• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found the spreads finally. I went 3-3 this week.

Picked against Oregon to cover.
Picked USC to win
Picked ASU with enough points

Picked UDud to lose but had loss by only 2 points so pick was really UDud and 2.5
Whiffed on Colorado and WSU
Figure I should straighten this out before I post the results....

I can only calculate one way or the other.

I missed the spread post so I'll just go with

UCLA over UDud 26-24
Oregon over Utah 32-26
Arizona over WSU 49-42
Cal over Colorado 30-27
USC over Stanford 28-24
ASU over OSewe 52-30

Using your picks as stated.....
2-4
W- UCLA
over UDud 26-24
L- Oregon over Utah 32-26
L- Arizona over WSU 49-42
L- Cal over Colorado 30-27
W- USC over Stanford 28-24
L- ASU over OSewe 52-30

Using your scores as stated.....
2-4
L- UCLA over UDud 26-24
W- Oregon over Utah 32-26
L- Arizona overWSU 49-42
L- ASU over OSewe 52-30

(IMO I think using your scores is the only way this should be calculated)

Sorry, unless I'm missing something, you're 2-4 either way.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With only 8 IC games it is no wonder. A conf with one less cupcake per team per year even getting close to that is way more impressive. :suds:

That would mean only needing 2 conference wins to get to a bowl game. Wow. :doh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ran 70 on them and they just couldn't keep up. They were getting injuries left and right.. It's just a matter of time before SC is SC again though. Which is actually good for the PAC. Excited to see what they do about the Coaching Situation.

Biggest problem in that game was the same as vs. Oregon last year. Our offense wasn't controlling the tempo. We allowed ourselves to get into a shootout where our offense was actually scoring too fast. In the games since Coach O took over and let Helton call the plays, the attack has been more balanced and our offense has done a great job of playing the ball control game. This has helped rest the defense.

I have no delusions though. Our defense was gassed at the end last night and it was just some individual players making some great plays when we needed them that saved the game.

I think we're getting darned close to being back. We should have more numbers next year. We started this season with only 65 scholarship players (even though we could have 75) and when the injury bug hit, we were in real trouble.

Next year, we should be closer to 75 and then the following year we'll be back to normal numbers.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw in both Oregon and Stanford's games yesterday was a lack of focus and less effort. Not taking away from USC who played just about as perfect as you can against Stanford, but it looked like both Oregon and Stanford were suffering hangovers. It took a kickoff return by DAT and finally wake up Oregon, but clearly they were having problems yesterday, and they were very lucky to be playing Utah who had a back up QB, instead of USC.

Stanford did not look like themselves. Lots and lots of stupid penalties, and misuse of Timeouts all day.

USC played great, and looked like the better team. They were fired up and ready to play. You are right TF12, it is going to be very interesting to see this team with 10-20 more scholarships.

Could this rising of USC from the depths chase Jim Mora to the North to UW where we all know he really wants to be?

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you a thumbs up for that suggestion.

Help me out here Husky, I'm bleeding all over. What do you know about self inflicted wounds? I mean, you hired Willingham and then Sark right?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would mean only needing 2 conference wins to get to a bowl game. Wow. :doh:

We have been saying that to team SEC for years. They always want to use how many of their conf go bowling each year as proof of how much better than every other conf they are and it is total BS because they all don't need much to reach a bowl game. Them having 9 or 10 just isn't impressive because of it. It isn't.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CONGRATS to tf12! :suds:

He wins the week with the tie breaker and takes the overall lead! :10:

TrojanFan12, 4-2
OlyDuck, 4-2
Wallace 4-2
WhiteMamba, 3-3
RegentDenali, 3-3
WizardHawk, 2-4
VitaMike, 2-4
NativeWebfoot, 2-4
4down20, 2-4
Yeodonie, 2-4
963BUSC, 2-4
NotNeutral, 1-5
DayMan, 1-5

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to RegentDenali for moving up in the ranking the most this week! :suds:

**TrojanFan12 48-28-2
***WhiteMamba 47-29-2
*WizardHawk 43-33-2
VitaMike 43-33-2
OlyDuck 43-33-2
RegentDenali 41-35-2
*Native Webfoot 40-36-2
4down20 40-36-2
**NotNeutral 39-37-2
*Wallace 39-37-2
*Yeodonie 37-39-2
*DayMan 36-40-2
963BUSC 36-40-2

(No recent entries)
ArizonaSting 20-30-2
IronBreaker 10-20-1
UtahUte 7-6-1
GeneH 3-5-1

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been saying that to team SEC for years. They always want to use how many of their conf go bowling each year as proof of how much better than every other conf they are and it is total BS because they all don't need much to reach a bowl game. Them having 9 or 10 just isn't impressive because of it. It isn't.

