• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Man im just digging myself a hole. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im busy with homework tonight. Thats why im so busy.................

Who the hell are you kidding?

You got your school books open, but underneath is a Hustler mag (just in case mommy walks in) and your rubbing multiple out as you wonder why that chick in 3rd period math continues to laugh at you every time you try to talk to her......

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that question it would seem I nailed your dog pretty well.

I was telling people to come up with what kind of dog each of the posters on here remind you of.

I mean I know it didn't have anything to do with football, but it least it wasn't 5 pages of basketball stuff again... :L
He's lying!!

It was a trick & entirely about Dawg FB!!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is welcome here as long as they aren't straight up trolling. If you can put up with the abuse you can stay as long as you like. We can't guarantee that Wallace won't go on some drunken rant about "something" in quotes or that at least one of the *SU crew won't ramble on about absolutely nothing but we do keep the restrooms fairly clean around here. :noidea:

I am a "rogue" and that's for sure, a free thinker that likes beer, wine and cocktails. You say "NO" to those and you say NO to life!

BTW Whiz...Thanks for that "special place" for me, I try my best to keep the restrooms clean around here...we all do our best everyday don't we? Jahii! Quit pissin on the floor all the time!

NO GLuckie to your team tonite Whizzer!:laugh3:

GO BABY BLUE!:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC just announced that RB Silas Redd is out for the Stanford game due to knee injury.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess what day it is peeps?!!!

It's

BVO0QynCIAEuH5-.jpg

GO DAWGS!!!!

AND BEAT UCLA!!!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leach got 4 4 star recruits for football for his 2013 class. Not bad for a first year coach in rebuilding mode.

Speaking of 4star recuits and Pac basketball, which I NEVER talk about here...

Learned last night the Beavers player of Ralph Miller lore...Mr. Gary Peyton's son "GP2" is commiting to playing hoops at his Dad's Alma Mata.. I can see ol' Ralph M firin up a cigarette on the sidelines of Heaven right now.
:suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago on CBS I'd spend countless hours evaluating college QBs and watching their film.

Based off what I've seen from Price I can tell you that he likely wouldn't succeed at the NFL level. He is like the equivalent of unbelievably average at the college level IMO. His stats say otherwise but he is at best an average college QB. Some people may be surprised to hear this but I'd take Price over Jake Locker.

Locker obviously had higher upside due to his size and arm strength but I couldn't stand watching him try to run a pro offense. Jake Locker couldn't hit the water if he was falling out of a boat, he had huge accuracy problems in college. For some reason NFL scouts thought they could fix it, I would have never personally touched him in the first or second rounds. I was blasted pretty hard among Seattle fans for saying that back then, but I never had high hopes for Locker's NFL career.

I'd say that Price's best comparison at the NFL level a less accurate Colt McCoy. I think Colt could be a solid game manager if put him on a good roster but not a play maker, similar to Price. IMO Price projects at average NFL arm strength, slightly below average NFL accuracy, very below average size, but fantastic footwork and throwing motion. His accuracy gets really poor under pressure though, as demonstrated by his huge statistical drop off last year when the entire line went down with injuries.

I would be shocked to see him go in the 2nd round. I'd say he projects around the 4th-6th rounds.
I believe you and I had a few words over Locker back in the cBS days. I did think he could be a mid level starting QB in the NFL with some work on his pocket passing and so far he is working into that. When he hasn't been injured he has been growing and leading his team to wins. I too wasn't happy to see Sark turn that offense right into the pro style when he didn't have a pro style QB. He should have left more of the option in and played to Locker's strengths at the time, but giving him that awkward year of learning probably did help his stock somewhat as scouts at least had a chance to see his progression from spring to bowl that year and could project that out to his potential. It wasn't the best year of UW football for sure. The question is what would his senior year at UW have looked like had he been under Sark his whole career at UW? Hard to say he couldn't play the pro style coming out of college when he had only been exposed to it for one season.

I would actually agree with you on Price > Locker running Sark's offense, or at least the offense Sark was running then. Locker in this new HUNH would add the read zone over what Price can offer and had Locker been in the system for 5 years like Price it is my opinion that Locker would have been miles ahead of Price.

I can say this and I'm sure you can't deny it, but Locker never laid a egg on the road the way Price has over and over. Jake could life a bad team up and put it on his shoulders and never ever gave up on a game. They had a worse line under Locker than the had for Price last year and you never saw Locker as lost and prone to mental lapses at Price was last year. That mental toughness matters at the next level.

