• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Urban Meyer announcement

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I call bullshit.

You are only 'backing away' because all of your narrative was destroyed and you are waiting on pins and needles hoping that Zach's lawyer does sue the shit out of McMurphy and wins so you can come back and gloat up a storm. There isn't anyone that doesn't know your shtick.

Clark is only truly gone from this thing as long as McMurphy is still at least mostly vindicated and coming out of this thing with his media clout in tact. That is, the rest of the media supporting him which they very much currently are.

giphy.gif

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, did anyone else hear/read that some OSU fans have been giving out McMurphy's home address online and making threats? Heard that on sports radio on the way home from work, but haven't seen anything on it myself.

See what Clark seems to not grasp is the problem with 'social' as he calls it is the mass public, not rogue independent media. Mob mentality and run away craziness from keyboard warriors is at an all time low. The self feeding engine of ever increasing outrage topping the last post with something far worse is just insane.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're getting it. No point in talking about a "story" thats been resolved Its time for Collge football :suds:
For sure. I'd be saying the same thing too if everything I had been pounding for two weeks hit a dead end.

Good luck with your season. Hope to see USC in the CCG.

:suds:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. I'd be saying the same thing too if everything I had been pounding for two weeks hit a dead end.

Good luck with your season. Hope to see USC in the CCG.

:suds:
Good luck to you're Huskies as well. Y'all got a great recruit in Bandes. He's going to wreak havoc in a lot of backfields. Still scratching my head on why SC didn't offer. :suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A charge that was dropped and the victim recanted? No I wouldnt.

Well congratulations you are in the slim minority (pretty much just OSU fans) who think Ohio State shouldn't have known about Smith getting arrested for suspicion of domestic violence in 2009 which would have made 2015 all that more important because it wold have set a pattern for the guy .Heck Gene Smith wanted to fire the guy in 2016 without even knowing about 2009.

Employer- Soooo. You wanna tell me about yourself?

Zack Smith- No. I really need this job.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well congratulations you are in the slim minority (pretty much just OSU fans) who think Ohio State shouldn't have known about Smith getting arrested for suspicion of domestic violence in 2009 which would have made 2015 all that more important because it wold have set a pattern for the guy .Heck Gene Smith wanted to fire the guy in 2016 without even knowing about 2009.

Which OSU fans? I am in shock that the background check they do (or did, I think it's probably fixed now) did not include arrest records.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been in the minority of common sense many times this is nothing new

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The punishment is fair. Let's play some football.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you can keep trying or stretching. I already said "story" is resolved. And I'm really not interested in it anymore. Meyers was cleared.But unless its college football related.. Like maybe SC/ND etc ....Dont waste my time thanks in advance :suds:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least they came down hard on Meyer. 3 game suspension, but he gets to run the practices all week. That is how you show the world morals trump football

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, did anyone else hear/read that some OSU fans have been giving out McMurphy's home address online and making threats? Heard that on sports radio on the way home from work, but haven't seen anything on it myself.

See what Clark seems to not grasp is the problem with 'social' as he calls it is the mass public, not rogue independent media. Mob mentality and run away craziness from keyboard warriors is at an all time low. The self feeding engine of ever increasing outrage topping the last post with something far worse is just insane.
It is disgusting that people are threatening his teenage daughter.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is disgusting that people are threatening his teenage daughter.
That's happening? :noidea:

I mean sadly it's not surprising, but damn.

How do these people not get that McMurphy isn't the devil and at least two other groups were also working on the story. It was going to come out either way. ATF shared that 11w was working it and we know that news paper was getting close as well. McMurphy's folly (if he had one) was rushing his out prematurely to get the scoop, but mince no words, it was going to happen whether he did or not.

Put the damned blame where it belongs. It's not like anyone fabricated this whole thing.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do these people not get that McMurphy isn't the devil and at least two other groups were also working on the story. It was going to come out either way. ATF shared that 11w was working it and we know that news paper was getting close as well. McMurphy's folly (if he had one) was rushing his out prematurely to get the scoop, but mince no words, it was going to happen whether he did or not.

Put the damned blame where it belongs. It's not like anyone fabricated this whole thing.
Yeah there are sick individuals making threats against a 14 year old girl.

Urban Meyer Ohio State: Brett McMurphy details vulgar threats made against him by Buckeyes

Back during the Rich Rodriguez days, there were Michigan fans that were upset that local papers were writing about alleged rules violations with them practicing more than the allowed amount being true. There are some who still to this day hold a grudge a decade later for reporting the truth.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Courtney?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there are sick individuals making threats against a 14 year old girl.

Urban Meyer Ohio State: Brett McMurphy details vulgar threats made against him by Buckeyes

Back during the Rich Rodriguez days, there were Michigan fans that were upset that local papers were writing about alleged rules violations with them practicing more than the allowed amount being true. There are some who still to this day hold a grudge a decade later for reporting the truth.
There really is no way to stop it. It's inevitable, however his tweet basically saying he understands why :herbie: bailed that state is somewhat misplaced. There are quite a few going way over the top, but of course it's just a very sick and twisted minority and unfortunately would happen pretty much at any school these days. It's more about our society and the deterioration of social skills as a whole.