• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rice Appeal

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please note I said "on this level"...golf buddy's wife is a licensed psych analyst..deals with a lot of DV abuse victims (and abusers) for the VA Hosp...she also echoes some of the points you've brought up, but she saw the video and she thought it was doubtful that she's taken a beating like that before...but it does enhance the chances of it happening again since she did stay with him if this guy doesn't get some help.

Agree, but nobody could run behind that OL LY...Pierce struggled too...turns 28 in Jan...these smaller stature RBs don't drop off quite as fast...some team will give him a look.

edited to note... I make no claims of being an authority on this topic, more or less going off the thought of my friend's wife who deals with this a lot.

Right. It's hard to fathom, but just from knowing what I know (and granted that might be pretty minimal) just saying that it's 100% possible it's not the first time. Hard to tell when so many victims in the past show little to no signs of abuse because of how they protect the abuser.

I have no clue where I got he was 30/31 already...lol...but I know that for the past 5 or so years, in his prime, Rice has had more total touches than just about any other RB...those touches add up. He was significantly slower last year, and his YAC was the worst in the NFL, if I remember correctly. Those are things that don't just limit themselves to poor OL play, which is also a factor.

You are right, some team may give him a shot...but we'll see.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He already was punished, agreed to the punishment and partly served it.

Then, they unilaterally increased it.

I think the appeal is on solid ground.
This isn't double jeopardy...

So let me ask you.... Let's say someone is working for you and they 'broke' an expensive tool of yours in frustration so you discipline them on the matter however later find out that the tool was maliciously destroyed out of rage

Would you still feel the level of discipline taken was still appropriate?

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this guy is a serial beater or was bombed and snapped when she spit in his face. I wouldn't take a chance on him. Lately he said he becomes a different person when he drinks "hard alcohol". He's giving it up suppossedly but said something about still drinking wine or beer. That never works, he'll still get drunk and it very well may happen again
Methyl alcohol is still methyl alcohol. I don't buy that BS about "I can't drink tequila, or I can't drink whiskey" because it makes sick, mean, or cry. Only thing different is the rate of consumption.:lame:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Methyl alcohol is still methyl alcohol. I don't buy that BS about "I can't drink tequila, or I can't drink whiskey" because it makes sick, mean, or cry. Only thing different is the rate of consumption.:lame:
The only differences with me is some things give me heartburn and somethings don't and if I'm drinking beer I end up in the bathroom more.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. It's hard to fathom, but just from knowing what I know (and granted that might be pretty minimal) just saying that it's 100% possible it's not the first time. Hard to tell when so many victims in the past show little to no signs of abuse because of how they protect the abuser.

I have no clue where I got he was 30/31 already...lol...but I know that for the past 5 or so years, in his prime, Rice has had more total touches than just about any other RB...those touches add up. He was significantly slower last year, and his YAC was the worst in the NFL, if I remember correctly. Those are things that don't just limit themselves to poor OL play, which is also a factor.

You are right, some team may give him a shot...but we'll see.

She typically views something on the RR level that we saw as the last straw for most women that have been beaten a lot...typically escalated from much less than that to more severe beating...such as a slap, or a hard push. Her advice to women is leave on the 1st episode and be prepared to not ever come back...coming back is a sign of acceptance she says...kinda proving your theory of it happening before.

But she did state that a blow that hard and for her to stay is unusual unless it was the 1st time, because she could've walked and gotten paid on the way out. I hope they can figure it out.

When I look at guys like Sjax, MJD, even Gore...I can't help but think RR will get a nother shot assuming he walks the straight and narrow.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drunk is drunk, but there is a difference particularly on the recovery...trust me...for me a brown liquor drunk is nothing like a beer drunk...probably 30 yrs since this one but a kamakasi drunk may have been my worse ever...dry heaving 2 days later...looking back on it...drinking to the level of getting drunk is just plain stupid.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drunk is drunk, but there is a difference particularly on the recovery...trust me...for me a brown liquor drunk is nothing like a beer drunk...probably 30 yrs since this one but a kamakasi drunk may have been my worse ever...dry heaving 2 days later...looking back on it...drinking to the level of getting drunk is just plain stupid.

With you there.

Get a nice buzz going, but no need to get flat out stupid. Though, it happens.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With you there.

Get a nice buzz going, but no need to get flat out stupid. Though, it happens.

Nice buzz and then maintain. And remember to eat.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows if this was the first time or not, but I will say this...Rice's demeanor on the field last year changed substantially as his frustrations grew. I would certainly not be surprised if his demeanor at home started changing right around the same time.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would say its likely that nfl changes suspension to 6 games...what grounds do they have if the "new nfl standard" is set to 6 games for first offense? does the next guy to get "charged" get 6 games or a year? something else lost in all this is he wasnt even convicted he was just charged.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice was disciplined twice for the same incident. He will win his appeal.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice was disciplined twice for the same incident. He will win his appeal.
Again, this is not a double jeopardy case.

There is new evidence, so the initial discipline does not measure the actual offense...

He should not win an appeal and he will not win....

Actually, shame on him for even appealing.....

He almost 'got away with it'!