• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose: Oregon vs Ohio State

Alamo: Stanford vs Oklahoma

Holiday: Arizona State vs Texas

Sun: UCLA vs North Carolina

Vegas: Boise State vs USC

Kraft Fight Hunger: Washington vs BYU

New Mexico: San Jose State vs Oregon State

*Independence: Arizona vs Georgia Tech

*Little Cesars: Washington State vs Ball State

* Non PAC affiliated bowls.

UCLA pulled a terrible opponent imo. I like the USC and UW matchups.

Time will tell what we really get soon enough.

I think UW would be in huge trouble vs BYU. They are too tough for the Huskies.

Especially if Miley Cyrus.... er Cilus Miles is QB... He is raw and wont know how to handle BYU. Even with Price I think BYU wins.

Hopefully for yall you can get that Sun bid or Vegas bid. I think UW would crush UNC.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you figure the game would be in Tempe?:noidea:

Based on the tiebreakers for division championships ASU would host it over Oregon but there is a separate set for hosting the championship game. I made the same mistake.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but also wouldn't be surprised if they squeaked one out.. Statistically ASU has the best defense in the PAC and a top-10 offense.. They have the D-line to get in the backfield and disrupt the mesh but struggle against good TEs. If the game was in Eugene it'd be a blowout.

What statistics are you referring to? The only stat that matters on Defense is points per game and last I checked Oregon was number one in that category with 18.2 ppg allowed. Maybe Im wrong?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers at the OSU game are idiots.. I should have looked up the tiebreaker. Was also hoping you guys played USC..

Oh I would love to see Oregon beat the shit out of USC. The up tempo of Oregon would wear out the SC defense. Only 45 guys dressing. THey would be wore out vs Oregon. The Stanford grind the clock game is a great defensive match up for SC. Oregon... not so much.

THe Ducks put up 60 on them @ SC last year. And Barner ran for 325 because of SC's depth issues.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pac 12 championship game was in Tempe that would be amazing, but at the same time that would mean Oregon loses again which is horrible for the Pac.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers at the OSU game are idiots.

Yes. Most are. I've heard an extraordinary amount of dumb shit from announcers this season.

Personally I don't like the BCS component being a tie breaker. I think if theres still a tie after the first two are used then the division that hosted the game the previous season loses the title game site.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford has beat Oregon 4 times since 2000. That is Oregon being 10-4 vs Stanford.

3 of those Stanford wins have kept Oregon out of the NATTY,

Without Stanford upsetting Oregon those 3 games Oregon would have played in 4 NATTYs in 12 years...:gaah:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford has beat Oregon 4 times since 2000. That is Oregon being 10-4 vs Stanford.

3 of those Stanford wins have kept Oregon out of the NATTY,

Without Stanford upsetting Oregon those 3 games Oregon would have played in 4 NATTYs in 12 years...:gaah:

Wait but how many Nattys did you play in??????????? :laugh3:

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Most are. I've heard an extraordinary amount of dumb shit from announcers this season.

Personally I don't like the BCS component being a tie breaker. I think if theres still a tie after the first two are used then the division that hosted the game the previous season loses the title game site.

:wtf2:The only reason why you say that is you never want anything good to happen for Oregon. It has nothing to do with anything else. The ranking system is the only logical tiebreaker, why reward a team for being weaker?

Trust me, I understand your hate for the Ducks, it is returned 10fold.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pac 12 championship game was in Tempe that would be amazing, but at the same time that would mean Oregon loses again which is horrible for the Pac.

Put down the bong and slip back into reality Jahii......Ducks would roll in Tempe and you know it.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine where ASU would be if they hadnt blown the ND game.

They really let the PAC down losing that game. I mean freaking Pitt beat ND.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Taylor Kelly played like he did last night, yea we would get rolled on. Taylor Kelly needs to get his shit together going into the Rose Bowl next weekend.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how stupid you can be sometimes. You are only half right. USC matched up better, yes. USC beats Oregon, no. Wake up dude. This is exactly like saying that Utah beats Oregon because they beat Stanford.

Yeah, because that's never happened before. And it's not exactly like saying Utah beats Oregon because they beat Stanford.

USC has better athletes than Utah and matches up well with both Stanford and Oregon. Basically, we can play physical like Stanford (physical football is Oregon's kryptonite) and have more speed than Stanford.

Not saying USC would win, but I'd like our chances.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What statistics are you referring to? The only stat that matters on Defense is points per game and last I checked Oregon was number one in that category with 18.2 ppg allowed. Maybe Im wrong?

Total Defense (yards allowed) and you're right Scoring D is the one that matters and Oregon leads that.. I'm never listening to the announcers blindly again. They made it sound like ASU was #1 in Scoring D .

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were a different team since the beginning of the year though.

ASU is an entirely different program now.

Never thought I would see it but Graham is the man.

ASU is going to be a force in the PAC for the foreseeable future

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine where ASU would be if they hadnt blown the ND game.

They really let the PAC down losing that game. I mean freaking Pitt beat ND.

If we didn't lose that game we would have lost to Washington or Utah. The team needed a wake up call.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we didn't lose that game we would have lost to Washington or Utah. The team needed a wake up call.

Its too bad. I would have loved to see some fresh blood in the BCS.

ASU still controls its destiny for the RB though. All you can ask in mid November.

I think any ASU fan hears that at the beginning of the year and they are pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.