• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Reasons I want Rich to be HC

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Once a Mountaineer...
  2. He gave me the best 3 years of my life. 2005-2007 were magical. Everything was perfect in my world because WVU was winning... receiving top 10 rankings... and beating teams like UGA and OU proved I was somebody. No matter what anyone had said about me in the past, Rich made them shut the fuck up for me.
  3. He left WVU for a better job. I left WV for a better opportunity too. There are only so many elite coaching jobs in America... he took it. After flirting with UNC and Bama the previous two years, it was kind of a relief for me to see him finally move on. I got so wrapped up in wanting him to stay at WVU... cause you know... he said he wanted to be there for as long as we wanted him... but... I don't deserve better. I am from WV after all...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. His record at UofM speaks for itself. Given access to a national brand... getting a recruiting class full of the nation's best talent... he compiled a 3-9, 5-7, and 7-6 record.
  2. He obviously had the program going in the right direction and was just one year removed from greatness. The fact that his team in year 3 beat zero ranked teams, and that it suffered embarrassing losses to Wisky by 20, tOSU by 30 and Miss St by 38 to end the year... should not be considered. All those losses do is point to a negative... and we discard all of that.
  3. Like the fact he had proven talent leave his program right off the bat and transfer to a school like tOSU. A kid who cited Rich and his staff for their lack of family values. Who cares about family values anyways? Kid must be a pussy. Even a sportswriter from Detroit wrote that Rich and his staff used some of the foulest most degrading language imaginable. Can you believe that? Only WVU fans can relate. We all seen Rich do that... now we seen Dana do it too. Some WVU fans forget what Rich used to be like... but it's OK... he be a Mountaineer and all. Once a Mountaineer...
  4. Well... there is the fact that Rich owns some distinguishing history at UofM too. The NCAA found he and his staff guilty of 5 major rules violations and put them on probation. He also was the first UofM coach to enjoy back to back losing seasons. He went 0-3 vs tOSU and 0-3 vs Mich St.
  5. But, he was one year away from greatness. He beat 3 teams with a winning record his last season with the Wolverines... 7-6 Illini, 8-5 ND, and 8-5 UConn. Even though he had another losing record in the B1G... going 3-5... he beat the Huskies... something WVU's HC... Billy Stewart couldn't do.
  6. Some claim Brady Hoke won with Rich's players. Well... UofM played no one the next year... only 2 ranked teams in which they went 1-1. Rich would have had the same outcome... just played an easier schedule was all. Not turning it around...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. He took over an Arizona program that had finished 4-8 the previous season. But, this was not a down program. Mike Stoops went 7-6 in 2010, 8-5 in 2009 with a 6-3 conference record, 8-5 in 2008 with a 5-4 conference record.
  2. Since Rich arrived in the desert, his Zona team has played one of the easiest non-conference schedules in the country over the past 4 seasons. The Wildcats have played 1 team from a P5 conference... in 2012 they played Okie St.
  3. He has a losing record in the Pac 12... 17-18. He has gone 0-4 vs UCLA, 0-2 vs Stanford, 1-3 vs both USC and in-state rival ASU. Against the weaker teams in conference, he has gone 1-2 vs Wazzou, and 1-1 vs CAL and Oregon St.
  4. He enjoyed magic last year to get to 10 wins and a PAC 12 South Championship. Last minute INT to seal the win over UTSA. A Hail Mary pass to beat CAL. And, poor clock management by Peterson at UW... along with a fumble and game winning FG to get by the Huskies. I like that kind of magic though. Same kind of magic came he enjoyed at WVU... like when playing UofL in '05. Referees miscalled the onside kick in that game... or it was a loss to the Cardinals. No BE championship... no Sugar Bowl win. Bring that kind of magic back to Motown... I say...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Once a Mountaineer...
  2. He gave me the best 3 years of my life. 2005-2007 were magical. Everything was perfect in my world because WVU was winning... receiving top 10 rankings... and beating teams like UGA and OU proved I was somebody. No matter what anyone had said about me in the past, Rich made them shut the fuck up for me.
  3. He left WVU for a better job. I left WV for a better opportunity too. There are only so many elite coaching jobs in America... he took it. After flirting with UNC and Bama the previous two years, it was kind of a relief for me to see him finally move on. I got so wrapped up in wanting him to stay at WVU... cause you know... he said he wanted to be there for as long as we wanted him... but... I don't deserve better. I am from WV after all...

Are you crying! Do I see a tear in your eye? Man up, bb, and quit being a fucking pussy. Ohhh....do you feel jilted? You Sissy.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....

You can forgive him shredding the players profiles and folders to spite WVU?

Trying to pull recruits from WVU to UofM

Holding WVU hostage for more cash and power 2x, can't forget his Alabama tryst the year before.

