• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The sky STILL isn't falling...

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Baldwin said on KJR last night, they have way to much talent to play on offense to play that fucking way.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask some of you that are pissed this:

If I told you before the game that you would be at 4:45 to go up 3, Dallas has the ball on their side of the field on a 3rd and 20 would you believe you would lose that game? What are the percentages of a team making 3rd and 20? Maybe 1 in 10? To that point in the game Murray had 65 yards on 23 carries.

Would you sign up for that?

Romo makes an incredible play capped off by an unbelievable catch and it broke the back of the defense. After that play they let Murray gash them all the way to the end zone.

How many games does the defense fail to hold a lead late? Well, it happened 3 times last year with one of them coming at home late in the season.

There were more plays than that 3rd/20 that could have changed the tides of that game and brought a win. It's not like Dallas beat you by 30. It was a hard fought game and down the stretch Dallas performed better on both lines and made the plays they needed to while Seattle didn't.

Now, let me take you back to 1994. In week 5 the 3-1 49'ers hosted the 2-1 Eagles in a game that everyone thought would be the measuring stick for which of those two would be the favorites to win the NFC that season. Philly came in and beat the ever loving shit out of the 9'ers 40-8. Young was yelling at Seifert on the sidelines and that team looked like a unit in disarray. Everyone thought the Eagles was the best team in the NFC and that was that. SF went 13-1 the rest of the way and destroyed the Chargers in the SB.

There was a year that NE had won the previous SB and they opened the following season being beat up badly by Buffalo and people said ok, not going to repeat. Only they did.

Sucks to let these games slip by you. Seattle should have won it and was in position to win it late. Their defense caved and I still contend that with a healthy Kam, Wagner, Maxwell in there that the game turns out differently. But it didn't work out that way.

They have things to work on. No one questions that. Dallas came in and was the better team that day. That too cannot be questioned. History says that game doesn't implicate ANYTHING about the postseason this year. PERIOD.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky is indeed NOT falling. I think we all need to look at the posts on the Niner board from last year when they lost a couple games early in the season. It was all pitchforks and torches and a lot of them said their season was over. They made it to the NFC championship.

That being said, some things need to change with the Seahawks. Lynch, USE HIM!

Harvin, he was hired to me a medium depth threat as a receiver and then use his legs to gain additional yardage which is the equivalent of a deep threat. USE HIM! The gimmick plays don't work when that's all you do.

There are a llot of other minor issues but if we can get some of our players off of the injury report, these things will correct themselves.

</Steps off Soapbox>

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ... for a second there, I thought I was on a SH Boys thread ...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most games whatever team that loses can point to one or two plays that would have changed the outcome. The maxwell miss was a lost opportunity. Willson had a drop or two that cost them. Baldwin had at least one missed opportunity. Those exist in most games.

They also had fortune on two special teams gaffs by the Cowboys that directly gave them 14 points.

Dallas played less than a perfect game and still won. They executed better on both sides and that made the difference.

The team will regroup and we can hope they get some of those players back and all refocus on cleaning up particularly the pre snap penalties and other totally fixable things. The line between dominating and losing a close game at home comes down to those smaller things.

They will be OK.

Doug Baldwin of Seattle Seahawks says things aren't going right with team - ESPN

"We have to quit BS-ing ourselves. We've got to be real with ourselves," Baldwin said. "When we get in the meeting room, we've got to actually pay attention to things and not blow smoke up our tails that everything's going to be all right. Things aren't going right. Pay attention to things that we're not doing right and correct them."

There's problems right now and it's ingrained in the offense. They need to make some big adjustments and they need to do it now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky is indeed NOT falling. I think we all need to look at the posts on the Niner board from last year when they lost a couple games early in the season. It was all pitchforks and torches and a lot of them said their season was over. They made it to the NFC championship.

That being said, some things need to change with the Seahawks. Lynch, USE HIM!

Harvin, he was hired to me a medium depth threat as a receiver and then use his legs to gain additional yardage which is the equivalent of a deep threat. USE HIM! The gimmick plays don't work when that's all you do.

There are a llot of other minor issues but if we can get some of our players off of the injury report, these things will correct themselves.

