• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The top 25 ranking of NFL GM's

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
superbowl_liii_game_story_0203191549261891768_7000k_1920x1080_1436809283843.jpg

By the way what is the Rams' record against the Eagles under McVay? I'll wait.

Enjoy those 2 wins, it will stay 2 wins for awhile.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd move Howie back a few spots

Because of his mediocre drafting? If so, I’d agree. He is really good in some aspects and not that good in other. I think this is a VERY big year on his resume. He never had to partially rebuild and aging team with holes at key positions and not a lot of money. He has been good at finding bargain veterans for short term deals but that’s not what the Eagles need now. They need young impact players at WR, S, CB and LBer via the draft and he hasn’t shown he can consistently nail his draft choices. Jerry Jones gets a ton of shit but Dallas has done fantastic at nailing their early picks over the last decade. Big BIG year for Howie and his GM responsibilities. If he doesn’t get Wentz a good WR weapon he will tumble down this list.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of his mediocre drafting? If so, I’d agree. He is really good in some aspects and not that good in other. I think this is a VERY big year on his resume. He never had to partially rebuild and aging team with holes at key positions and not a lot of money. He has been good at finding bargain veterans for short term deals but that’s not what the Eagles need now. They need young impact players at WR, S, CB and LBer via the draft and he hasn’t shown he can consistently nail his draft choices. Jerry Jones gets a ton of shit but Dallas has done fantastic at nailing their early picks over the last decade. Big BIG year for Howie and his GM responsibilities. If he doesn’t get Wentz a good WR weapon he will tumble down this list.

Bingo! Drafting he's failed on which is why this team got old and injury prone quickly. Not only will Howie tumble on the list but if he can't hit on a play making WR, his seat will start warming up. Can't have another year of piss poor first half play and struggle to pull games out of their asses with desperation second halves.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo! Drafting he's failed on which is why this team got old and injury prone quickly. Not only will Howie tumble on the list but if he can't hit on a play making WR, his seat will start warming up. Can't have another year of piss poor first half play and struggle to pull games out of their asses with desperation second halves.

What, weren't you impressed with their two measly wins versus winning teams?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of his mediocre drafting? If so, I’d agree. He is really good in some aspects and not that good in other. I think this is a VERY big year on his resume. He never had to partially rebuild and aging team with holes at key positions and not a lot of money. He has been good at finding bargain veterans for short term deals but that’s not what the Eagles need now. They need young impact players at WR, S, CB and LBer via the draft and he hasn’t shown he can consistently nail his draft choices. Jerry Jones gets a ton of shit but Dallas has done fantastic at nailing their early picks over the last decade. Big BIG year for Howie and his GM responsibilities.
GMs has multiple jobs.
Not just dealing with draft & cap issues. Signing of FA & own players, building front office & coaching staffs. Coaching staffs is where Jerry fails miserably.
Howie does better at coaching staffs but not as well in the draft (JMO)
actually hasnt really done to great at FA signings as of late either.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never really got your hate for the Eagles especially since we aren’t rivals at all? I think they deserve a little more respect after making the playoffs 3 straight years, winning 4 playoff games, winning a SB and also even making the playoffs last year with an incredibly loooong list of injuries. Don’t see how you can argue the Rams have been better over that time frame?

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really got your hate for the Eagles especially since we aren’t rivals at all? I think they deserve a little more respect after making the playoffs 3 straight years, winning 4 playoff games, winning a SB and also even making the playoffs last year with an incredibly loooong list of injuries. Don’t see how you can argue the Rams have been better over that time frame?

I didn't say Rams GM Snead should be ranked higher, I just think Roseman shouldn't be in the top 5.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old yes but I remember a recent article stating the injuries mainly were to younger players. But you are 100% right. They can’t do to Wentz what they did to McNabb at the WR position.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old yes but I remember a recent article stating the injuries mainly were to younger players. But you are 100% right. They can’t do to Wentz what they did to McNabb at the WR position.

It's probably a mix between the two but the more notable ones were the vets and of course drafting Sydney Jones

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same reasons as Jerseyhawksfan stated, and like most fans are not sold on Wentz. Snead is good in the draft, but was bad at extensions, if you combined those guys you would have a great gm

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is a good GM. As an owner however he mostly hires bad coaches.
wrong on all counts
jerry is a solid owner and questionable GM. He's in the HOF as an owner

I'd also challenge Jerry has hired more good coaches over his tenure than philly's ownership.

Jerry's biggest problem is he's to loyal to some players and his last coach

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you make a bigger deal of two regular season games, is possible? Some teams just have some teams number doesn't mean they are better. Still salty about Goff leading his team to the Super Bowl while Wentz can only lead them to the trainer's table. Don't get mad at me, because Wentz can't win a playoff game. Kind of expected, if you see his win lost record versus winning teams, unlike Goff who also has a winning record versus winning teams.

Make a bigger deal of two regular season games? They are the only games we have of these teams playing each other, and in both of them we were clearly the better team despite playing across the country in your stadium.

I have no idea what your equation is for the Rams being better than the Eagles other than your statement divided by potato equals it being true in your head. The Eagles are 2-0 vs the Rams, won the Super Bowl by scoring the most points ever on a BB coached defense in the postseason and have made the playoffs 3 straight years with a 4-2 post season record compared to the Rams who got taken out to the woodshed and held to only 3 points in pathetic eyesore SB loss that they were only playing in because they lucked out on the officials no calling a blatant pass interference call. Then they missed the playoffs last year after making a total panic trade at the deadline giving up their next two first round picks.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People here have no understanding of the cap. Almost every year the Eagles cap room a year out looks in bad shape but the cap is never an issue. Dating back to Roseman's mentor Joe Banner the cap has never been an issue for the Eagles and will continue to never be an issue.
He was already educated two consecutive off-seasons. At this point he's just not intelligent enough to understand.