• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, he's picking on Alabama now. Flipped a 5 star OL and a 5 star QB!!:lol:

Yeah, that's because he took just about everything UW had when he left LOL. He is a good recruiter though, it is really easy to buy into his bullshit. He sold it to this entire state.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is always pretty amusing posting a thread on the political board and wake up the next morning to see it in the top 10 threads in the last 24 hours. I'm sure the one I posted about the Disney Channel featuring their first gay couple will get some good responses.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF your a week behind he swiped the 5 star QB last week from Bama....
And he's an SC commit for the 2015 class, right?

Still plenty of time for him to get flipped again. :lol:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep 2015, Saban will not lose to a west coast team!

Sabans poised for another massively oversigned class this year and will have to cull at least 8 who haven't graduated to get to 85. Roll Tide!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabans poised for another massively oversigned class this year and will have to cull at least 8 who haven't graduated to get to 85. Roll Tide!

Upset because your school can't do it?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterback Max Wittek will transfer from USC - latimes.com

USC quarterback Max Wittek will forgo participating in spring practice, graduate at the end of the semester and transfer to another school to play his final two seasons of eligibility, he said Wednesday.
Wittek, a fourth-year junior, will be able to play at another school immediately under NCAA rules that allow players who have graduated to transfer without penalty.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the issue is that some people are upset that some schools are allowed to do sleezebag tactics while other choose not to.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jealous of Bamas systematic yearly over signing and roster culls? Hardly. Not something any CFB fan should be proud of. Exploiting this loophole to its most extreme might gain you a competitive advantage, but that doesn't make it right. It's a vile practice at the college level. Planning for natural attrition is one thing. Purposely installing a yearly cull system is entirely another.

Bama fans should be doing :L instead of this :clap: when it comes to that subject because it's not some once and awhile incident at Bama. It happens every year and nothing to wink nudge over.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the issue is that some people are upset that some schools are allowed to do sleezebag tactics while other choose not to.

The other schools aren't choosing not too, the other schools can't. There is a difference. If you can't keep getting top recruits, then you aren't gaining anything when your more experienced and higher classman players are leaving for newer same talent level freshman. It would be dumb for those schools to do such a thing.

And in the cases where that does happen, it's happening at every school across the country. The more successful the school, the more talent they bring in, the more it happens.

There is nothing sleezebag about it, unless the coaches are lying to the kids promising them 4 years or a degree no matter what. I can't speak for other coaches, but I know for a fact that Saban tells each and every recruit straight up that scholarships are for 1 year, that they have to earn their place on the team and there is a competition for there spot every year. In fact, it's actually a selling point for higher ranked recruits because while some people like to sit back and pretend there is some great injustice going on(there isn't), the recruits themselves realize it's an opportunity.

And really, when a kid doesn't want to leave - they don't. It happens all the time at Alabama. Players never start or really play in any games, but they stay and get their degree. The ones who leave are the ones who want to play, so they choose other places to transfer to for what is in their best interest.

But sure, keep on crying about it like there is some great tragedy being committed by teams if it makes you feel that much better. Personally I think it's a crock of shit and a sign that someone is either out of touch with what is really going on, or they are just bitter about the success of others.

Either way, Alabama will be down to 85 when it needs to be, and that will be that. So will every other team in the nation, and there will be transfers from not only Alabama, but just about every team in the country. Is Coker being pushed out of FSU, or is he just taking a better opportunity by coming to Alabama? I guess in your opinion, he should be forced to stay as a backup QB at FSU for the remainder of his 2 years of eligibility, just to make sure it doesn't look like FSU is doing anything, and to keep FSU from benefiting from the spot he frees up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous of Bamas systematic yearly over signing and roster culls? Hardly. Not something any CFB fan should be proud of. Exploiting this loophole to its most extreme might gain you a competitive advantage, but that doesn't make it right. It's a vile practice at the college level. Planning for natural attrition is one thing. Purposely installing a yearly cull system is entirely another.

Bama fans should be doing :L instead of this :clap: when it comes to that subject because it's not some once and awhile incident at Bama. It happens every year and nothing to wink nudge over.

Where is the list of players who have been screwed over?

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other schools aren't choosing not too, the other schools can't. There is a difference. If you can't keep getting top recruits, then you aren't gaining anything when your more experienced and higher classman players are leaving for newer same talent level freshman. It would be dumb for those schools to do such a thing.

And in the cases where that does happen, it's happening at every school across the country. The more successful the school, the more talent they bring in, the more it happens.