</Steps off Soapbox>
Yep, that's the point. It's one thing to be frustrated with the energy gap in yesterdays game and of course the penalties that continue to plague the team, but some of our more causal fans are ready to jump off a cliff or send a hit squad into team headquarters. No team since '72 has ran the table. Everyone loses in the NFL. Even champions have bad losses at some point. When the team was literally one high percentage play away from probably sealing the game away late in the 4th and just blew it I'm not sure how you can have such a dire view of things.

We all hope they fix the things they can right now and get some of their key injured players back before HFA slips away from them, but it's far more important how they are playing at the end of the season than right now and nothing that happens today can give you any indication of how they will actually be playing then.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Baldwin of Seattle Seahawks says things aren't going right with team - ESPN

"We have to quit BS-ing ourselves. We've got to be real with ourselves," Baldwin said. "When we get in the meeting room, we've got to actually pay attention to things and not blow smoke up our tails that everything's going to be all right. Things aren't going right. Pay attention to things that we're not doing right and correct them."

There's problems right now and it's ingrained in the offense. They need to make some big adjustments and they need to do it now.

So you believe that proves some greater point of yours? :pound:

Have you been a football fan for more than a couple of years? I'm not going to beat you up if you have because you just don't know any better.

You WANT your players to have that kind of reaction. Hell, they should have had it like that after last week. You need angry baldwin angry and hungry. You need guys fired up and going crazy in the weight room and film room. Hell, while Sherman didn't have a terrible day, he should be just as mouthy and firing off things about that defense and how they folded like a cheap house of cards after that 3rd/20. They had these same reactions last year if you recall, during the middle of the season when the team was flat.

That Baldwin is pissed just says he is ready to get back to the kind of chip on his shoulder work he did last year. And I say, about fucking time!

How exactly does this prove anything about this over the top reaction blaming EVERYTHING on bevell? Right, it doesn't.

While you can point to that 3rd/20 failure on the defense as the point where that game was lost, there were many little things that happened to the offense all day that would have made that irrelevant. AND I'VE SAID AS MUCH. The stupid presnap penalties. Why the fuck can't Okung just stand there before the snap? How many multiple penalty games is he going to have? I mean he is taking over for Breno in that role quite nicely. Willson drops a pass right to him while he was wide open. WIDE OPEN. I could go on and on, but none of those are Bevell's fault. They just aren't.

I never said Bevell had a great game or great game plan either, but the truth is Dallas outplayed them and took them out of what they wanted to do.

As for Lynch, it's time to ask if his back problem is worse than they are telling us. He hasn't practiced the last couple of weeks and was late getting into the game last week and hasn't had many carries over both of their last two games. And if he is that injured why aren't they activating Michael?

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin is an emotional player. I'm not surprised he had that reaction. It's part of what makes him a fan favorite IMO.

That being said, I don't see anything that isn't fixable. We're still in great shape to win the division as the schedule looks to ease up a bit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin is an emotional player. I'm not surprised he had that reaction. It's part of what makes him a fan favorite IMO.

That being said, I don't see anything that isn't fixable. We're still in great shape to win the division as the schedule looks to ease up a bit.

And those who are worried about Arizona, go take a quick look at their schedule coming forward. They could easily have 5 losses by Thanksgiving. Can't see Seattle losing more than 1 in that span and could/should go without another loss over that stretch.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe that proves some greater point of yours? :pound:

Have you been a football fan for more than a couple of years? I'm not going to beat you up if you have because you just don't know any better.

You WANT your players to have that kind of reaction. Hell, they should have had it like that after last week. You need angry baldwin angry and hungry. You need guys fired up and going crazy in the weight room and film room. Hell, while Sherman didn't have a terrible day, he should be just as mouthy and firing off things about that defense and how they folded like a cheap house of cards after that 3rd/20. They had these same reactions last year if you recall, during the middle of the season when the team was flat.

That Baldwin is pissed just says he is ready to get back to the kind of chip on his shoulder work he did last year. And I say, about fucking time!

How exactly does this prove anything about this over the top reaction blaming EVERYTHING on bevell? Right, it doesn't.

While you can point to that 3rd/20 failure on the defense as the point where that game was lost, there were many little things that happened to the offense all day that would have made that irrelevant. AND I'VE SAID AS MUCH. The stupid presnap penalties. Why the fuck can't Okung just stand there before the snap? How many multiple penalty games is he going to have? I mean he is taking over for Breno in that role quite nicely. Willson drops a pass right to him while he was wide open. WIDE OPEN. I could go on and on, but none of those are Bevell's fault. They just aren't.

