• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instagram
Sure wish I knew someone from Nike that might know what coach Pease is talking about. :whistle:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you just sign 29 recruits in 2011 and it was supposed to be 30?

Yep. It was because we had those spots available from undersigning in the previous seasons. It was part of Kiffin's plan to get through the sanctions in the best way possible. No one was "greyshirted" or lost a schollie.

Kiffin actually came up with a great plan to get through the sanctions which is why we have been able to get through them with out having a losing record in any season. If he had been able to keep his idiot mouth shut and avoid his own stupidity with the press, he might have been able to see it all the way through.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

For the record Wiz, I REALLY hope the zebras are invisible and we have a game for the ages. Don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for my boys team now.

Go Broncos! :yahoo:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vitamike I noticed your avi is Zach LaVine. Really impressed with his play this season, especially as a freshman. He's a future NBA dunk contest winner imo. Very impressive kid. Mock drafts that I have seen have him in the middle of the first round. We can continue this in the http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...eral-discussion/104506-pac-12-basketball.html thread.
Maybe he follows Brett Hundley's decision and stays in school another year.

I wouldn't be mad.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only hope this isn't a sign they are going the route of Oregon with some crazy combinations. Didn't think Petersen was into that and hope it is more about just a better design on the classics. I'd like to see him bring back the purple and gold and send out a message that we are going back to tough disciplined football.
:lol:

For the record Wiz, I REALLY hope the zebras are invisible and we have a game for the ages. Don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for my boys team now.

Go Broncos! :yahoo:
We all want an honest game either way. If we play well and end up losing and the refs aren't giving it away then tip our hat and look forward to next year. Likewise, we wouldn't want to have it handed to us by the refs. This is the biggest game on the biggest sports stage in the world. Let the winner leave no doubt who the better team was that day.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only hope this isn't a sign they are going the route of Oregon with some crazy combinations. Didn't think Petersen was into that and hope it is more about just a better design on the classics. I'd like to see him bring back the purple and gold and send out a message that we are going back to tough disciplined football.

We all want an honest game either way. If we play well and end up losing and the refs aren't giving it away then tip our hat and look forward to next year. Likewise, we wouldn't want to have it handed to us by the refs. This is the biggest game on the biggest sports stage in the world. Let the winner leave no doubt who the better team was that day.
True that!

I've already heard enough crying about the elements from some, albeit none Hawk fans.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks now like it will be near 50 degrees. The complaints about the weather will have no bearing on this game. I do agree that no future games should be scheduled in outdoor northern stadiums. The fact that the league was talking about moving the game between Friday and Monday if weather dictated is enough reason to not do it again. It worked out fine this time, but I'd be fucking pissed if the game was moved and our party plans were ruined and so would millions of other folks.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks now like it will be near 50 degrees. The complaints about the weather will have no bearing on this game. I do agree that no future games should be scheduled in outdoor northern stadiums. The fact that the league was talking about moving the game between Friday and Monday if weather dictated is enough reason to not do it again. It worked out fine this time, but I'd be fucking pissed if the game was moved and our party plans were ruined and so would millions of other folks.

I disagree. Football is played in the winter and is meant to be played in winter weather. I have no idea why there is this big hysteria over the weather. I think it would have been great if there was snow, not just because that would benefit the Seahawks but because I love watching football played the elements.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We moved to the great Northwest when I was a kid, the Eagles thing was already in bedded in my brain, and when we moved here I loved going to M's games, ( I'm talking the dark days in the Kingdome) and UW I end up going to school there later......

Props to you for not jumping from the Eagles to the Seahawks during their recent success. I respect people who stay true to their teams.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Football is played in the winter and is meant to be played in winter weather. I have no idea why there is this big hysteria over the weather. I think it would have been great if there was snow, not just because that would benefit the Seahawks but because I love watching football played the elements.

And you would then be fine with a game being moved to the Friday before with little notice? Because I'm so not fine with that.

I would ONLY agree with having it in bad weather if the league wasn't going to move the game no matter what. It belongs on that Sunday. PERIOD.

But I honestly don't want a championship game in a blizzard either. I liked watching that Eagles game, but that isn't real football. Both teams throw out most of their playbook play something much different. That wouldn't leave the loser feeling like they were able to give it their best shot and were beaten fairly. To me our championship game should be a showcase of two teams throwing everything they have at each other and having the best team that day win. I'm not saying it must be sunny and no wind. Some rain and typical wind is of course fine. But snow accumulated on the field or extreme wind/rain is not desirable for a championship game IMO.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you would then be fine with a game being moved to the Friday before with little notice? Because I'm so not fine with that.

I would ONLY agree with having it in bad weather if the league wasn't going to move the game no matter what. It belongs on that Sunday. PERIOD.

But I honestly don't want a championship game in a blizzard either. I liked watching that Eagles game, but that isn't real football. Both teams throw out most of their playbook play something much different. That wouldn't leave the loser feeling like they were able to give it their best shot and were beaten fairly. To me our championship game should be a showcase of two teams throwing everything they have at each other and having the best team that day win. I'm not saying it must be sunny and no wind. Some rain and typical wind is of course fine. But snow accumulated on the field or extreme wind/rain is not desirable for a championship game IMO.
Comme ci comme ca on the Elements thing for Superbowls. I don't care either way.

Now you bring up a good topic about Super Bowls being played on Sunday's. And I know this has nothing to do with what you were saying however I would like to see all Super Bowls played on Saturday.

Hell you have nearly two weeks to prepare so why not indulge the public and give them a day of rest and recovery from a full day and night of partying?

What a great way to spend a Sunday, just sleeping in and eating leftovers all day.

I hate early Monday's enough as it is. :lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturdays are fine, but whatever day you make it plan it out months ahead so people can plan their parties and LEAVE IT. This notion that had it threatened to have any type of substantial snow they were going to move it tells me it is a bad idea to have it in an area where that is likely or even highly possible. I know not everyone agrees with me and that's fine. I have a yearly SB party no matter who is in it and it takes planning to get those setup.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My comment was that I would be fine with the game being played in poor weather, not with the game being moved. I doubt that they would actually change the game date simply because of the massive logistics required to do so.

Having grown up in Seattle and played football growing up outside during football season in the rain and very occasionally snow, that is real football to me personally. I've always had the opinion that the worse the weather the better. I personally love seeing it played in the elements, probably for nostalgic reasons.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media are such hysteria mongers. No way this super bowl would of changed dates unless polar vortex 2 arrived. Even then, let um play.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media are such hysteria mongers. No way this super bowl would of changed dates unless polar vortex 2 arrived. Even then, let um play.

No shit, or Packers fans, Bears fans or even Bills fans would bitch everytime they played a home game in December....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He comes from a team with a blue field and nowhere near Washington's budget. Expect lots of crazy uniform combinations and purple turf!!:lol:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to you for not jumping from the Eagles to the Seahawks during their recent success. I respect people who stay true to their teams.

:suds: True fans stay loyal and true, this is why anytime I'm around Santa Claus I throw snowballs at him and everytime I see Michael Irvin I remind him of the time he laid on the Vet stadium and tell him I cheered!

Status
Not open for further replies.