• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey tf12, y'all lost one of your faithful and a good one at that last week, as that little old lady peddling here season tics to ya had her candle burn out once and for all.

RIP Bea Bea!

Sorry to hear that. Obviously, I never met her, but if you liked her, she must have been a good one!!

RIP and Fight On from above!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok all, I cannot get youtube links to work in here is there a special trick. I Suck at teh intewebz.

Wow!! A Stanford grad needing help from us "lesser lights"!!:lol:

Hey Buddha, did you see where OD picked USC to win? Congrats to the Trees!!:yahoo:

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kadeem Carey IS better than anyone on ASU's team. The problem the Wildcats have is that ASU is better at every other position.

I heard they're pretty solid at long snapper :noidea:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!! A Stanford grad needing help from us "lesser lights"!!:lol:

Hey Buddha, did you see where OD picked USC to win? Congrats to the Trees!!:yahoo:
LOL TF12 I am working on your Avi later today. I can post the you tube stuff, but when I use the youtube tags it tells me there is a problem with the player. Hence the hyperlink.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya had "BAM-n-SLAM" but now all there is..."pop-n-fizzle"...:whistle:

Looks like the T-Men are gonna have ta throw the rwak around the yard a bit more TF!:yahoo::suds:

Buck Allen vs. Oregon St. 16 carries 137 yards 3 td's. 4 catches 41 yards.

Buck Allen vs. Cal 6 carries 133 yards 2 td's. 1 catch 57 yds. 1 td.

And if we have to take our chances throwing the ball to Marqise Lee and Nelson Agholor, so be it. I think we can live with that!!:lol:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck Allen vs. Oregon St. 16 carries 137 yards 3 td's. 4 catches 41 yards.

Buck Allen vs. Cal 6 carries 133 yards 2 td's. 1 catch 57 yds. 1 td.

And if we have to take our chances throwing the ball to Marqise Lee and Nelson Agholor, so be it. I think we can live with that!!:lol:

You know the Beavers D sucks anyway AND Cal REALLY blows. Damn statman showoff...:doh:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon will make the Fiesta and Stanford the Rose.. That's possible right?

Its possible and maybe even likely if the both win out. I'm looking forward to Oregon playing Baylor in the Fiesta.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys will get Sankey going, I'll guess about 125-150y and that will provide enough balance for Price to have a nice day too.

Balance is key for both of these offenses and the Huskies run defense is soft enough for for the Bruins to get an RB rotation of Perkins, Jones and Manfro to get theirs. I don't see us using Jack very much on the offensive side of the ball (Around 5 carries or so).

The match-up to win or lose this game IMO will come with your TE Sererian-Jenkins. There may only be one dude on the Bruins to cover this guy and that is Barr but we will need Barr to keep the pressure on Price, so we're kind of in a pickle. Look for the Senior Zumwalt to be tasked early on. If he can cover your TE the Bruins win, if not it could be a long day for my Bruins in Pasadena...

One thing I do know, we will be ready to play! We understand these Huskers are no push over and a loss here could virtually put us out of the running for the South.

UW is 78th in the nation against the run, but UCLA is 81st. They both give up over 4y/carry and have given up 14 and 13 rushing TD's respectively. If you are going to state that UW's "soft" run defense is going to help you then look at who has the best overall running game and which team will get the most out of that facet of the game. :whistle:

And before you say anything about Hundley > Price in the passing game consider that both defenses are 25th (UW) and 28th (UCLA) against the pass nationally. In other words both defenses are statistically nearly identical.

So what are the factors that will matter?
Pucker factor - UCLA has more on the line. Not only will they probably lose the south with a loss, but this is Mora's first game against his alma mater and his kids may be a little tight trying harder to get him that win. UW really doesn't want to lose, but has far less on the line.

Road play - UW has been well below average on the road over the last several years, but does have a few upsets or games they have played well in such as stanford this year. Still, they have to buck their trends to come away with a win here.

Price - is prone to falling apart on the road when a defense can rush him well and keep him off balance. He didn't fall apart against Stanford or Oregon this year, but was just terrible against ASU.

Hundley - hasn't been consistent and really hasn't grown as much as people had though he would this year. He has had accuracy issues and focus problems in some games while performing well above average in others.

UCLA likes to go down field while UW likes to spread the field with screens and short out routes while featuring the run. If Hundley isn't in this game they have no chance. Likewise if Price cannot manage the game under pressure UW has no chance.

So pick your poison in this game: Hundley and his accuracy in the down field passing game plus how tight the kids might be with what is on the line vs Price managing the screen passes and crossing routes and making good decisions when the pocket collapses.

FWIW this has been dubbed the Neuheisel bowl up here and Rick was on the radio this morning picking UW to win this game. :suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL TF12 I am working on your Avi later today. I can post the you tube stuff, but when I use the youtube tags it tells me there is a problem with the player. Hence the hyperlink.

