• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The top 25 ranking of NFL GM's

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, -12M for 2021, but we still have $26M for 2020.
Of course, they still have to sign the rooks.

They should be able to re-structure some contracts, maybe make a few cuts, and still have $20M+ to spend next season.

I ain't worried.
I just knew you would appreciate the gif.

I did appreciate the gif.

Philly currently has eight picks in the draft I believe? Without getting into all the secret formulas the NFL uses to asses how much a rookie costs against the cap let's just say Philly uses all their picks. Likely 3 or more won't be in the top 51 and won't count against the cap anyway. Having said that we'll say this years class will cost Philly $6M? Most teams like to keep $4-5M in the coffers for potential replacements when guys start going down. If your number is right that still leaves Philly in good shape this year with about $15M give or take.

Restructuring is a crap shoot and both sides need to agree to it which goes without saying. All a restructure does is kick that proverbial can a little further down the road. -12M at this point would not have me feeling good.

Good luck

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would even give Jon a lot of credit for last year. Drafting Metcalf and robbing the Texans, although anybody can pick Buttchin's pocket, it seems. He got Clowney for a couple back-ups and got the Texans to pay most of his salary. He also shored up the safety spot at the deadline with Diggs and made a few good moves this off season.The Oline issues are the only real thing I can fault Schneider on but even with that, only the multitude of late season injuries kept the team from possibly contending for a SB. His body of work has been pretty good, despite some misses in the draft.

Jon has hit on as many as he has missed on. He hasn't done anything in about a decade to fix that O-line.

Metcalf is a beast. I would've loved to have seen NE go for him. Instead they took N Keal Harry who spent the majority of the season on the IR. DK had a very nice rookie campaign as the #1 target, but there were games were he just disappeared. Two big games one where he went for 160 yards and then against the falcons were he had two TDs. Other than that he was very pedestrian. Looking forward to see what he can do in his second season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People here have no understanding of the cap. Almost every year the Eagles cap room a year out looks in bad shape but the cap is never an issue. Dating back to Roseman's mentor Joe Banner the cap has never been an issue for the Eagles and will continue to never be an issue.

You've drunk way too much of that green kool aid. It is a problem and will continue to be a problem. One SB in 50 years should tell you the story. One during Rosie's tenure. It limits the team from the ability to sign FAs. It continually causes the team to release players they would've much rather kept. As each year passes from the SB win, more and more players are less and less likely to restructure or take less. Don't take my word for it. Just look at the past couple seasons and how bleak 2021 already shows.

Those are the facts. I've laid them out in the simplest terms.

What facts would you like to use to dispute them?

Teddyg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem for Eagles is being -$12million next year is that they only have 37 players under contract, cut couple of the aging vets that Howie signed to bad deals and not only do you have to replace but then they take the dead cap hit. The kicking the can down the road is catching up to them in next 2 years.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be fine, one salary cap hell season is doable while still competing in the best division in football, over some clown team winning the weakest division and only having to win two games versus winning teams.

A couple years of being part of the most competitive division doesn't make it the best division in football. You obviously slept thru the past couple decades.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is though that we aren't. It was the same thing heading into the 2018 offseason and guess what, there was no issues because unlike the Rams we have someone at GM who can competently run the salary cap.

I guess it's too bad, your franchise gave up 2 first round picks for a CB in an all in move the missed the playoffs. Rams are total shit show fucking mess with a trash QB they have invested heavily in.

Set the bar low so you can always achieve .562 win percentage:thumb:over the past two seasons.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break it to you but 2017 is over, The Rams were better than the Eagles last year and they will probably be this year too.
such bull shit....the rams had everything to play for and the sliding cowboys beat the hell outta the Rams and the eagles were better than Dallas.

you and fucking Koy remain two of the most stupidest posters on this site. God help you if either of you are over 12 years old

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of his mediocre drafting? If so, I’d agree. He is really good in some aspects and not that good in other. I think this is a VERY big year on his resume. He never had to partially rebuild and aging team with holes at key positions and not a lot of money. He has been good at finding bargain veterans for short term deals but that’s not what the Eagles need now. They need young impact players at WR, S, CB and LBer via the draft and he hasn’t shown he can consistently nail his draft choices. Jerry Jones gets a ton of shit but Dallas has done fantastic at nailing their early picks over the last decade. Big BIG year for Howie and his GM responsibilities. If he doesn’t get Wentz a good WR weapon he will tumble down this list.

I can agree with most of this.

But I think it's more important that Rosie finds Wentz a good trainer before a good wide receiver.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Set the bar low so you can always achieve .562 win percentage:thumb:over the past two seasons.

