification?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the independent investigator is saying that Urban Meyer is having memory problems without being told by Urban Meyer that he is having memory problems? Is that really what you are going with is that the investigator is making shit up without any justification?
Yet Urban himself has yet to even acknowledge that part of the report. It doesn't take much to find out someone is taking a prescription drug and look up side effects. People read that and instantly said "oh look Urban is blaming everything on prescription drugs durrrr" when he literally came out and took the blame on himself for giving Smith too many chances.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Urban himself has yet to even acknowledge that part of the report. It doesn't take much to find out someone is taking a prescription drug and look up side effects. People read that and instantly said "oh look Urban is blaming everything on prescription drugs durrrr" when he literally came out and took the blame on himself for giving Smith too many chances.
So then we should throw out this entire report because it is completely fabricated and full of lies. Investigators do not make things up, they do not draw their own conclusions. They are to report the facts that they are given. Where do you think that he came up with Urban has memory problems from his medication?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, since that's really what all the haters wanted truth be told. They don't give a shit about some white trash in Ohio........ they saw a route to possibly ruin the program, and numerous OSU haters ran with it and hoped it would stick.....

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then we should throw out this entire report because it is completely fabricated and full of lies. Investigators do not make things up, they do not draw their own conclusions. They are to report the facts that they are given. Where do you think that he came up with Urban has memory problems from his medication?
Way to jump off the deep end there. I'm not saying their findings about his medication are false. I'm saying Urban himself has never once used those as a reason for anything he's done, but everyone has jumped to that conclusion and put words in his mouth.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to jump off the deep end there. I'm not saying their findings about his medication are false. I'm saying Urban himself has never once used those as a reason for anything he's done, but everyone has jumped to that conclusion and put words in his mouth.
When was his interview after the data dump? The whole world just found out about it late Wednesday and Urban has not been available for interview since the dump.

That investigator is making shit up for the hawt takes and click bait.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was his interview after the data dump? The whole world just found out about it late Wednesday and Urban has not been available for interview since the dump.

That investigator is making shit up for the hawt takes and click bait.
Does it make you feel better about yourself, making up things and putting words in my mouth?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have to ask this question, and I know I'm going to be attacked for it. Because I don't know where the line is or even if there IS a line....

And no I don't support domestic violence.

I was completely unaware that EVERYTHING you did or do in your private life affects your job/career. Maybe I'm naive, but I've never been in any major trouble aside from some assorted speeding tickets and parking tickets in my life. If we all list out 50 things that aren't necessarily good things, should all of them get you fired from your job???

speeding ticket? park in a handicap spot? flip off a cop?

Was Zach a good coach??? Did he do his actual job well? I'm trying to get this straight. Was Zach charged? if yes or no, should that mean he shouldn't be able to support himself?? How is his ex going to get child support now???? So.... he should just not work the rest of his life? What sense does that make?

I guess I have a problem with something you do in your private life, automatically means you have to be fired from a job let's say you were actually doing well. Who decides what crime, or bad deed gets you fired or not fired?!?!?!?!

:noidea:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have to ask this question, and I know I'm going to be attacked for it. Because I don't know where the line is or even if there IS a line....

And no I don't support domestic violence.

I was completely unaware that EVERYTHING you did or do in your private life affects your job/career. Maybe I'm naive, but I've never been in any major trouble aside from some assorted speeding tickets and parking tickets in my life. If we all list out 50 things that aren't necessarily good things, should all of them get you fired from your job???

speeding ticket? park in a handicap spot? flip off a cop?

Was Zach a good coach??? Did he do his actual job well? I'm trying to get this straight. Was Zach charged? if yes or no, should that mean he shouldn't be able to support himself?? How is his ex going to get child support now???? So.... he should just not work the rest of his life? What sense does that make?

I guess I have a problem with something you do in your private life, automatically means you have to be fired from a job let's say you were actually doing well. Who decides what crime, or bad deed gets you fired or not fired?!?!?!?!

:noidea:
Zach was a great recruiter and a horrible coach.

Bottom line is that, if Zach was even charged - not convicted, but charged - in 2015, he would've been gone. Of course lack of charges doesn't mean he wasn't guilty of it, even if she was also beating him or instigating things. However, the fact is that when you couple all of that with his other fuck-ups, he should've been relieved of his duties at OSU. Urban gave him way too many chances out of loyalty to Earle, and he deserves his punishment.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach was a great recruiter and a horrible coach.

Bottom line is that, if Zach was even charged - not convicted, but charged - in 2015, he would've been gone. Of course lack of charges doesn't mean he wasn't guilty of it, even if she was also beating him or instigating things. However, the fact is that when you couple all of that with his other fuck-ups, he should've been relieved of his duties at OSU. Urban gave him way too many chances out of loyalty to Earle, and he deserves his punishment.

I fully agree with everything you said. Urb should've let him go long ago. and I'm a little disappointed with his grandfather who I respected and liked.

but schools and names aside...... What should constitute grounds for losing your job in general? Obviously if one does something that initiates jail time of course, but what about other things that don't? I'm starting to see numerous things in society that the person loses his job.......... and should they???? seems like a terrible precedent.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully agree with everything you said. Urb should've let him go long ago. and I'm a little disappointed with his grandfather who I respected and liked.

but schools and names aside...... What should constitute grounds for losing your job in general? Obviously if one does something that initiates jail time of course, but what about other things that don't? I'm starting to see numerous things in society that the person loses his job.......... and should they???? seems like a terrible precedent.
I think in this incident, you realize someone is simply too big of a cancer. You have to think about the program and others involved and think what is the best decision. Zach is a grown man, he got himself into these situations. It's not a death knell, it's not as if he is not allowed to work anywhere else. However, if he didn't want his livelihood to be wrecked, he should've made better decisions, and I'm not even talking about the alleged abuse.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you are working at a public institution or you are in the public eye, you are going to be under a higher level of scrutiny. Tiger Woods lost tons of endorsements because he was caught banging anything with a pulse. People have been fired for drug use and alcohol abuse all the time.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, did anyone else hear/read that some OSU fans have been giving out McMurphy's home address online and making threats?

Why would Oregon State fans do something like that? Are they not among the mild mannered Clark Kents proliferate throughout Oregon?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about 8 hours until the announcement. I can’t wait to hear what the decision is.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1na0ci_20180723085047943.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would he when the committee did it for him?