• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SEC will not be represented in the Championship game this year

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team looks really impressive this year?

So far, none to me... there isn't a team where I go "wow... they look tough"

Bama has shown weakness... FSU struggled against BC yesterday...

It may come down to who has the easiest schedule ... tOSU looks good in that respect. They have a schedule that should put them in the NCG.

Oregon is an unknown... they look great.. but they always do against sub-par defenses so until they play a tough game I will withhold my opinion. USC should be a cakewalk this year... so not sure outside Stanford who will really challenge them at all this year.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame: ..............Bro

Urbs said early in the year that this team was one year away. I'm loving where we are and if we end up undefeated in the Rose Bowl instead of the Natty then good for us.

Besides we had one down year (first since 1897) and then went undefeated the next season. How many teams can say this. Certainly not Florida.

These are good times to be a Buckeye fan.
:agree:

the B1G is down big... so tOSU should have a field day in that conference for the foreseable future...

wins and losses are more important in CFB... so until they change that... there is not much to complain about.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could we possibly have a Clemson - Georgia rematch?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly because one team is not dominant enough to go undefeated, while at the same time, I do not expect tOSU, Oregon, and some combination of FSU/Clemson/Miami to lose a game.

SEC-outside looking in this year at the natty.

Have to disagree. ESecPN would blow up if an SEC team didn't play in the NC game.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just pray Ohio st. doesn't make it. I want two dominant teams in the natty, whether that includes Bama or not.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just pray Ohio st. doesn't make it. I want two dominant teams in the natty, whether that includes Bama or not.

We are 5 weeks in, no teams are dominant right now and if they are we don't know who yet.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU Clemson have to play each other. So does FSU Miami, so at least two of these teams will have a loss. Oregon will have a dogfight with stanford. OSU is a pretender.

FSU, Miami, and Clemson will all likely play each other (or a couple of teams will play twice) if they manage to go undefeated until their games. Miami won't skip the ACC championship game this year and will likely play the winner of the FSU vs. Clemson game.

I'm not buying into the ACC hype yet. I think Miami, Clemson, and FSU all have losses by the end of the year. I'm also thinking the Ohio State has a mistake game and loses one, although that is probably wishful thinking on my part! :)

If UGA gets the SEC championship and plays an undefeated Alabama, then the winner is going to the BCS championship game IMO. I think there is a strong possibility of that scenario happening.

The bad part for UGA is if a one loss Clemson ends the season with an ACC championship. If they lose a game to a top 15 team (FSU or SCar), I could see the voters giving the votes to Clemson because of the head to head.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The highest ranked team OSU plays this year is Northwestern and they are number 16. I doubt a one loss SEC team would jump them but they probably should.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad part for UGA is if a one loss Clemson ends the season with an ACC championship. If they lose a game to a top 15 team (FSU or SCar), I could see the voters giving the votes to Clemson because of the head to head.

I hadn't though about that, but you are right. If there is just 1 undefeated team, a one loss Clemson might get the nod before a one loss UGa ... they did beat is heads-up. It would be hard to argue otherwise unless theor loss is really bad (like to Iowa State or something). So, now I have to hope Clemson loses twice.

Seriously, though, I just want to win the SEC at this point. If the NCG follows, that would be great. But, when you lose a game, it's out of your control. The SEC we can control, so that's where my energy is going.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't though about that, but you are right. If there is just 1 undefeated team, a one loss Clemson might get the nod before a one loss UGa ... they did beat is heads-up. It would be hard to argue otherwise unless theor loss is really bad (like to Iowa State or something). So, now I have to hope Clemson loses twice.

Seriously, though, I just want to win the SEC at this point. If the NCG follows, that would be great. But, when you lose a game, it's out of your control. The SEC we can control, so that's where my energy is going.

Don't think so. Clemson which is really tough at home barely won and it was the first game. Losing early is OK, Losing late is not good. If GEORGIA wins out, and Clemson loses, IMO, they will fall behind Georgia.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saved this, and it finally appears to be a distinct possibility, except for Auburn with an outside shot (with help).

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor UGA...

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, saved this one.

Though seeing as how its the barn vs. FSU, don't see an SEC winning the game - save more voodoo tricks.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU Clemson have to play each other. So does FSU Miami, so at least two of these teams will have a loss. Oregon will have a dogfight with stanford. OSU is a pretender.

:agree:

Nastrasteelboy :lol:

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He obviously used the OD predictor

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, saved this one.

Though seeing as how its the barn vs. FSU, don't see an SEC winning the game - save more voodoo tricks.

you really just can't handle that auburn's run game dominated bama and mizzou.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The highest ranked team OSU plays this year is Northwestern and they are number 16. I doubt a one loss SEC team would jump them but they probably should.
Boy the irony that post almost had on September 30th.