As for Price as a pro I would imagine he will either go undrafted or at best be a 7th round pickup . He doesn't have a particularly strong arm and he has been on bad knees much of his college career. I don't see him have the durability to survive at the next level. At best he is a guy who could be groomed to be a decent backup. You can afford to have a good game manager in that role, but you can't really have one as the face of your franchise IMO. I don't see Price sticking in the league.

Locker will get at least another full season as a starter given his progression under that revamped Titans offense. Hard to say how his stock will rise/fall next year, but he can't keep getting these massive injuries or he will be dropped to backup fast.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price will get murdered if we don't step up the pass blocking. UCLAs linebackers arent just Barr, their whole group is excellent. I see a lot of lb blitzes coming all day. Not sure we can stop it before Price gets clobbered. UW seems very good against teams that don't have some form of noteworthy D. When we face those that do we seem to be trying to send them all to the hall of fame after the game.

Hopefully we can get Sankey going early and often.

GO UW!!! :suds:
I think you guys will get Sankey going, I'll guess about 125-150y and that will provide enough balance for Price to have a nice day too.

Balance is key for both of these offenses and the Huskies run defense is soft enough for for the Bruins to get an RB rotation of Perkins, Jones and Manfro to get theirs. I don't see us using Jack very much on the offensive side of the ball (Around 5 carries or so).

The match-up to win or lose this game IMO will come with your TE Sererian-Jenkins. There may only be one dude on the Bruins to cover this guy and that is Barr but we will need Barr to keep the pressure on Price, so we're kind of in a pickle. Look for the Senior Zumwalt to be tasked early on. If he can cover your TE the Bruins win, if not it could be a long day for my Bruins in Pasadena...

One thing I do know, we will be ready to play! We understand these Huskers are no push over and a loss here could virtually put us out of the running for the South.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU might be better than UofA this season but not by much. I guarantee the Territorial Cup will be a close game. Rich Rod knows how to recruit and I don't see a losing season for us anytime soon.

I agree that the Territorial Cup will probably be a close game and I would be lying if I told you I wasn't nervous for it, but if it wasn't a rivalry and there wasn't any history or emotion between the two teams ASU would be a clear favorite by at least 2 possessions. Next year I think Rich Rod will have a very good team but this is more of a rebuilding year.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The match-up to win or lose this game IMO will come with your TE Sererian-Jenkins. There may only be one dude on the Bruins to cover this guy and that is Barr but we will need Barr to keep the pressure on Price, so we're kind of in a pickle. Look for the Senior Zumwalt to be tasked early on. If he can cover your TE the Bruins win, if not it could be a long day for my Bruins in Pasadena...

I'd just like to see us throw to ASJ more. I've pretty much given up that thought though. Everytime he catches the ball he makes the people around him look silly. Don't know if he could make Barr look silly but it will be a fun matchup!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys will get Sankey going, I'll guess about 125-150y and that will provide enough balance for Price to have a nice day too.

Balance is key for both of these offenses and the Huskies run defense is soft enough for for the Bruins to get an RB rotation of Perkins, Jones and Manfro to get theirs. I don't see us using Jack very much on the offensive side of the ball (Around 5 carries or so).

The match-up to win or lose this game IMO will come with your TE Sererian-Jenkins. There may only be one dude on the Bruins to cover this guy and that is Barr but we will need Barr to keep the pressure on Price, so we're kind of in a pickle..

Oh so a little Sankey left, Sankey right, then a nice play action fake and Jenkins is rambling 25-35 downfield in the seam route... Love it!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea AZDbacks was saying that Kadeem was better than anyone on ASU im not sure how that helps Uofa football? Another year no rosebowl and eliminated early as usual. :noidea:

Then there little basketball board talked shit about how ASU basketball has no fans yet none of them care about football? :noidea: I dont understand there fan base.

Kadeem Carey IS better than anyone on ASU's team. The problem the Wildcats have is that ASU is better at every other position.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if any of you saw this but it blew me away. CAL is admitting up to 20 athletes per year with around 2.0 GPA's and a combined 740 Math/verbal. How can they expect them to compete academically at a school like Berkeley with those stats?

Cal's shockingly low athletic admission standards - SFGate

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey tf12, y'all lost one of your faithful and a good one at that last week, as that little old lady peddling here season tics to ya had her candle burn out once and for all.

RIP Bea Bea!

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok all, I cannot get youtube links to work in here is there a special trick. I Suck at teh intewebz.

Status
Not open for further replies.