• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks Thread

How Far Will the Seahawks Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter Thurmond the Third was Seattle's nickle last year and left in FA. Jeremy Lane is his replacement. He is a little dinged up and listed as probable for the game. I thought Lane did quite well during PS in his shot to be the nickle as the job was essentially handed to him. I am not aware of any anger issues with him.
Against GB, it would be helpful to have all DB's available. Simon is out.

Hmmm sorry meant Therald Simon. Sorry about that. Lane is the one who got booted from the Bronco game if I remember right in the preseason then I think I saw him get another personal foul in another game. Seems like he is trying to show his toughness but problem is he seems to want to do it after the play is over not during the play. I also thought I remember him getting picked on quite a bit. I could be wrong.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter Thurmond the Third was Seattle's nickle last year and left in FA. Jeremy Lane is his replacement. He is a little dinged up and listed as probable for the game. I thought Lane did quite well during PS in his shot to be the nickle as the job was essentially handed to him. I am not aware of any anger issues with him.
Against GB, it would be helpful to have all DB's available. Simon is out.

This is merely a fantasy football question. I am debating on whether to start jordy Nelson this week. Is it true that the Seahawks defense intentionally leaves Sherman on an island with the offenses best receiver on most plays? If so, I think I'm going to start Nelson since he will probably be targeted a ton against the Seahawks since it is usually the right throw to make.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is merely a fantasy football question. I am debating on whether to start jordy Nelson this week. Is it true that the Seahawks defense intentionally leaves Sherman on an island with the offenses best receiver on most plays? If so, I think I'm going to start Nelson since he will probably be targeted a ton against the Seahawks since it is usually the right throw to make.

Sherman plays mostly on one side of the field. Teams can have their #1 receiver avoid him if they want by just having them on the other side. Seattle believes in their players to step up and trust Maxwell with covering #1 receivers when called upon to do that. Also with Sherman's coverage skills especially when playing #2 receivers the team can truly just trust him to shut that player down and roll coverage to help Maxwell or whoever. That is the joy of having a true shut down corner in you can roll coverage without worrying about that side of the field.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm sorry meant Therald Simon. Sorry about that. Lane is the one who got booted from the Bronco game if I remember right in the preseason then I think I saw him get another personal foul in another game. Seems like he is trying to show his toughness but problem is he seems to want to do it after the play is over not during the play. I also thought I remember him getting picked on quite a bit. I could be wrong.

Simon was the one who got ejected. I was actually pretty pleased with Lane's performance during the preseason. He did get picked on a bit, but he had one legit pick and another that went for a TD but got called back due to a bogus PI call.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sherman pretty much stays on one side of the field the whole time. Who he is covering ( Nelson or Cobb) will depend on where they line up.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simon was the one who got ejected. I was actually pretty pleased with Lane's performance during the preseason. He did get picked on a bit, but he had one legit pick and another that went for a TD but got called back due to a bogus PI call.
Correct about both Simon and Lane.
BTW, Simon played pretty good too.
Lane looks solid at the Nickle.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are Corner Back University.

Trufant
Browner
Sherman
Thurmond III
Lane
Maxwell
Simon

Over the past few years it really didn't matter if someone missed a few games because the next guy up played as well or better as the guy he replaced.

As long as Thomas and Chancellor are back there patrolling the middle I'm not worried about any dropoff in the secondary anytime soon.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we'll see. Your team won't make the playoffs this season. Not a hater, check back Dec. 31 and season your crow

UK, how do you prefer your crow?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi folks, tonight's special is crow, served anyway you like.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread/poll just makes me smile. I doubt UK is going to respond to this.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also for fun you can click on the # of votes for each category above to see who predicted what.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c9dcaf634be6e8c3bf88f0d48e297482.jpg

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also for fun you can click on the # of votes for each category above to see who predicted what.

That's pretty cool. Had no idea you could do that.