The scandals about cheerleaders

His wife

and general unprofessional way he left WVU?

This doesn't take into account his actions cost UofM violations, not a WVU matter but a coach's ethics always follow him around. Plus he always seems to have a foot out the door.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....

Holding WVU hostage for more cash and power 2x, can't forget his Alabama tryst the year before.

His wife

This doesn't take into account his actions cost UofM violations, not a WVU matter but a coach's ethics always follow him around. Plus he always seems to have a foot out the door.

He wrote that tongue and cheek !...

He doesn't want Rich back..just re-hashing the hard truth...The only reason there are Wv fans clamoring for his return are two things...The big one BBW pointed out..Wv had its golden era of football, he coached a system that was new to the college landscape...the second even though the majority of Mountaineer fans won't admit it out loud...The AD at the time and the in over his head President of the school ran a pretty dysfunctional house..so quietly they believe Rich should get another shot...

I respected what Rich was able to do for Wv, he put them on the map from a National perception, but I can only think of one HC that has ever gone back to a program he had been at before and had success..and that's Snyder at KSU..I believe that in the back of coaches mind.. and I can't blame him really..that once he's back there its been there done that!...it would be natural to think you have gone a step backwards an lose a little fire in your belly to do things you once did to get a program back on top again...in the end for Rich you can come back home anytime you want...but just for a visit during the holidays!!!:lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....

His wife

Hell yeah!

If he can bring my favorite school back to relevance... if he can bring me a team I can feel good about... win games the right way... I am all in.

It's all about the winning...

No excuses...

WVU fans are good about making excuses...

And, accepting mediocrity. We be good at that... well... some of us.

Not me though... I want Rich. He be a winner...

Once a Mountaineer...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wrote that tongue and cheek !...

He doesn't want Rich back..just re-hashing the hard truth...The only reason there are Wv fans clamoring for his return are two things...The big one BBW pointed out..Wv had its golden era of football, he coached a system that was new to the college landscape...the second even though the majority of Mountaineer fans won't admit it out loud...The AD at the time and the in over his head President of the school ran a pretty dysfunctional house..so quietly they believe Rich should get another shot...

I respected what Rich was able to do for Wv, he put them on the map from a National perception, but I can only think of one HC that has ever gone back to a program he had been at before and had success..and that's Snyder at KSU..I believe that in the back of coaches mind.. and I can't blame him really..that once he's back there its been there done that!...it would be natural to think you have gone a step backwards an lose a little fire in your belly to do things you once did to get a program back on top again...in the end for Rich you can come back home anytime you want...but just for a visit during the holidays!!!:lol:

Sometimes it's hard to tell.

The move to the B1g 12 has been a little tougher than most fans probably expected.

I fully expected Rich Rod to leverage the Va Tech job.

Oh I could have also cited that stupid 3-3-5 defense!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crying? Hell yeah I cry. Just like my man Rich! We be OK with that...

Even Josh Groban's having fun at RichRod's expense

You gotta love this man... the emotion! The crying...

LMFAO!..the second video is CLASSIC!..was he emotional because of the issues he was having with his players at the time...OR PISSED by the fact the PR person from the AD's office who wrote and made him read it!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO!..the second video is CLASSIC!..was he emotional because of the issues he was having with his players at the time...OR PISSED by the fact the PR person from the AD's office who wrote and made him read it!!

He was hurtin' man.... hurtin' real bad...

Them was big boy tears... big boy emotions. He moved to a big boy conference...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first video quoting from a Josh Groban song...somehow spurred this reaction!!..thought he pulled it from this song instead for moment!

With it being the Holiday Season, I thought it was this one. I hate to admit, but I do cry every time I hear this song.

Last edited:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now... I am crying...

Tis the season...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now... I am crying...

Tis the season...
She took his gift of a diamond pin that he gave her last Christmas and then had the balls to wear it this Christmas AND bring her new man! Bitches be so mean. :bawling:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang in there bb, THE WV man has a WV man in his crosshairs, we wont have to suffer much longer, help is on the way...

View attachment 66424

Doc is coming back to be an assistant coach again for another 20 years??? I guess if you can't beat big brother, you might as well join him....again.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... if WVU can't get Rich as the first choice... I'd be happy to see Doc come back to his alma mater.

I think he could help make WVU relevant again. He's a winner. And, me like a winner.

All he has to do is convince Bowlsby... that dumbass out in Texas or wherever he lives and works... to reinstate Prop 48 so he can bring the boyz from the hood in the F... L... A... to Motown and start dealing on the field instead of streets of South F...L... A...

If them boys start making noise in Motown... we can all feel special again...

Just gotta get 'em school... but, Doc can do it...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dad has taken over BBW's mind...

WTF Dad? Did you learn mind control?