• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Tim Tebow nightmare is not over...

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never wished Tim Tebow ill. He could have discouraged the media from turning him into a side show freak though.

home schooling doesn't make you public savvy I suppose

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is over for Tebow. Nothing personal, but I hope he invested his money well.

that fucker will make plenty of bigheads for at least 10 years in media

Last edited by a moderator:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow is a pretty smart guy and works as hard as he possibly can to get another shot in the NFL but yet people bash the guy. I guess you have to be a punk, thug, drug user loser to get respect in the NFL. Or a cheater. Vick and Pacman perfext examples. Just saying.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
home schooling doesn't make you public savvy I suppose

:scratch: How is Tim Tebow not "public savvy?" He's pretty much never made a single non-quarterbacking mistake to which anyone can point whatsoever. He's been the definition of a model public figure.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: How is Tim Tebow not "public savvy?" He's pretty much never made a single non-quarterbacking mistake to which anyone can point whatsoever. He's been the definition of a model public figure.

I was referring to this. He could have been a little more tactful
He could have discouraged the media from turning him into a side show freak though

I am Christian but I don't tell people about it at the beginning and ending of every sentence.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow is not an NFL starter... But he is definitely worthy of a backup position. If guys like Brandon Weeden, Colt McCoy, Blaine Gabbert and Brady Quinn can still make it in the NFL then I don't see why Tebow can't.

It might have something to do with NFL teams not wanting to deal with the sort of attention he brings.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow is not an NFL starter... But he is definitely worthy of a backup position. If guys like Brandon Weeden, Colt McCoy, Blaine Gabbert and Brady Quinn can still make it in the NFL then I don't see why Tebow can't.

It might have something to do with NFL teams not wanting to deal with the sort of attention he brings.

yeah, they'd rather have 'we like he gay' promotions every now and again.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I am Christian but I don't tell people about it at the beginning and ending of every sentence.

Neither does Tim Tebow. And the only time Tebow ever talked about his faith is when the media APPROACHED HIM to ask him about something. It's not like he's going up to people with cameras and saying, "Hey! You with the microphone! Let me tell you about Christ."

People who trash Tim Tebow for non-quarterbacking reasons are LOOKING for reasons to trash the guy. And they haven't found a single legitimate one, so they come up with bull shit like "He could be more tactful." Have you ever actually heard the guy speak? He's one of the most polite, respectful people you'll ever see on planet earth.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither does Tim Tebow. And the only time Tebow ever talked about his faith is when the media APPROACHED HIM to ask him about something. It's not like he's going up to people with cameras and saying, "Hey! You with the microphone! Let me tell you about Christ."

People who trash Tim Tebow for non-quarterbacking reasons are LOOKING for reasons to trash the guy. And they haven't found a single legitimate one, so they come up with bull shit like "He could be more tactful." Have you ever actually heard the guy speak? He's one of the most polite, respectful people you'll ever see on planet earth.

it doesn't matter how when or why , stop making excuses. He did it far too often and that's why he's considered a distraction. The media cant keep pushing something unless he keeps giving fuel to it.
There's nothing wrong with being naïve but he is/was and it worked against him.

his talent ability might mesh in a couple years for all we know..it took Warner a long time to get there

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
it doesn't matter how when or why , stop making excuses. He did it far too often and that's why he's considered a distraction.

Who the hell are you or the media to tell him how often he can answer a question with a reference to his faith? It's HIS faith. Media attention to the backup QB didn't cause the Jets to lose games. And even if it did, that would have been a problem with the Jets' organization and the coaching staff for losing focus, not with Tebow. He worked his ass off in practice and was the perfect teammate.

his talent ability might mesh in a couple years for all we know..it took Warner a long time to get there

He doesn't have any "talent ability." He sucks out loud at playing QB, and that's not fixable.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did ramjack actually compare Tebow to Kurt Warner or I am hallucinating?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You may have forgot about the whole Superbowl Anti-Abortion fiasco back before he was drafted.

Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad: CBS to Air Controversial Anti-Abortion Commercial - ABC News

I'm not a college football fan, and this was the first time I ever heard of Tim Tebow. Haven't liked him since.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You may have forgot about the whole Superbowl Anti-Abortion fiasco back before he was drafted.

Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad: CBS to Air Controversial Anti-Abortion Commercial - ABC News

I'm not a college football fan, and this was the first time I ever heard of Tim Tebow. Haven't liked him since.

Fiasco? Are you f'ing kidding me? Did you even watch the ad'?

They didn't even say a single thing about abortion on the ad'. And even if he did, it's a "fiasco" to think abortion is immoral?

I get that you're a liberal and Tebow's believes abortion is immoral; so you don't like him. But I wasn't replying to accusations that the guy is a conservative; I was replying to accusations that he caused problems with his team by talking about his beliefs, which he did not.

Tebow made a commercial with his mom & didn't even mention abortion in it. Brendon Ayanbadejo used the sports media to promote gay marriage, which is just as controversial. And he actually talked about gay marriage & didn't just tackle his mom in a goofy commercial. Funny how the liberal sports media didn't give him a bunch of shit for getting on a much-bigger soap box and being 100 times as vocal about HIS beliefs as Tebow was.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say he should go play Canadian football or Arena. It's obvious that no owners are going to give him a shot right now. I don't know how working out harder/different is going to work. If he goes to one of the minor leagues, he can show he can lead a team and display his improvements. Worst case scenario, he doesn't get hired.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I still say he should go play Canadian football or Arena. It's obvious that no owners are going to give him a shot right now. I don't know how working out harder/different is going to work. If he goes to one of the minor leagues, he can show he can lead a team and display his improvements. Worst case scenario, he doesn't get hired.

He doesn't really need to play for the CFL or arena league because he has that gig commentating for the SEC, and he made a few million in the NFL (and he doesn't strike me as someone who's constantly blowing through wads of ca$h at the strip club). He wants to play QB in the NFL.

Respect for following his completely unrealistic dreams.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow as great as some of his wins were when playing for the Broncos it was very obvious that in order for him to make a team the whole offense would have to be completely changed in order for his game to work. This is why he cannot be a back up in this league. At best he could be a 3rd string guy but you usually like your back up to be a guy that can run the offense that the team has been running all year so the other 10 players don't have to adjust to a whole new system. He has plenty of great football ability in him it just doesn't mesh well with what the NFL is these days.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Proof that Tim Tebow can't be a successful QB in the NFL is Pat White. White isn't even good enough to make a roster, and he & Tebow are essentially the same player. Great at running the ball; can't pass to save their lives.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He only wants to play in the NFL and going to the Arena League or Canada isnt going to help. Plus he is probally get more money to be on the SEC Network. Dont act like Tim Tebow just sits around at home all day. Damn some of you are ignorant and just plain hating on the guy but yet defend players that are women beaters, drug users, dog killers or just plain assholes. Where is the Josh Gordon bashing? Anyone bashing the 8 players that have been in trouble on the Ravens in the offseason? Any Ray Rice bashing? Oh yeah lets bash Tebow becasue of his religous beliefs thats worse.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proof that Tim Tebow can't be a successful QB in the NFL is Pat White. White isn't even good enough to make a roster, and he & Tebow are essentially the same player. Great at running the ball; can't pass to save their lives.

The Steelers and 316 yards passed against them disagree. Can Gabbert throw the ball at a high %. He still has a job. Could Vince Young throw the ball at a high %. He lasted longer then Tebow.