• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, none of the NHLers in that criminal case were qualified. He will probably miss at least 2 years waiting for the trial. Even if he is not guilty, he will have a hard time playing again after so much time away from the game.
That's really fucked up. How on earth would they ever be able to prove that he or any of the players are guilty this long after whatever happened anyway!? There's no fucking shot. It's just ruining a lot of lives and eliminating our potential shot at a franchise goalie. The woman has already been paid off, no?

If the 5 on 1 assault actually happened and wasn't consensual, then that's obviously horrible, but if this chick was there for sex anyway, where is the proof that she wasn't a total slut that wanted every bit of it!?! Is there some magical evidence that's going to show up after 6+ years!? Lol

I'm sorry, but this very likely amounts to just the most costly hooker ever. It's very difficult for me to have sympathy for the woman because she had to know what she was getting into.

Also, why was the initial investigation closed with zero charges filed!?

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cant understand why it takes so long to bring these kids to trial.

I get in Canada there is no right to a speedy trial.
Because. Canada is a shithole country run by limp wristed fag's. They don't deserve the sport anymore and I hope to never see a cup raised there again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Wheeler of The Athletic names only two teams that are supposed draft losers. This means that they will regret taking the players that they chose.

We are one of them.

Fucking fantastic.

If he's right, literally 30-31 of the 32 teams outperformed us in the draft.

Even if he's wrong, we better fucking improve on this before the '25 draft.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then they trade out of #32. Future oilers 1st for it though, in 2025 or 2026.

Get the feeling the Flyers really didn’t like this draft. Mentioned in the Walker deal they prioritized 2025 1st instead of 2024. Traded back from 12 for a 3rd in 2025. Now trading 32 for a 1st in a later draft.

So either Briere is being very patient here loading up for what’s supposed to be a very good 2025 draft, or he’s loading up to wheel and deal.
If they wanted to prioritize the 2025 draft that's fine then they should've traded the 12th pick for something more that an extra 3rd round pick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ghost presence of Hextall and WTFC apparently continues unabated. The dumpster fire known as the Philadelphia Flyers continues. After the deliberate walking around of Buium for another turd project player and then the complete disaster of Hart's legal mess and rejection by the Flyers' organization, I had to stop watching and left to go do something to save my sanity. How can two supposed hockey professionals fuck-up a major sports franchise this bad is beyond me!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ghost presence of Hextall and WTFC apparently continues unabated. The dumpster fire known as the Philadelphia Flyers continues. After the deliberate walking around of Buium for another turd project player and then the complete disaster of Hart's legal mess and rejection by the Flyers' organization, I had to stop watching and left to go do something to save my sanity. How can two supposed hockey professionals fuck-up a major sports franchise this bad is beyond me!!
I'd have to say management told them to let Hart go. I hope this kid is found innocent and comes back and wins 3 cups!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, the Flyers' defensive group is looking like it will be Johnson, Travis Sanheim, Cam York, Nick Seeler, Jamie Drysdale, Egor Zamula and Rasmus Ristolainen. Ronnie Attard, Adam Ginning and Emil Andrae should be pushing for games, too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Flyers right?
For me its probably a lateral move to lose Staal and have Johnson be the 7th defenseman. No biggie.
Yes to the first part, if we can get him back.

I'd much rather see someone else in that role than Johnson, preferably someone younger, draft message to me is we still aren't ready. Might as well get a youngster some time see if they'll pan out in the big league.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly right.

Wokeness is alive and well in the NHL and they would not do anything to piss off the loud minority.
Very tough pill to swallow for Hart he's losing millions waiting for a trial and quite possibly his career could be over. Even if they did something stupid that's a pretty harsh penalty. On top of it there were no charges until some people squawked. I guess being the entertainment business teams are scared to keep these players employed.