• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The sky isn't falling

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

To add to my frustration, I had Harvin playing for my fantasy team. I lost by 4 points :gaah:

That (and rum) contributed to me freaking out overly about the penalties as well. kudos to the team for keeping their focus through that sequence.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for a little perspective on where the team stands right now:

Based on average DVOA of opponent, Seattle has played the hardest schedule in the league so far. Denver's schedule ranks third. The rest of the year, Seattle's schedule ranks 28th and Denver's ranks 25th. Source.

This makes sense to me. Not many teams are going to play a succession of Rodgers, Manning, Rivers and come out 2-1. For the rest of the season we don't play any QBs that are considered at or near elite. We play some good QBs in Romo and Kaep and perhaps a resurgent Manning.

We are well on our way to a 12-4 or perhaps 13-3 record.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people can have initial reactions that they later cool off on, but some of you are off the rails with this NFL conspiracy garbage while others are calling for Bevell's head or questioning the offense a bit harshly.

The Seahawks went on a road game to the East coast to play on MNF. A tall order no matter who you are playing. They committed at least 8-9 very stupid penalties that destroyed drives and/or gave the skins first downs. There were at least 4 dropped balls that were right where they should have been thrown. The refs flat out blew at least a couple of calls that removed 14 points from the board.

And they still won. In fact they never trailed and lead the whole way.

You had subpar play (even by our already low standards) from the Online and the energy didn't seem to be there even at times on the defense, which still played great BTW.

And they still won.

That field was still garbage with dirt and debris flying up all over the place.

And not only did they still win, but as importantly, did not come out with any new major injuries.

Relax guys. Take a deep breath and just relax.

Every champion goes through games like this. Seattle had at least a couple that were far worse last year and still got HFA and won it all.

Having them win a road game under these conditions by 10 and knowing they are still far from playing their best football should be of some comfort. They aren't going to be taking the next game lightly. They all know they have a lot of work to do and I'd expect the focus to be as good as it can be because of how this game went down.

They are coming home to the clink to play a team with some momentum. The moment won't escape them. They know they left a lot of points out there last night and a few tweaks here and there and that game is a 20+ point blow out.
And this one too...
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/seattle-seahawks/167023-sky-still-isnt-falling.html

Oh ye of little faith.

This goes out to those of you who were freaking out then, and were still freaking out today in the first half of this game. Particularly about Bevell and the play calling.

Everything worked out just fine. Relax.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit, I was one who was freaking out! Too many years following the team when they just shit the bed on a regular basis. I will eat a raw crow and confine myself to my room.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... I doubt you were relaxed in that first half... :yahoo:

Wasn't worried in the least. I've watched this team for more than a minute. Said to my step son at the half that they were just one play away from taking the lead to open the second half. Just wasn't worried.

I did read a few things here, but had people over and didn't post. The only reason they trailed in the first half was the turnovers. They outplayed the Rams in every category.

I just don't freak out until it's looking like there isn't enough time for a comeback.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't worried in the least. I've watched this team for more than a minute. Said to my step son at the half that they were just one play away from taking the lead to open the second half. Just wasn't worried.

I did read a few things here, but had people over and didn't post. The only reason they trailed in the first half was the turnovers. They outplayed the Rams in every category.

I just don't freak out until it's looking like there isn't enough time for a comeback.

Wow. You had more faith than the FO that decided to dump the guy we built a playbook around and dumped a ton of money into as far as cap space goes. The sky was falling. They addressed it by sending him to the Jets and the players on the roster now who have a sense of pride and professionalism righted what was wrong. To say this was all part of the plan is demeaning to the players that pulled it together and were able to close out at 9-1 when 9-1 was exactly what was needed degrades what they really were able to accomplish here.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You had more faith than the FO that decided to dump the guy we built a playbook around and dumped a ton of money into as far as cap space goes. The sky was falling. They addressed it by sending him to the Jets and the players on the roster now who have a sense of pride and professionalism righted what was wrong. To say this was all part of the plan is demeaning to the players that pulled it together and were able to close out at 9-1 when 9-1 was exactly what was needed degrades what they really were able to accomplish here.

Seriously? Where did I disrespect the players? :L Holy shit man.

Harvin punched someone and got traded. Turns out he had done that more than once. Not sure that had anything to do with why they lost any of those games. He checked himself out of the Dallas game and ended up on a plane. You are suggesting the Dallas loss is entirely on him and had they not moved him at that moment they wouldn't have gone on this late season streak. I mean forget the injured players they were dealing with, this was ALL harvin.

The season wasn't over when I made either of those threads as is evidenced by the outcome of the regular season. It wasn't time to panic clearly. To turn this into some giant disrespect post is fucking crazy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes sense to me. Not many teams are going to play a succession of Rodgers, Manning, Rivers and come out 2-1. For the rest of the season we don't play any QBs that are considered at or near elite. We play some good QBs in Romo and Kaep and perhaps a resurgent Manning.

We are well on our way to a 12-4 or perhaps 13-3 record.

Hehe... Great post, flyer....