• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The sign Richard Seymour Thread

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...We been watching the same team WHitner has made some huge plays the last two weeks... yes later in the game he got beat a bit but thats probably because the defense was gassed....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Niners could afford to sign Seymour if they traded Brooks. And they might be able to get a DB or a WR.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the lose of williams, 4-3 being our base package seems like our best bet?

Lemonier willis bowman

Tank McDonald Smith A. Smith

what DB would be worth trading Brooks for?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
On just one defensive play this season (passing situation) I want to see this DL:

LOLB: Lemonier
LDE: Richard Seymour
NT: Justin Smith
RDE: Carradine
ROLB: Aldon

Those is some long arms & terrifying pass rush.

...And who drops back into coverage? Both LBs? Neither? Carradine? I certainly wouldn't want to try to block that crap.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On just one defensive play this season (passing situation) I want to see this DL:

...And who drops back into coverage? Both LBs? Neither? Carradine? I certainly wouldn't want to try to block that crap.

with that pass rush we might not need a secondary

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be more than that. TB contributed 2 mill by himself.

All that extra space was in the off-season when only the top 51 contracts count. Now it is in-season and the whole enchilada leaves us with enough coin for Jack in the Box tacos.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
All that extra space was in the off-season when only the top 51 contracts count. Now it is in-season and the whole enchilada leaves us with enough coin for Jack in the Box tacos.

Ian Williams makes $888,333, which is $777,291 for the rest of the season. If he goes on IR, that should save a chunk.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For starters I would like to see Lemon replace Brooks more often for third and longs. I think he might flash better pass rush.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For starters I would like to see Lemon replace Brooks more often for third and longs. I think he might flash better pass rush.

We cannot afford to trade Brooks, period. We already traded two OLBs away, Haralson and Johnson.
We are paper thin at OLB: Smith, Brooks, Lemonier, Skuta. I see 3 good players there.
We are also paper thin at DL: Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Dobbs, and Jerod-Eddie. I see 2 good players there, one ok player, and 2 practice squaders.

I'm hoping we can *survive* with Dobbs and Jerod-Eddie there for the next 4 weeks, and then Carradine and Quinton Dial come off the IR and replace them and give our front 7 it's second wind.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We cannot afford to trade Brooks, period. We already traded two OLBs away, Haralson and Johnson.
We are paper thin at OLB: Smith, Brooks, Lemonier, Skuta. I see 3 good players there.

So start Lemonier, ride the Skuta as a backup and sign someone to play 4th string. I'm not too concerned the Niners might have a weak 4th-string OLB.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are also paper thin at DL: Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Dobbs, and Jerod-Eddie. I see 2 good players there, one ok player, and 2 practice squaders.

I'm hoping we can *survive* with Dobbs and Jerod-Eddie there for the next 4 weeks, and then Carradine and Quinton Dial come off the IR and replace them and give our front 7 it's second wind.

I'm not advocating trading Brooks. I want them to get Lemon ready for next season. Brooks starts costing a lot and we need to find out if the cheaper guy is better. If so then a trade in the off-season is a start.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not advocating trading Brooks. I want them to get Lemon ready for next season. Brooks starts costing a lot and we need to find out if the cheaper guy is better. If so then a trade in the off-season is a start.

Once Brooks starts declining a bit, Lemonier will eventually become the starter.
Then we'll ask Brooks to take a haircut.
Then we'll trade him.

We'll pull a Haralson on him. :-)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't expect Brooks to decline any time soon. He's not exactly old (29).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just realized Ray MacDonald is banged up too. This is not good at all. One of the biggest problems the Niners had last year? Depth on the DL. Now one of the biggest problems the Niners are having is depth on the DL.

This needs to be addressed ASAP! Ray Mac might've been hurting during the game, and he might've stayed in because they had nobody on the bench.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Aldon's suspended 6 games, that clears up about 1.5 million more in cap space.

Ian Williams being on IR should clear up another 750K or so. That's 2.5.

You gotta think there's a way to clear up another 2.5 or so to get Seymour out of retirement.