• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The reigning champs arrive at the Grill for a weekend set: ATL @ TEX 4/29-5/1

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th Ranger pitcher in 4 innings. Not really sure abot Woody.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tepid is a real smart feller.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tepid is a real smart feller.

The rest of the LSB crew chimed in. Here is the thing. 2 innings being the norm for a SP and a team supposedly ok with it enrages a fanbase

They talk about a manager losing a locker room this is a team losing its fanbase. It runs counter to the signings made

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: How long do we wait for our 1/2 billion dollar boys to heat up? Disgusting and probably causing owners not to sleep well.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: How long do we wait for our 1/2 billion dollar boys to heat up? Disgusting and probably causing owners not to sleep well.

Just have to ride that out for now and assume they come around

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have to ride that out for now and assume they come around
And then we have a Mgr that thinks he is above all things, a pitching rotation expert.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then we have a Mgr that thinks he is above all things, a pitching rotation expert.

Can't say I agree. Woody certainly has many faults, but being an egomaniac isn't something I've seen from him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I agree. Woody certainly has many faults, but being an egomaniac isn't something I've seen from him.
Well then you must agree the way he is handeling the pitching. He used 4 pitchers in 4 innings last night. A little unusual to say the least.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager has heated up.

300/.333/.600 is his slash line for the last 5 games.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be three significant problems with the pitching plans that have resulted in some bad numbers.

First of all the club lacks experienced talent across the board in the rotation and especially in the pen.

Secondly, they have taken the need to take it easy on the pitchers to the extreme. Somehow they decided that they were going to not come close to overworking any of them in any one game for the whole month of April. To me this is a good idea carried to the extreme and to a fault. They have overdone this significantly.

Thirdly, they have decided to shoehorn Spencer Howard into a major league rotation when he has no business there. That has set up every fifth game to be a bullpen game.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what everyone expected. Semien and Seager were not gonna make this team 40 games better in the win column. Are they having some struggles the first month yeah but this team is not a good baseball team and people can't expect them to compete like one. You have Garver, Semien, Lowe, Garcia and Seager who should be good to above avg hitters and the rest are spares and let's not get started on the absolute shit ass pitching staff this FO assembled.

They added Gray who hasn't been good and I dont think taking him from Colorado and bringing him to Texas makes him a good pitcher, no matter how it affects spin rate, ball movement or his pitches overall. He's a 4th or 5th starter on a good team. Beyond that the subtractions from the pitching staff (that was really bad least year) are greater than the piss poor additions. How is that a recipe for winning more games? This team talent sucks and it's gonna suck and then you add a manager the sucks and well.....they all suck. Starts with the FO, who yep also sucks!

That is my rant this lovely Saturday morning but dont get upset with me because at this point in my fandom, I also suck as a fan.

I was going to the game last night but I decided not to because I didnt think that I would be happy with my usual seating from the old parks. The idea of the 1st or 3rd base Iines aren't as appealing to me now because even sitting on row 1, you are said to be 10 rows off the field and there are nets all the way down the line apparently, these days. Not being able to be as engaged as a fan takes the excitement out of it for me. I want to be able to see every pitch as it crosse the late and deem it a ball or strike and I dont want to be in the outfield 400 feet away. Granted I haven't been to a game in the new park, so can't be 100% but from what I have seen and heard and seen on the ticket brokerage sites, I dont think I'll enjoy near as many games live anymore.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently all 3 are notorious slow starters but Seager is coming around and Semien is starting to hit hard unfortunately at people. Garver also seems to be picking it up. don't give up them yet. now the rest except for Lowe I'm already giving up on them

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what everyone expected. Semien and Seager were not gonna make this team 40 games better in the win column. Are they having some struggles the first month yeah but this team is not a good baseball team and people can't expect them to compete like one. You have Garver, Semien, Lowe, Garcia and Seager who should be good to above avg hitters and the rest are spares and let's not get started on the absolute shit ass pitching staff this FO assembled.

They added Gray who hasn't been good and I dont think taking him from Colorado and bringing him to Texas makes him a good pitcher, no matter how it affects spin rate, ball movement or his pitches overall. He's a 4th or 5th starter on a good team. Beyond that the subtractions from the pitching staff (that was really bad least year) are greater than the piss poor additions. How is that a recipe for winning more games? This team talent sucks and it's gonna suck and then you add a manager the sucks and well.....they all suck. Starts with the FO, who yep also sucks!

That is my rant this lovely Saturday morning but dont get upset with me because at this point in my fandom, I also suck as a fan.

I was going to the game last night but I decided not to because I didnt think that I would be happy with my usual seating from the old parks. The idea of the 1st or 3rd base Iines aren't as appealing to me now because even sitting on row 1, you are said to be 10 rows off the field and there are nets all the way down the line apparently, these days. Not being able to be as engaged as a fan takes the excitement out of it for me. I want to be able to see every pitch as it crosse the late and deem it a ball or strike and I dont want to be in the outfield 400 feet away. Granted I haven't been to a game in the new park, so can't be 100% but from what I have seen and heard and seen on the ticket brokerage sites, I dont think I'll enjoy near as many games live anymore.
Seager and Semien should be expected to play at a higher level imo. They signed a contract that demands it. The team as a whole has a lot to improve on.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently all 3 are notorious slow starters but Seager is coming around and Semien is starting to hit hard unfortunately at people. Garver also seems to be picking it up. don't give up them yet. now the rest except for Lowe I'm already giving up on them
Not giving up at all. Just expect more from them. Semien is .165 and Garver .177. Seager is picking it up now.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then you must agree the way he is handeling the pitching. He used 4 pitchers in 4 innings last night. A little unusual to say the least.

Woody has a lot of faults. Not a fan of his lineup shuffling or his BP management. Seems to try to get as many guys into a game as possible on both sides of the ball. Probably overthinking/over evaluating stats. Too much throwing against the wall to see what sticks, and then not staying with it when he finds something that does.