• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Thread formerly known as the CBS Daily

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this akin to the same herd of lice infesting a different head of hair?

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or the hair in his nose and ears

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How were you guys able to confirm that it was indeed MPL?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't remember 100%, but it was definitely him. His initials were "MPL". And the fact that he hasn't posted since lends more credibility to the story being right.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it yourself, you are working all day. You should accept that you aren't going to be the guy with the "hot scoop" and move on. Your uncanny ability to consistently post old news is/was pretty damn funny. Hardly anything to get upset over, though.

"Iowa State lost!!!!"
In other news, Pete Rose has surpassed Ty Cobb as baseball's all-time hits leader.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So redseat oughta feel honored, is what I'm hearing.

We used to have a guy at CBS who would "carpet bomb" a thread hours later, responding to nearly every post in succession after everyone else had moved on. He went by his initials, MPL, which came to be the code name for that practice on those boards: MPL'ing.

We're pretty sure the guy died a few years ago.
Heheh, we had a guy at FN that would do the same thing. Would show up in the wee hours and respond to multiple posts, as if the other posters were there and gave a fuck.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The pr0ns had found out his real name and had been fucking with him (e.g. using his facebook photo as their avatar). This was while he was still alive and posting at CBS. When he disappeared someone googled his name and found an obit. The obit matched up several details that he had posted at CBS

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pr0ns had found out his real name and had been fucking with him (e.g. using his facebook photo as their avatar). /QUOTE]

I remember that!!

Dem sunzabitches

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pr0ns had found out his real name and had been fucking with him (e.g. using his facebook photo as their avatar). This was while he was still alive and posting at CBS. When he disappeared someone googled his name and found an obit. The obit matched up several details that he had posted at CBS
I think Ox started a thread along the lines of RIP MPL. But not knowing he was dead and just noting his absence from the site.. That is when one of the fuckers found his Obit.. I believe he died before Jeter would get his 3000 Hit too. Just to add insult to injury..

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was actually the very first thread I ever read too on CBS.. Only reason It still sticks out to me..

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ox started a thread along the lines of RIP MPL. But not knowing he was dead and just noting his absence from the site.. That is when one of the fuckers found his Obit.. I believe he died before Jeter would get his 3000 Hit too. Just to add insult to injury..
scal?!??!?!

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Monday morning article at Sports Illustrated’s website, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell talked to SI’s Peter King about Deflategate and other news from the 2014 NFL season.

The AFC championship game, in which the Patriots were accused of using footballs deflated below the legal level, was over two months ago, and the NFL investigation into the incident is still ongoing.

“The most important thing is to get the right information, to get the facts and the truth,” Goodell said, adding: “We determined that we should bring [criminal attorney] Ted Wells to further the investigation. We haven’€™t given him a timetable except to be thorough, be fair and get to the truth. When he’€™s completed his report, that will be made public as well as to all of us.”

Added Goodell: “I haven’t spoken to [Wells] for several weeks. I think he’s getting near the end [of his investigation], but there’s no requirement when.”

One rumor around the incident is that Goodell and the NFL suspected the Pats of deflating footballs before the AFC championship game and tried to catch them in the game against the Colts.

“I’m not going to get into what we knew and when we knew it because that’s part of what [Wells is] investigating,” Goodell said. “I can tell you that I was not personally aware of it until after the game.”