It's been one of my arguments against SEC superiority for years. I used to argue that point at cbs all the time. Naturally it fell on deaf ears. I don't get involved in those discussions any more as I agreed 100% with Devil_David at cbs. There just isn't enough data to support an argument of conference superiority.

In 4ds defense here, he was just pointing out the fact that the SEC did do it already so it's not a record.

I havent bothered checking but if my fading memory serves me correctly kentucky and one other team that year never even beat a team with a winning record.

Speaking of devil david, is he here under a new name? I really liked his posts. Haven't seen anyone posting similar to his style though.

...oh and I think CalBears joined finally! Thought he chimed in a few pages back. Good to see him here. :suds:

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figure I should straighten this out before I post the results....

I can only calculate one way or the other.

Using your picks as stated.....
2-4
W- UCLA
over UDud 26-24
L- Oregon over Utah 32-26
L- Arizona over WSU 49-42
L- ASU over OSewe 52-30

Using your scores as stated.....
2-4
L- UCLA over UDud 26-24
W- Oregon over Utah 32-26
L- Arizona overWSU 49-42
L- ASU over OSewe 52-30

(IMO I think using your scores is the only way this should be calculated)

Sorry, unless I'm missing something, you're 2-4 either way.

Works for me. I put the scores out there for that. I must have miscalculated to get my 3-3. Sorry for the extra work.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw in both Oregon and Stanford's games yesterday was a lack of focus and less effort. Not taking away from USC who played just about as perfect as you can against Stanford, but it looked like both Oregon and Stanford were suffering hangovers. It took a kickoff return by DAT and finally wake up Oregon, but clearly they were having problems yesterday, and they were very lucky to be playing Utah who had a back up QB, instead of USC.

Stanford did not look like themselves. Lots and lots of stupid penalties, and misuse of Timeouts all day.

USC played great, and looked like the better team. They were fired up and ready to play. You are right TF12, it is going to be very interesting to see this team with 10-20 more scholarships.

Could this rising of USC from the depths chase Jim Mora to the North to UW where we all know he really wants to be?

:agree: Stanford looked uncharacteristically confused, especially in the first quarter. I think it may have been a combination of "Oregon hangover" and Stanford not expecting the energy that both the team and crowd had last night. As the game wore on, Stanford did what they do, righted their ship and tied it up. Then it just came down to who made the plays at the end and we were fortunate enough to be able to do that.

That's an interesting scenario re: Mora. It's a tough call on whether or not USC being back would chase him North. One thing with UCLA is that if he can win 8-9 games per season, beat USC once every few years and win some bowl games, he can coach there for a long time.

He doesn't seem like the kind of coach who would be satisfied with that, so that may be a reason for him to go North or back to the NFL.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remaining PAC teams with a clear path to the CCG.

North
Oregon

South
ASU
UCLA

Teams still in the hunt.

North
Stanford

South
USC

Some of the possible match-ups are interesting with all but two possibilities that are not re-matches.....

This thing is long from over but we should have a much clearer picture next week...

What game(s) would you like to see the most?

Which do you think will be the best game and/or best match-up for the conference?

Which team is most likely to be a spoiler for these remaining PAC12 Champ hopefuls?

Of course if your team is still in the running you're gonna want your team in it :hope: however discussing these scenarios could be fun! :suds:

I'll hold back my comments and let you guys chime in, if you like...

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mora isn't heading to UW this off season. There is ZERO chance the school will get rid of Sark this year, even if UW lost all of the rest of their games.

Fans look at results first when evaluating a team, but AD's have to look at the whole picture. Every single recruiting class under Sark has been better than the last. The first one was sort of a lost class because of how late he was hired so this 5th year senior class was basically not there (2 total 5th yr sr?). UW is only losing 3-4 kids starters as seniors and maybe 2 others are early draft picks. Sark WILL have the chance to run that team next year and prove what he has with a senior team.

Everyone can argue all they want, but this is just plain fact.

Would Mora come here if given the chance? Yes. 100% sure he would drop ANY team to come here. Just not going to happen this year.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifo Ekpre Olomu is the next Deion Sanders... and I aint kidding... or baked.

Status
Not open for further replies.