• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Tim Tebow nightmare is not over...

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiasco? Are you f'ing kidding me? Did you even watch the ad'?

They didn't even say a single thing about abortion on the ad'. And even if he did, it's a "fiasco" to think abortion is immoral?

I get that you're a liberal and Tebow's believes abortion is immoral; so you don't like him. But I wasn't replying to accusations that the guy is a conservative; I was replying to accusations that he caused problems with his team by talking about his beliefs, which he did not.

Tebow made a commercial with his mom & didn't even mention abortion in it. Brendon Ayanbadejo used the sports media to promote gay marriage, which is just as controversial. And he actually talked about gay marriage & didn't just tackle his mom in a goofy commercial. Funny how the liberal sports media didn't give him a bunch of shit for getting on a much-bigger soap box and being 100 times as vocal about HIS beliefs as Tebow was.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I knew about Tebow's religious beliefs WAY before I knew anything about his football skills.

The fiasco was the media circus that erupted around this ad and it's airing during the Superbowl.

I'm not saying that there is anything in particular wrong with the ad (besides airing it during the Superbowl). But someone claimed that Tebow doesn't put his religious beliefs out there, when he's been making it a big deal since before he was drafted.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only wants to play in the NFL and going to the Arena League or Canada isnt going to help. Plus he is probally get more money to be on the SEC Network. Dont act like Tim Tebow just sits around at home all day. Damn some of you are ignorant and just plain hating on the guy but yet defend players that are women beaters, drug users, dog killers or just plain assholes. Where is the Josh Gordon bashing? Anyone bashing the 8 players that have been in trouble on the Ravens in the offseason? Any Ray Rice bashing? Oh yeah lets bash Tebow becasue of his religous beliefs thats worse.

Lighten up Francis.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only wants to play in the NFL and going to the Arena League or Canada isnt going to help. Plus he is probally get more money to be on the SEC Network. Dont act like Tim Tebow just sits around at home all day. Damn some of you are ignorant and just plain hating on the guy but yet defend players that are women beaters, drug users, dog killers or just plain assholes. Where is the Josh Gordon bashing? Anyone bashing the 8 players that have been in trouble on the Ravens in the offseason? Any Ray Rice bashing? Oh yeah lets bash Tebow becasue of his religous beliefs thats worse.

I like Tim Tebow. I have liked Tebow since he played at Florida. I still think he has a future in the NFL and hope he does. I don't like talking about those other guys you mentioned. I do like talking about Tebow.

I didn't like that Denver got rid of him, but it's understandable why. I would put Manning above Tebow as well. And I was pissed when the Jets put him in for 3rd and 1 to have him run up the middle, only to say he didn't live up to potential. And I think the Pats gave him a shot but he didn't do very good, but it's not like he was going to play over Brady.

How is saying he should go to a lesser prestigious league to tune up his skills and to have better exposer bashing him. Warner, Brady, Young, Moon are a few Hall of Famers that had less experience than Tebow has had at this point in their careers, yet they went on to have Hall of Fame careers (at least in my book they did). I don't think there is any shame in going to a lesser prestigious league if you are not getting in the NFL. I think if he wants to be in the NFL, that way is better than hitting the gym and seeing a coach, hoping the agent can convince an owner or GM.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The fiasco was the media circus that erupted around this ad and it's airing during the Superbowl. I'm not saying that there is anything in particular wrong with the ad (besides airing it during the Superbowl).

You're right. That was a fiasco because the media was making something out of absolutely nothing. But that wasn't Tebow's fault; Tebow just made the commercial. Lots of athletes make commercials.

And if there's nothing wrong with the commercial then there's nothing wrong with it airing during the Super Bowl or any other time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Steelers and 316 yards passed against them disagree. Can Gabbert throw the ball at a high %. He still has a job. Could Vince Young throw the ball at a high %. He lasted longer then Tebow.

The Steelers and 316 passing yards are wrong.

And Gabbert doesn't look like a retarded, teenage girl when he throws a football. He at least has an arm. He may end up being a terrible QB too, but that won't be because of a completely unfixable inability to throw a football; if he fails it'll simply be because he didn't work hard enough or because he can't process fast enough or something. But the guy can throw a football.

Vince Young lasted so long because the Titans didn't have anyone of any significance to replace him. And just like Gabbert, Young isn't a good comparison. Young has talent; he failed because he doesn't have anything going on upstairs.

A better comparison would be Ken Dorsey. Dorsey could be a QB Einstein and the hardest worker in NFL history, and he'd still suck out loud because he can't throw a football. His arm is so weak he's not even capable of delivering the ball effectively. That's what Tebow is like. Except instead of arm strength (which Tebow lacks as well), it's a slow, awkward, wounded duck delivery.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers and 316 passing yards are wrong.