My youtube stuff embeds directly on this site. But on another one I have to tpye:

[ youtube ][ /youtube ] eliminate the spaces and copy and paste the youtube link in the middle.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It used to be they had a special button for youtube links and had to use it, but they changed the code and now all you have to do is copy the entire URL (along with the http) and paste it into the 'insert link' dialog box. and it will auto embed it. In order for yours to show up properly you had to delete everything from the & on (&feature=youtu.be). That was some kind of feature that displays it differently. Just removing that produces this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Fs2FcAseE]C-House Episode 7: Revenge of the Nerds - YouTube[/ame]

So in general just delete anything that might be on your link after the youtube ID part of the URL. That id is normally a string of letters/numbers such as Y-Fs2FcAseE for your video.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just like to see us throw to ASJ more. I've pretty much given up that thought though. Everytime he catches the ball he makes the people around him look silly. Don't know if he could make Barr look silly but it will be a fun matchup!

I don't know why you would give up on that when they threw to him quite well last week. Now that KW is out for the season ASJ is the go to guy in crunch time and he did quite well with it last week. In fact at least two of the passes he caught he was in a WR stance and ran a WR route. They are starting to move him around to give him looks and I expect to see more of that over these last 3 games. Watch where he lines up each down. They are going to use him not only to take the balls KW did, but possibly more in the screen blocking as well. They have a lot of faith in their other two TE's when it comes to blocking.

Keep the faith man, in ASJ we trust!

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you to both of you for the help.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys should be a fun one tonight and will help the Pac 12 fans who arent fans of the teams playing tonight tie us over until tomorrow. Great to have a Friday night game! :suds:

GO DAWGS!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is 78th in the nation against the run, but UCLA is 81st. They both give up over 4y/carry and have given up 14 and 13 rushing TD's respectively. If you are going to state that UW's "soft" run defense is going to help you then look at who has the best overall running game and which team will get the most out of that facet of the game. :whistle:

And before you say anything about Hundley > Price in the passing game consider that both defenses are 25th (UW) and 28th (UCLA) against the pass nationally. In other words both defenses are statistically nearly identical.

So what are the factors that will matter?
Pucker factor - UCLA has more on the line. Not only will they probably lose the south with a loss, but this is Mora's first game against his alma mater and his kids may be a little tight trying harder to get him that win. UW really doesn't want to lose, but has far less on the line.

Road play - UW has been well below average on the road over the last several years, but does have a few upsets or games they have played well in such as stanford this year. Still, they have to buck their trends to come away with a win here.

Price - is prone to falling apart on the road when a defense can rush him well and keep him off balance. He didn't fall apart against Stanford or Oregon this year, but was just terrible against ASU.

Hundley - hasn't been consistent and really hasn't grown as much as people had though he would this year. He has had accuracy issues and focus problems in some games while performing well above average in others.

UCLA likes to go down field while UW likes to spread the field with screens and short out routes while featuring the run. If Hundley isn't in this game they have no chance. Likewise if Price cannot manage the game under pressure UW has no chance.

So pick your poison in this game: Hundley and his accuracy in the down field passing game plus how tight the kids might be with what is on the line vs Price managing the screen passes and crossing routes and making good decisions when the pocket collapses.

FWIW this has been dubbed the Neuheisel bowl up here and Rick was on the radio this morning picking UW to win this game. :suds:
Didn't mean to rustle your jimmies there Wiz! I did concede 125 to 150y rushing to just one dude, didn't I?

Oh and I wouldn't say Hundley > Price either.

I think Brett may look that way by games end, even in a loss, because he will be at home. I do think both Price and Hundley need a balanced attack to perform well in any game. In games where Hundley is not required to add to the running attack, he has thrown the ball accurately and on time. My comment about your run defensive was merely to state that Hundley will most likely be able to sit in the pocket with some good game calling due with some success in the run even though Jordon James is sitting out this one.

As for your other factors, IMO the 'pucker factor' wont be that big of a deal regarding Mora's facing his alma mater. I'll give you it makes for a good story but that about it. This year we have already proved ourselves in this area going into Lincoln after the loss of Nick Pasquale. Oh and you left out the big one and that's the home field advantage.

Yes you do talk about the Dubbs road play but not a word about the Bruins home field advantage. Just so ya know, at home in the last 7 tries vs your Huskies, we are 7-0 allowing an average of just 13.9 ppg in the Rose Bowl. This year we are 4-0 vs all opponents yielding an average of just 16.5 ppg. We are good at home however I will admit, to date, your Huskies are the best team to come to Pasadena this year.

One thing is true, these teams are pretty darn even going in and I'm glad we are at home. I've been doubtful about this one most the year to be honest. I do think this match-up of ASJ and our LB's will be the deciding factor. Should ASJ get off to a good start early, Barr will be asked to cover and that will give Price time to pick us apart. However should Barr and company get to Price early, ASJ may need to line it up tight to help with the protection.

It's gonna be a fun one!!

:suds:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you would give up on that when they threw to him quite well last week. Now that KW is out for the season ASJ is the go to guy in crunch time and he did quite well with it last week. In fact at least two of the passes he caught he was in a WR stance and ran a WR route. They are starting to move him around to give him looks and I expect to see more of that over these last 3 games. Watch where he lines up each down. They are going to use him not only to take the balls KW did, but possibly more in the screen blocking as well. They have a lot of faith in their other two TE's when it comes to blocking.

Keep the faith man, in ASJ we trust!

He had a good game last week compared to the rest of his season. But still only had 3 receptions, and it was Colorado. 3 is above his season average of 2.9...

He's way underused for as good as he is, thats why I say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.