• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the Couturier contract doesn't make us one of the worst franchises in the league. It's not even close to one of the reasons. Neither would a small "overpay" for Konecny, an actual top liner.

If you aren't going to pay your picks when you hit 1 out of 20, then fold the franchise.

The only thing you are going to get from free agents is overpaying them for what they did elsewhere with a much better roster than they'll have here. The plan I'm hearing from you guys sucks: keep sucking until there's money to spend and then spend it on some bastard that another team didn't want to keep. That's how the organization fucked up the franchise along with not drafting any meaningful core.
Tell me you don't know shit about sports without telling me you dont know shit about sports!:L

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing you are going to get from free agents is overpaying them for what they did elsewhere with a much better roster than they'll have here. The plan I'm hearing from you guys sucks: keep sucking until there's money to spend and then spend it on some bastard that another team didn't want to keep. That's how the organization fucked up the franchise along with not drafting any meaningful core.
Aren't they addressing that now by stockpiling assets?

We need to keep sucking so that we can keep accruing assets.
We then have the option of buying FA or using those assets in trades.

If Michkov is that good, players are going to want to play with him.
Especially Russians.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too bad for 40 years. Then good thing you moved to better hockey.
It's not a question of better hockey, shit the Avs were a horrible team for like 10 years until recently. You just gotta take the good with the bad when it comes to sports, trust me I'm one of the most emotional fans I know so I get it, loosing sucks. However if we don't allow management to dig us out of this hole then we're just going to be miserable as fans, I myself see us starting to compete for the playoffs as early as next season, and then hopefully seriously for many seasons after that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However if we don't allow management to dig us out of this hole then we're just going to be miserable as fans, I myself see us starting to compete for the playoffs as early as next season, and then hopefully seriously for many seasons after that.
Without talent or a core or a goalie that's not happening.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe Briere/Jones are doing the right thing in trying to rebuild this franchise, then you cannot give him any ol' contract.
Giving out those contracts is what is hamstringing them right now.
Isn't that why you consider them one of the worst run franchises???

If his camp thinks he's worth that much, so be it.
Trading him for .75 on the dollar isn't terrible.

We have been stockpiling picks for the next two drafts when a bunch of money comes off our books and frees us from Fletcher cap hell.
Potentially overpaying him at $10M when this team isn't ready yet just doesn't make sense if you believe they are rebuilding.
It's definitely a fine line to walk. You can't let Konecny go for nothing, but you also can't take the risk of paying him $10 million when he's 34-35 years old and suddenly not producing. If you trade him away and don't get enough in return, that also hurts. I find it really difficult to believe that Konecny will take $10 million per and nothing less if he really does love Philadelphia.

If he absolutely needs $10 million, I'm sure some team would be willing to pay him, but he's not just going to walk away from Philly in the offseason. We will deal him if we can't re-sign him.

I do hate to lose this guy however. He is the heart and soul of the franchise right now.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interpreter Translate GIF by Panama Translator

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We gotta make some trades. How is Tyson Foerster a 20 goal scorer our 13th forward rotating in and out of the line up.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We gotta make some trades. How is Tyson Foerster a 20 goal scorer our 13th forward rotating in and out of the line up.
Every projection that I have seen has him on the 1st or 2nd line.