With Brady gone it won't be long for you to be pining for days you would be close to a .562 win percentage.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've drunk way too much of that green kool aid. It is a problem and will continue to be a problem. One SB in 50 years should tell you the story. One during Rosie's tenure. It limits the team from the ability to sign FAs. It continually causes the team to release players they would've much rather kept. As each year passes from the SB win, more and more players are less and less likely to restructure or take less. Don't take my word for it. Just look at the past couple seasons and how bleak 2021 already shows.

Those are the facts. I've laid them out in the simplest terms.

What facts would you like to use to dispute them?

Eagles have been doing that for decades now. Releasing and moving on from players. That's what they prepare for. That's why they have remained one of the most stable organizations in football. Wake me when the cap is actually an issue for the Eagles.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo! Drafting he's failed on which is why this team got old and injury prone quickly. Not only will Howie tumble on the list but if he can't hit on a play making WR, his seat will start warming up. Can't have another year of piss poor first half play and struggle to pull games out of their asses with desperation second halves.

Drafting for a GM is sooooooooooooooooo over rated:D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the only one bringing up 2017 specifically. Talking about the whole picture of the last 3 years here. Eagles have been better over that entire course of that time and are trending up while the Rams trending down.

More Philly logic:scratch:
In 2017 the Eagles went 13-3 since then they went 9-7 and 9-7. This is somehow considered trending up:crazy: maybe you can tell @eaglesnut about dumb fans? Just a suggestion.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2017 the Eagles went 13-3 since then they went 9-7 and 9-7. This is somehow considered trending up:crazy: maybe you can tell @eaglesnut about dumb fans? Just a suggestion.

They are remodeling their roster with a younger coat of players while still having their core locked up. Goeddert keeps improving and is going to take another step next year and Sanders is set to take a big leap next season after he started to really come on towards the end of his rookie year while producing big plays throughout the entire season. Wentz just set to start entering his prime and the Eagles are in position to add one or two talented young WRs to the team this draft. On defense we might have our first good CB since Asante Samuel. The addition to Hargrave makes an already potent d-line all the more potent, especially with Malik Jackson coming back too.

A lot depends on the draft but at least long as the Eagles don't completely blow it at WR in the draft the Eagles are heading towards good things in the future.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the only one bringing up 2017 specifically. Talking about the whole picture of the last 3 years here. Eagles have been better over that entire course of that time and are trending up while the Rams trending down.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Brady gone it won't be long for you to be pining for days you would be close to a .562 win percentage.

Worst case I can go back and watch their SIC SB victories:thumb: what you gonna do?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have been doing that for decades now. Releasing and moving on from players. That's what they prepare for. That's why they have remained one of the most stable organizations in football. Wake me when the cap is actually an issue for the Eagles.

Wake me up when the Eagles are even considered anything more than mediocre. Calling them mediocre is being generous.

Seasons: 88 (1933 to 2020)

Record (W-L-T): 586-608-26

Playoff Record: 23-23

Numbers don't lie.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are remodeling their roster with a younger coat of players while still having their core locked up. Goeddert keeps improving and is going to take another step next year and Sanders is set to take a big leap next season after he started to really come on towards the end of his rookie year while producing big plays throughout the entire season. Wentz just set to start entering his prime and the Eagles are in position to add one or two talented young WRs to the team this draft. On defense we might have our first good CB since Asante Samuel. The addition to Hargrave makes an already potent d-line all the more potent, especially with Malik Jackson coming back too.

A lot depends on the draft but at least long as the Eagles don't completely blow it at WR in the draft the Eagles are heading towards good things in the future.

That much kool aid can't be good for you?

Typical of many of the Eagle fans on here you like to speculate as fact.

We've listened for years to this same drivel. Nothing accept one fluke SB has been different. If I were you and you were a betting man. I'd prepare myself for 48 more years of misery. That's likely more probable if we want to play the speculation game:nod:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem for Eagles is being -$12million next year is that they only have 37 players under contract, cut couple of the aging vets that Howie signed to bad deals and not only do you have to replace but then they take the dead cap hit. The kicking the can down the road is catching up to them in next 2 years.

We heard that 2 years ago when we were 22 million over the cap and proceeded to sign a WR at over 10 mill per, a DT at over 10 mil per, a DE at over 13 mil per, another DT at 13 mil per and a QB at 32 mil per oh... and added a CB at 17 mil per just to wind up in better cap shape in 2021 then 2018. You guys have us scratching our heads because we’ve already had this discussion years ago when we were supposedly in worse shape.
In 2 years will we be hearing how we will be actually be in cap trouble in 2024?