AndGabbert doesn't look like a retarded, teenage girl when he throws a football. He at least has an arm. He may end up being a terrible QB too, but that won't be because of a completely unfixable inability to throw a football; if he fails it'll simply be because he didn't work hard enough or because he can't process fast enough or something. But the guy can throw a football.

Are you sure about that? Gabbert's career passer rating is 66.4 (65.4, 77.4, 36.0) and a career completion % of 53.3 (50.8, 58.3, 48.8).

Tebow: Career passer rating 75.3 (82.1, 72.9, 82.9) and a career completion % of 47.9 (50.0, 46.5, 75.0)

Not much of a disparity between the two. While Gabbert may have a better throwing motion his decision making and accuracy are highly questionable. Blaine didn't have a coach calling run plays up the gut every first and second down too. Neither Gabbert or Tebow were good quarterbacks but Blaine had more deficiencies in his game and was given more chances. I guess what I'm trying to say is he did indeed look like a retarded teenage girl out there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Are you sure about that? Gabbert's career passer rating is 66.4 (65.4, 77.4, 36.0) and a career completion % of 53.3 (50.8, 58.3, 48.8).

Tebow: Career passer rating 75.3 (82.1, 72.9, 82.9) and a career completion % of 47.9 (50.0, 46.5, 75.0)

You're confusing being a really bad QB with having an unfixable problem with your game. The vast majority of QBs are bad their first couple of seasons in the NFL. A lot of average or good QBs were really bad their first few seasons.

Gabbert also played for Jacksonville. 97.78% of Tebow's passing attempts were in Denver, which had excellent non-QB talent.

Gabbert has been bad. This is known. What is not known is how well he might play for another team with a little more experience under his belt. Everyone knows Tebow is a horrible quarterback and will always be a horrible QB because he can't throw a football. He's a fullback who occasionally throws a wobbly pass. That's not NFL-caliber.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm listening (as usual) to my boys from Nashville at 104.5 The Zone (listen here) and they're discussing Tebow for a minute and got an interesting tweet from a listener.

Could this explain why Tebow refuses other positions or the CFL?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tim Tebow. I have liked Tebow since he played at Florida. I still think he has a future in the NFL and hope he does. I don't like talking about those other guys you mentioned. I do like talking about Tebow.

I didn't like that Denver got rid of him, but it's understandable why. I would put Manning above Tebow as well. And I was pissed when the Jets put him in for 3rd and 1 to have him run up the middle, only to say he didn't live up to potential. And I think the Pats gave him a shot but he didn't do very good, but it's not like he was going to play over Brady.

How is saying he should go to a lesser prestigious league to tune up his skills and to have better exposer bashing him. Warner, Brady, Young, Moon are a few Hall of Famers that had less experience than Tebow has had at this point in their careers, yet they went on to have Hall of Fame careers (at least in my book they did). I don't think there is any shame in going to a lesser prestigious league if you are not getting in the NFL. I think if he wants to be in the NFL, that way is better than hitting the gym and seeing a coach, hoping the agent can convince an owner or GM.

How many years ago did those guys play in Canada? Going to Canada these days wont help you in the NFL. By the way how is Chad Johnson doing in Canada?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got your guy Tebow. This should be good!

Imagine the outrage when a non-Pats fan bumps an old troll thread like this if it were about the Pats. :L

That said... Tim Tebow comes in as a gimmick player. He isn't a full time QB. Simple as that. The Pats couldn't use him; the Eagles can.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the outrage when a non-Pats fan bumps an old troll thread like this if it were about the Pats. :L

That said... Tim Tebow comes in as a gimmick player. He isn't a full time QB. Simple as that. The Pats couldn't use him; the Eagles can.

No outrage. You have a problem with this? Make a complaint or put me on ignore. You said Patriots fans should be arrested for child abuse. Now you complain about trolling? You have been trolling the Patriots since you got here. Congratulations. You probably thinking you are something. Somebody. We got haters up the ass!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason, vs colts:
Passing: 6/12 69 5.8 0 0 3-28 67.7
Rushing: 4 for 15, 1 TD, 1 fumble.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some great HOF #'s!
He looked like complete shit in that game....against 3rd string scrubs. He threw at least 3 balls directly into the ground. Not exactly sure what Kelly is thinking, even if he won't make their roster. Give a capable QB more reps.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please GOD let Tebow start again at QB! I want to make fun of some teams this offseason. Making fun of the Jets is getting old.