• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SEC will not be represented in the Championship game this year

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G and the BIG 12 are down this year. If Oklahoma and tOSU don't go undefeated, it will be very disappointing. They're better than anyone else in their "respected" conference. Oregon and Alabama will go undefeated as well. Would of been a perfect year to have the playoff system in effect

Jeff, you should know better than anyone else that an ACC school will not go undefeated
That would be my prediction for the title game, as well, if I had any confidence in OU. I must admit they're better than I thought but the team still looks like a work in progress

Last edited by a moderator:

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams lose games they aren't supposed to, has happened too consistently over the years. There is no gimme for teams to go undefeated.

The winner of the SEC title game will have a very, very strong resume.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Upsets happen. They just arent as common in the SEC as in the other AQ conferences.

Especially the pac and ACC, which every team the op thinks may go undefeated comes from, other than tOSU.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be my prediction for the title game, as well, if I had any confidence in OU. I must admit they're better than I thought but the team still looks like a work in progress

They'll look like a work in progress all season. I'm just hoping they peak at the right time and continue to stack up the wins.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams lose games they aren't supposed to, has happened too consistently over the years. There is no gimme for teams to go undefeated.

The winner of the SEC title game will have a very, very strong resume.

Every year we say we could see 4 undefeated teams at the end of the season and we usually end up with one or two at most. I see every game on Oklahoma's schedule as games they should probably win, but the games against Baylor and Oklahoma State have me more than a little nervous. They should win those games, but teams lose games they shouldn't. I hope that's not the case, but who knows.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only decent team left on Alabama's schedule is LSU at home... and then the SEC title game

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only decent team left on Alabama's schedule is LSU at home... and then the SEC title game

Bama had a better team in 09 and they should have lost to Tennessee and Auburn.......you never know

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. If we don't improve at all from this point, I'm not sure the offense will be good enough to beat LSU and UGA in the SECCG. But, if we can continue to improve on offense, the TE's get better at blocking, and the offensive line starts to gel a little more, I think we could be deserving of this #1 ranking by the LSU game.

The #1 team and two straight Natty winner deserves to keep that ranking until someone knocks them off in my bias opinion.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama loses, they're out. Really can't see the red carpet being rolled out for them yet again, courtesy of last-minute losses by unbeatens.

Two games concern me: LSU and the SECCG (likely UGA).

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less if the SEC is represented or not unless that team is UGA. Count me as off the roster on Team SEC.

Georgia_Bulldogs_ug12_large.jpg

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly because one team is not dominant enough to go undefeated, while at the same time, I do not expect tOSU, Oregon, and some combination of FSU/Clemson/Miami to lose a game.

SEC-outside looking in this year at the natty.

If someone held a gun to my head and made me decide today, I would agree with this post but not for the same reasoning. Here's mine.

1. No one loss team goes to the NCG over a no loss team, even a SEC champion 1 loss team, and even Louisville should it be a no loss team.

2. As between Stanford/Oregon, OSU, Clemson/FSU, and Lousiville, I believe it is likely that two will be undefeated at years end. If I had to venture a guess it would be Oregon, OSU and Louisville.

3. I think Bama loses one of LSU or UGa in the SECCG (I am, of course, assuming UGa runs the rest of their SEC schedule).

4. That would mean that in my opinion, the most likely scenario is Oregon v. OSU, with Oregon curb stomping OSU. Louisville is left out playing UGa in the Sugar Bowl.

But, as everyone has pointed out, lots of football left to be played. There were few if any Bama fans last year who thought they would be in the NCG, let alone win it, the day after their loss to TAMU. Shit just happens. The problem with this year is two-fold:

1. OSU and Louisville have very easy schedules.
2. UGa looks to have a pretty good chance to get the SECCG ... with our luck, we will win the SEC with a loss the first year in a decade where there are two or more undefeateds. Trust me, that is Dawg luck.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You Sir are a faggot.

With that said, I'm thinking we see a Oregon/TOSU vs. Oklahoma. Not saying that TOSU or Oklahoma are either worthy of being in the Natty, but we have seen how shit happens in the BCS formula.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year we say we could see 4 undefeated teams at the end of the season and we usually end up with one or two at most. I see every game on Oklahoma's schedule as games they should probably win, but the games against Baylor and Oklahoma State have me more than a little nervous. They should win those games, but teams lose games they shouldn't. I hope that's not the case, but who knows.

And this is another year where I could see several teams go unbeaten, but it won't happen. If there's more than one undefeated team heading in the conference championships, I'll be shocked.

I'm just hoping my boys stay focused and come ready to play every game. We SHOULD win out to the SECCG, and see what happens from there.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Sir are a faggot.

With that said, I'm thinking we see a Oregon/TOSU vs. Oklahoma. Not saying that TOSU or Oklahoma are either worthy of being in the Natty, but we have seen how shit happens in the BCS formula.

mad.jpg

Ha! All of you Buckeye fans are drinking up the Coach Urban Meyer Kool-Aid.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly because one team is not dominant enough to go undefeated, while at the same time, I do not expect tOSU, Oregon, and some combination of FSU/Clemson/Miami to lose a game.

SEC-outside looking in this year at the natty.
This maybe true but enjoy because once the playoffs start it going to be extremely difficult to keep an SEC team out.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mad.jpg

Ha! All of you Buckeye fans are drinking up the Coach Urban Meyer Kool-Aid.

:lame: ..............Bro

Urbs said early in the year that this team was one year away. I'm loving where we are and if we end up undefeated in the Rose Bowl instead of the Natty then good for us.

Besides we had one down year (first since 1897) and then went undefeated the next season. How many teams can say this. Certainly not Florida.

These are good times to be a Buckeye fan.