I never said Bevell had a great game or great game plan either, but the truth is Dallas outplayed them and took them out of what they wanted to do.

As for Lynch, it's time to ask if his back problem is worse than they are telling us. He hasn't practiced the last couple of weeks and was late getting into the game last week and hasn't had many carries over both of their last two games. And if he is that injured why aren't they activating Michael?

Great, now you're turning to insults. You're in denial dude. Why do we run the bubble screen when teams are all over it? They've been all over it since the start of the season? Why do we run the fly sweep when it basically gets the same result? Why do we never send Harvin downfield? We're giving up downs on plays that everybody knows is coming before the snap. It's predictable as fuck and that's on Bevell. But keep with the flowery "everything is ok, there's nothing to see here" when we're dead last in the league for passing yards a game. DEAD LAST! I don't care what's going on. That's the sign of a bad coaching staff that doesn't know what the fuck they're doing and you can recognize they don't just watching the game.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are both right.

The sky isn't falling. We are never going to be very high in passing yards. That's just not our game.

But, there are some concerns in the playcalling, and I think Bevell needs to reevaluate how he wants to use different receivers (Harvin being the obvious example).

I'm not even close to calling for Bevell's job, but if he fails to adapt throughout the season, my opinion on that could change. I think he's built up enough capital here to be given the chance to make adjustments.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My view is this

Bevell is meh. Would i want better? Heck ya but he's who we got. Deal with him in the Offseason
Cable: Read Bevell. But i blame him more than Bevell.

I think the big issue is depth. I remember during the draft chat here last year that we need a CB. By gawd. We need to take a CB in the 1st round and then focus on the OL later.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My view is this

Bevell is meh. Would i want better? Heck ya but he's who we got. Deal with him in the Offseason
Cable: Read Bevell. But i blame him more than Bevell.

I think the big issue is depth. I remember during the draft chat here last year that we need a CB. By gawd. We need to take a CB in the 1st round and then focus on the OL later.

No team can afford to lose 3 cornerbacks. No Maxwell, no Lane, and no Simon. That's a big pill swallow.

Hopefully Maxwell is ok for Sunday and Simon may be back. I think Lane is eligible to return for the Panthers game but it could be the game afterwards.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are mounting up and it is exposing the depth a little.

Hopefully we can start getting healthier soon and make a run.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Lane is eligible for game action until the Giant game week 10.

Simon and Maxwell probably are back within a week or two. However if one of them cant go Sunday I would expect us to make a move somewhere because that's just not enough bodies to play corner.

Wagner is the ominous one. Turf toe sucks, I would expect minimum of 4 weeks and that's probably being generous.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simon and Maxwell probably are back within a week or two. However if one of them cant go Sunday I would expect us to make a move somewhere because that's just not enough bodies to play corner.

Wagner is the ominous one. Turf toe sucks, I would expect minimum of 4 weeks and that's probably being generous.

Wagner being out hurts, but a LB trio of Irvin, Wright, and Smith is still quite good. Another injury there and we're in deep doo-doo.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Champ Bailey is still looking for a team. Not as good as he used to be but he'd be better than what we've got. He could come in as a rental player for fairly cheap I think.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner being out hurts, but a LB trio of Irvin, Wright, and Smith is still quite good. Another injury there and we're in deep doo-doo.

I don't think Kam is right either. I'm pretty sure he's got some health issues he's trying to work through which are making him very un-Kam like lately. Hopefully he gets back to full health soon. Also, it seems like I'm not hearing ET's name very much so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Sherman finally had a really good game though, good coverage and lots of tackles.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kam is right either. I'm pretty sure he's got some health issues he's trying to work through which are making him very un-Kam like lately. Hopefully he gets back to full health soon. Also, it seems like I'm not hearing ET's name very much so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Sherman finally had a really good game though, good coverage and lots of tackles.

Yeah, ET is actually my biggest concern in the secondary. He really is the engine that makes everything go, and I'm not seeing the same level of production as in past years. And there's no (reported) injury to explain this.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champ Bailey is still looking for a team. Not as good as he used to be but he'd be better than what we've got. He could come in as a rental player for fairly cheap I think.

Maybe a SB ring could motivate him to return to old champ?????????????