• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The reigning champs arrive at the Grill for a weekend set: ATL @ TEX 4/29-5/1

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what everyone expected. Semien and Seager were not gonna make this team 40 games better in the win column. Are they having some struggles the first month yeah but this team is not a good baseball team and people can't expect them to compete like one. You have Garver, Semien, Lowe, Garcia and Seager who should be good to above avg hitters and the rest are spares and let's not get started on the absolute shit ass pitching staff this FO assembled.

They added Gray who hasn't been good and I dont think taking him from Colorado and bringing him to Texas makes him a good pitcher, no matter how it affects spin rate, ball movement or his pitches overall. He's a 4th or 5th starter on a good team. Beyond that the subtractions from the pitching staff (that was really bad least year) are greater than the piss poor additions. How is that a recipe for winning more games? This team talent sucks and it's gonna suck and then you add a manager the sucks and well.....they all suck. Starts with the FO, who yep also sucks!

That is my rant this lovely Saturday morning but dont get upset with me because at this point in my fandom, I also suck as a fan.

I was going to the game last night but I decided not to because I didnt think that I would be happy with my usual seating from the old parks. The idea of the 1st or 3rd base Iines aren't as appealing to me now because even sitting on row 1, you are said to be 10 rows off the field and there are nets all the way down the line apparently, these days. Not being able to be as engaged as a fan takes the excitement out of it for me. I want to be able to see every pitch as it crosse the late and deem it a ball or strike and I dont want to be in the outfield 400 feet away. Granted I haven't been to a game in the new park, so can't be 100% but from what I have seen and heard and seen on the ticket brokerage sites, I dont think I'll enjoy near as many games live anymore.

I expected a 10 game improvement over last year. They may actually end up with a worse record. Have to think there will be coaches fired over that, and rightfully so.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ba
Woody has a lot of faults. Not a fan of his lineup shuffling or his BP management. Seems to try to get as many guys into a game as possible on both sides of the ball. Probably overthinking/over evaluating stats. Too much throwing against the wall to see what sticks, and then not staying with it when he finds something that does.
Basicly that was what I was saying.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leiter and Englert pitch tonight for Frisco and Hickory. TBD is pulling double duty again for Round Rock and Down East..

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not only that, they went out this winter and bought themselves a bullpen. Loup, Tepera and Iglesias. If they are rested and the Angels have a lead after 5 it’s usually game over. Loup goes 6 and 7, Tepera in the 8th and Iglesias for the close. They did it against the Rangers and Guardians.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like just yesterday there was concern that the FO was repeating a cycle of sticking with under-performing players because of mysterious preferential treatment or some such.
Sanity is back in style.

Maybe JD decided he didn't have such a nice face after all.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This thread gave me the chance to ask about Kyle Cody again. I don't expect an answer. Lol