• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The sky isn't falling

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people can have initial reactions that they later cool off on, but some of you are off the rails with this NFL conspiracy garbage while others are calling for Bevell's head or questioning the offense a bit harshly.

The Seahawks went on a road game to the East coast to play on MNF. A tall order no matter who you are playing. They committed at least 8-9 very stupid penalties that destroyed drives and/or gave the skins first downs. There were at least 4 dropped balls that were right where they should have been thrown. The refs flat out blew at least a couple of calls that removed 14 points from the board.

And they still won. In fact they never trailed and lead the whole way.

You had subpar play (even by our already low standards) from the Online and the energy didn't seem to be there even at times on the defense, which still played great BTW.

And they still won.

That field was still garbage with dirt and debris flying up all over the place.

And not only did they still win, but as importantly, did not come out with any new major injuries.

Relax guys. Take a deep breath and just relax.

Every champion goes through games like this. Seattle had at least a couple that were far worse last year and still got HFA and won it all.

Having them win a road game under these conditions by 10 and knowing they are still far from playing their best football should be of some comfort. They aren't going to be taking the next game lightly. They all know they have a lot of work to do and I'd expect the focus to be as good as it can be because of how this game went down.

They are coming home to the clink to play a team with some momentum. The moment won't escape them. They know they left a lot of points out there last night and a few tweaks here and there and that game is a 20+ point blow out.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see what the big deal is we won the game and thats all that matters people forget last season we barely won against some terrible teams AT HOME but it doesnt matter because a win is a win

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We obviously need to clean things up on offense... Were just sloppy right now but I"m confident that will be cleaned up as the season roll's on.... What's up with that ridiculous call on Carpenter though! HOLY moly that seemed like a cheesy call and hopefully the NFL will address that crap....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing this year that is a little concerning is we don't seem to be getting the turnovers like last year. Even when they've caused a fumble the ball just hasn't bounced their way and they don't recover it. Just comes down to dumb luck sometimes. Also, there were two interceptions to be had last night, one for Earl, and one to Wright (I think), that were just dropped.

If the team can start forcing some turnovers again these games would be a lot more lop sided than we've seen so far.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 3-1 with the one loss being on the road to a very good Charger team. This game had a similar feel to the Monday Night Game vs the Rams last year. Plus we have already had 2 long breaks between games this year. Now we will be playing every Sunday and have normal weeks the rest of the year so hopefully we should start gelling.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing this year that is a little concerning is we don't seem to be getting the turnovers like last year. Even when they've caused a fumble the ball just hasn't bounced their way and they don't recover it. Just comes down to dumb luck sometimes. Also, there were two interceptions to be had last night, one for Earl, and one to Wright (I think), that were just dropped.

If the team can start forcing some turnovers again these games would be a lot more lop sided than we've seen so far.

The pass rush hasn't been as stout as it was last year and the team has been bitten by the injury bug in the secondary.

Teams have found marginal success just picking on Maxwell/Burley and neither of them are as likely to get picks.

Until they get that pass rush dialed in more and get the same kinds of pressure they had last year, those turnover numbers will be down.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks got a road win on the East Coast. Nothing else needs to be said after that.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see what the big deal is we won the game and thats all that matters people forget last season we barely won against some terrible teams AT HOME but it doesnt matter because a win is a win

:agree:

I seem to remember plenty of games last year where we played like 'crap' but still pulled out a win. Wasn't the saying that I would rather have a 3rd and 1 rather than a 3rd and 10 because the defense couldn't stop anybody on 3rd and long.

Good win and without two big plays by Cousins and Jackson and our penalties the game is a blow out

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. All in all, the team played well, minus a couple bad penalties and bogus calls.

A 10 point win on the road? Sign me up for that, anytime.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with ya, Wiz. The penalties made the game seem ugly but the Seahawks were in control the entire game. Perhaps they should have put up some more points but this is how we play.

Darrell Bevel is a quality OC. People need to realize that he is forced to play very conservatively when we have a double digit lead. It frustrates me but it works so I have to learn to live with disappointment.

Truth be told I will take a 10 point road win just about every time.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with ya, Wiz. The penalties made the game seem ugly but the Seahawks were in control the entire game. Perhaps they should have put up some more points but this is how we play.

Darrell Bevel is a quality OC. People need to realize that he is forced to play very conservatively when we have a double digit lead. It frustrates me but it works so I have to learn to live with disappointment.

Truth be told I will take a 10 point road win just about every time.

Agreed. Just after halftime my buddy asked me if I was nervous. Just said "Nope. We are in control minus a freak play or two. If the Skins take the lead before last call I'll buy this entire row a beer." Only had to shell out the $19 for the two of us.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Just after halftime my buddy asked me if I was nervous. Just said "Nope. We are in control minus a freak play or two. If the Skins take the lead before last call I'll buy this entire row a beer." Only had to shell out the $19 for the two of us.

Yeah, I never feared losing the game, just frustrated with the sloppiness. It's nice to feel confident in a win, even when the team isn't playing its best.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I never feared losing the game, just frustrated with the sloppiness. It's nice to feel confident in a win, even when the team isn't playing its best.

:agree:

To add to my frustration, I had Harvin playing for my fantasy team. I lost by 4 points :gaah:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 3-1 with the one loss being on the road to a very good Charger team. This game had a similar feel to the Monday Night Game vs the Rams last year. Plus we have already had 2 long breaks between games this year. Now we will be playing every Sunday and have normal weeks the rest of the year so hopefully we should start gelling.

We do still have the Thanksgiving game against the 49ers to play and there's still a chance we get flexed later on in the season. So 11 of the next 12 games are on a Sunday afternoon or night, which is fine with me.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not terribly concerned with the lack of takeaways mainly because we're not turning the ball over on offense either. If the offense was coughing the ball up more often, I'd be more concerned.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Super Bowl almost made me forget how stressful and divisive the regular season can be.

I thought that it was very solid win.

Wilson has been the best player on the field for 3 out of their 4 games (Rivers). They're not going to be the same exact team every year, let alone every week. You have to evolve, but as long as you have a steady hand at coach and QB, you're going to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need wins in September and October. We don't need to be play our best ball until December and January

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right. Just rack up wins now and avoid injuries. Keep working toward peaking near the end of the year. The rest will work itself out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need wins in September and October. We don't need to be play our best ball until December and January

Very true, but man I would love to see that win on Thanksgiving night.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for a little perspective on where the team stands right now:

Based on average DVOA of opponent, Seattle has played the hardest schedule in the league so far. Denver's schedule ranks third. The rest of the year, Seattle's schedule ranks 28th and Denver's ranks 25th. Source.