• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:The only reason why you say that is you never want anything good to happen for Oregon. It has nothing to do with anything else. The ranking system is the only logical tiebreaker, why reward a team for being weaker?

Trust me, I understand your hate for the Ducks, it is returned 10fold.

Typical mindset of a self absorbed duckling.

I am the one that said USC would beat Stanford and duckberg would be going to the Rose Bowl. Where were you then? Oh thats right most ducks were out lamenting over their lost chance at the title game.

Man I miss your absence...

I also said 0regon wouldnt have any trouble with ASU when this topic came up, regardless of where it was played.

The reason I say what I said is that I have no love for ANY system that takes into account rankings. Never have, never will.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the way I would like to see tiebreakers handled in the conference.

Now,

:stfu:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaelen Strong though looked like a good fucking receiver. Big, fast, physical and can go up and get anything he will be a first rounder in the 2015 draft and don't sleep on it.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total Defense (yards allowed) and you're right Scoring D is the one that matters and Oregon leads that.. I'm never listening to the announcers blindly again. They made it sound like ASU was #1 in Scoring D .

:suds:

Not hating on ASU defense, I love them, they are fun to watch. Im really just pointing out the misconceptions about Oregon's defense. Announcers are tough to trust, most of the time they are reading fresh sheets given to them during the game. It has been a while since real announcers took the week leading up to the game to actually research teams, conferences and opponents like they used to.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I would love to see Oregon beat the shit out of USC. The up tempo of Oregon would wear out the SC defense. Only 45 guys dressing. THey would be wore out vs Oregon. The Stanford grind the clock game is a great defensive match up for SC. Oregon... not so much.

THe Ducks put up 60 on them @ SC last year. And Barner ran for 325 because of SC's depth issues.

You mean like how Stanford's physical offense was supposed to "wear down" our defense?

If our offense controls the tempo with the run and short passes like Stanford did, keeping the Ducks offense off of the field and the defense gets some 3 and outs, they wouldn't be worn out.

And here's something you Duck fans don't seem to understand.......this isn't last year.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its too bad. I would have loved to see some fresh blood in the BCS.

ASU still controls its destiny for the RB though. All you can ask in mid November.

I think any ASU fan hears that at the beginning of the year and they are pleased.

We'll get em next year :suds:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am the one that said USC would beat Stanford and duckberg would be going to the Rose Bowl. Where were you then? Oh thats right most ducks were out lamenting over their lost chance at the title game.

I also said 0regon wouldnt have any trouble with ASU when this topic came up, regardless of where it was played.

The reason I say what I said is that I have no love for ANY system that takes into account rankings. Never have, never will.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the way I would like to see tiebreakers handled in the conference.

Now,

But ultimately if both won out, Oregon and ASU both have one conference loss.

However ASU lost to an unranked team in non conference. Thus, giving Oregon a justifiable higher ranking.

If both had one conference loss your argument would be a legit one imo. It would be pre season ranking that ultimately gave Oregon the higher end of season ranking and home field.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea espn announcers............ ESPN does there weight tests before conditioning. They said that Will Sutton was 267 last year but he gained and got to 288 going into the 2012 season. Once again for the 2013 season ESPN tested weight before conditioning, so if you go on the site it will say hes 288. Even though he gained weight to be 305. So on a national tv game vs Wazzu the announcers said Sutton gained 40 pounds over the off season which is unfair and the scouts watching may think hes lazy and fat. :L

Just because ESPN had him at 267 instead of his real weight 288 for 2012 then they heard that he is 305 so they said he gained 40 pounds............ Just pathetic ESPN.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like how Stanford's physical offense was supposed to "wear down" our defense?

If our offense controls the tempo with the run and short passes like Stanford did, keeping the Ducks offense off of the field and the defense gets some 3 and outs, they wouldn't be worn out.

And here's something you Duck fans don't seem to understand.......this isn't last year.

Just not seeing it. If USC was at full strength with a normal number of players dressed I buy this whole heartedly.

I truly believed SC could get the win vs Stanford. Playing 50 plays on defense is different than 90.

Whether they are pounding your front 7 all night or not.

But we will never know so it is a mute point to argue who would win a hypothetical game.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now,

Sorry I don't read all your posts, not enough time. I was making counter posts to your two points. One being USC would beat Oregon. I disagree. Two being your idea of giving the home CCG site to the weaker team. Again, stupid idea IMO. I could care less about who you predicted to beat who. I was simply countering your 2 comments. Get over it, or don't. It is amusing to me to see you chime in on anything related to Oregon with your anti-Oregon crap. Who is self absorbed?

Keep slinging your hate my way. See you in Eugene next year for number 11, stop by for a doggie treat. We can discuss Miley Cyrus, or Siley Myrus or whoever the next UW qb is to never beat Oregon.

:suds:

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not seeing it. If USC was at full strength with a normal number of players dressed I buy this whole heartedly.

I truly believed SC could get the win vs Stanford. Playing 50 plays on defense is different than 90.

But we will never know so it is a mute point to argue who would win a hypothetical game.

We ran 70 on them and they just couldn't keep up. They were getting injuries left and right.. It's just a matter of time before SC is SC again though. Which is actually good for the PAC. Excited to see what they do about the Coaching Situation.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ran 70 on them and they just couldn't keep up. They were getting injuries left and right.. It's just a matter of time before SC is SC again though. Which is actually good for the PAC. Excited to see what they do about the Coaching Situation.

No doubt, they will be back sooner than any of us outside of SoCal care to admit. You are right, better for the PAC.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure, USC is good now and they are only going to get better. They could be scary good next year and even better the year after. I really feel that way regardless of coaching. And it just seems strange to have gone 3 years (after this one) without USC in the PAC CCG.

Would love to see an Oregon-USC PAC CCG, regardless of venue.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good thing that thumbs downing my posts doesn't do anything in real life, because Ironbreaker is going for a record.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Unfortunately, the only way we would get to find out would be if ASU loses their last 2 games and we win our last 2. Not out of the question, but unlikely because I see ASU splitting their last 2 at worst.

My point is that if our offense is controlling the game via the run and short passing game and our defense gets some 3 and outs, we're not looking at facing 90 plays from Oregon's offense, it would be closer to 70 which means a more rested USC defense.

I think that USC would have to slow the game with our offense, build a lead and then hang on for dear life because, as we saw vs. Stanford, that offense WILL get going eventually, it's just a matter of how much time they have left when they do.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12!! You made me realize the SC fav team logo was a mistake...:lol:

I-immediately-regret-this-decision-anchorman.gif

You are still SC.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC has done 10 of 12, I think it was 2009 or 2010.

With only 8 IC games it is no wonder. A conf with one less cupcake per team per year even getting close to that is way more impressive. :suds:

Status
Not open for further replies.