There is nothing sleezebag about it, unless the coaches are lying to the kids promising them 4 years or a degree no matter what. I can't speak for other coaches, but I know for a fact that Saban tells each and every recruit straight up that scholarships are for 1 year, that they have to earn their place on the team and there is a competition for there spot every year. In fact, it's actually a selling point for higher ranked recruits because while some people like to sit back and pretend there is some great injustice going on(there isn't), the recruits themselves realize it's an opportunity.

And really, when a kid doesn't want to leave - they don't. It happens all the time at Alabama. Players never start or really play in any games, but they stay and get their degree. The ones who leave are the ones who want to play, so they choose other places to transfer to for what is in their best interest.

But sure, keep on crying about it like there is some great tragedy being committed by teams if it makes you feel that much better. Personally I think it's a crock of shit and a sign that someone is either out of touch with what is really going on, or they are just bitter about the success of others.

Either way, Alabama will be down to 85 when it needs to be, and that will be that. So will every other team in the nation, and there will be transfers from not only Alabama, but just about every team in the country. Is Coker being pushed out of FSU, or is he just taking a better opportunity by coming to Alabama? I guess in your opinion, he should be forced to stay as a backup QB at FSU for the remainder of his 2 years of eligibility, just to make sure it doesn't look like FSU is doing anything, and to keep FSU from benefiting from the spot he frees up.

Of course they choose. They've agreed to not use those practices because only slimy schools do it and they choose not to be among the scum buckets that do.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterback Max Wittek will transfer from USC - latimes.com

USC quarterback Max Wittek will forgo participating in spring practice, graduate at the end of the semester and transfer to another school to play his final two seasons of eligibility, he said Wednesday.
Wittek, a fourth-year junior, will be able to play at another school immediately under NCAA rules that allow players who have graduated to transfer without penalty.

"a feeling" he got made his mind up to transfer.... :whistle: Is that the feeling when a new coach comes in and say's your not my starter????

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
among the scum buckets that do.

Hey man your on the Pac 12 board, we don't use words like "scum bucket". If your gonna post here let me give you some words we like used on the board around here:

Ass hat
Douche bag
troll
cheaters
fuck you or better yet no fuck you!
Shit bag
ass munch
suck my dick
blow me
eat me
double dip dipshit

There are some examples us west coasters like to use, feel free to add your own comments, oh just watch out for board know it all Wiz, don't worry he's harmless just kinda stay clear of him after sunday when his Seachickens get Manning 'ed on the this biggest stage ever...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"a feeling" he got made his mind up to transfer.... :whistle: Is that the feeling when a new coach comes in and say's your not my starter????

It greatly helped his situation that he's technically graduated so he can potentially start for any team in the NCAA right away and has two years of eligibility left. Considering the logjam they got there between Browne and Kessler, it was clear he wasn't going to get a serious shot again at the starting job. Plus now you got Jalen Greene coming in as a fresh and Sark already telegraphing that he's going to take 1 or possibly 2 QBs in the 2015. A class that will be as big as they can get.

I think it just comes down to that he wants a better chance to play some football on Saturdays while he still can, rather than hold a clipboard for the next two years at USC.

Can't fault him for that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they choose. They've agreed to not use those practices because only slimy schools do it and they choose not to be among the scum buckets that do.

Then you don't understand how recruiting works if you think other schools simply choose not to do it. Because it's a choice the students make when they get passed up on the depth chart. The other schools simply do not have higher talent coming in year after year and have true freshmen starting because the guys with more experience are their better players.

You just want to assume that because other schools aren't able to do it as much they are somehow more moral about things. Which means you are just butthurt about the success of others.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It greatly helped his situation that he's technically graduated so he can potentially start for any team in the NCAA right away and has two years of eligibility left. Considering the logjam they got there between Browne and Kessler, it was clear he wasn't going to get a serious shot again at the starting job. Plus now you got Jalen Greene coming in as a fresh and Sark already telegraphing that he's going to take 1 or possibly 2 QBs in the 2015. A class that will be as big as they can get.

I think it just comes down to that he wants a better chance to play some football on Saturdays while he still can, rather than hold a clipboard for the next two years at USC.

Can't fault him for that.

You can't fault him for that, but you fault Alabama for the exact same things? :rollseyes:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you don't understand how recruiting works if you think other schools simply choose not to do it. Because it's a choice the students make when they get passed up on the depth chart. The other schools simply do not have higher talent coming in year after year and have true freshmen starting because the guys with more experience are their better players.

You just want to assume that because other schools aren't able to do it as much they are somehow more moral about things. Which means you are just butthurt about the success of others.

Damn I forgot "butthurt" on the list

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,555.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silent assassin attack in Mormonland reported. Petersen flipped Utah commit Sidney Jones tonight.

Ya we really dont need him. Utah has 5 in this years class. And quiet some talent there. Sidney is fast though.

Status
Not open for further replies.