• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silent assassin attack in Mormonland reported. Petersen flipped Utah commit Sidney Jones tonight.

#84 CB:noidea:

Congrats... I guess....:wtf2:

I cant believe out of 18 players UW has only one 4 star and no 5 stars.....

:laugh3:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Nelson from Daytona Beach Florida. He isn't big, but he runs a 4.30 40.

SPEED.....

He joins Oregon verbaled RBs Tony James also feom Florida and 5* RB man child Royce Freeman from Imperial Hi in Cali.

One hell of a RB class. They are solidifying the backfield again. These 3 will join 5* Tyner from the 2013 class along with 1000 yard gainer and 2012 class Byron Marshall in the backfield....

:yahoo:

That Duck running game is going to be a force for years to come. Uggghhhh...
Nice looking class this year. Helfrich got busy.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
234, I will simply say this, Winston took the SAT 5 times to get the scores he needed for LSJU, and took the AP classes. If I recall, Solomon Thomas, who has not committed yet, but has been admitted, took the SAT 6 times to get his scores up. The admissions process at Stanford is the same for athletes as for other kids. They use a two score system. Academics from 1-5 with a five being high (so Perfect SAT and GPA=5). They also score the extracurricular activities of applicants 1-5, so elite level performance in sports (i.e. a gold medal) would be a five the same as having been a research assistant in an elite lab would be. To put it into perspective, I only knew one football player at Stanford with a lower SAT than me (half my house was athletes) I had a 4.0 coming out a school and my EC's included ROTC, student government, teaching skiing to children, multiple academic clubs, and 3 sports.....oh and 3 previous generations of family that attended. I know how I got in. :bawling:

Stanford has had two decommits in the last week due to admissions denying the kids entry to the school.

I promise you that they weigh being a top tier football player a hell of a lot higher than their academic performance. These kids mean money for the school. They are likely told to lie about their SAT scores and GPA, that or they choose to lie about them. I'm not super familiar with the undergrad admissions at Stanford since I only went for law school but I know that it is massively competitive.

Stanford has an insanely low admission rate of 5%. You really think these guys could get in without playing football? As long as the recruit does not have a miserable academic record he is likely in.

If they held the football players to the same admission standards as other applicants, Stanford would be fielding the worst team in the PAC-12 every year with recruiting classes near the bottom of D1 levels. They are likely to look aside a poor academic record for top tier recruits but the worst the recruit the higher the standards.

As far as Jameis Winston goes I don't care what you say, the kid is retarded. I keep trying to find a credible source for him having an SAT score to get into Stanford (I keep looking but cannot find an actual number, just that he scored high enough to get in), and that he had a 4.0 "According to his high school coach", yeah I totally believe that. Nobody that is remotely educated or that has the slightest bit of intelligence chooses to speak and write like an idiot.

Applicant Profile : Stanford University

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think every college simply pushes through athletes, and even those that do don't do it for every kid. It's kind of an age old question isn't it? Is it ok to put a kid through school that otherwise had no chance to get in outside of sports so the school has benefit and supposedly, the kid gets benefit as well in at least some education they otherwise wouldn't have had access.

I have no doubt the kids going to Stanford are held to a higher standard than the rest of the Pac, but I do question Cal. Love Lynch, but when you hear him speak you do have to question him being a college graduate. Find me a Marshawn Lynch that went to Stanford and maybe my mind will be changed.

I do believe that Stanford holds their athletes to a higher standard than the rest of the PAC-12 but they are not held to the standard of non-football applicants and they will make exceptions for football players in the name of diversity and the all-mighty dollar.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That'll make it even better when we beat you.

Considering the fact that Sark did his best to take just about every UW recruit along with him to USC and did not have a great class in the first place, I'll take the recruiting class we have so far.

Plus I believe this was a really weak year for Washington high school football players. I don't follow recruiting that much but wasn't Budda Baker the only 4 star Washington high school player?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not bad for building basically an entire class from scratch in less than 2 months. 2015 class when our crew has had a year to build one will be an entirely different story and you know it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are surprised UW's class will be underwhelming after a coaching change? Who in their right mind would expect a drove of 4* kids in a class thrown together in a month? :scratch:

The good news is Petersen was already able to flip a kid from the SEC that is a 4* QB and he is all in. If he can get that kind of talent to come to a school he has no ties to over a school his own brother went to it shows you how powerful his persuasion really is. Like most schools there are a couple of other 4*'s they are in on and won't know about until signing week. Still, much of this class is BSU flips that came along for the ride. It may be a bit of a 'lost class' like most during outside coaching changes, but there is no doubt now he can land big talent.

You probably want to worry more about what he will do with what he already has. Given his perfect 2-0 record against the Ducks with a lessor team I'm sure he isn't even worried about how to prepare for his next embarrassment of your team. I mean he has beaten you with BSU's talent already so what difference does it make if his class is mostly that now?

:suds:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars for a recruit are a good indicator but obviously aren't the be all to end all gauge of a kid coming into college.

Just rustlin some jimmies or attempting to do so.

JuJu Smith #1 athlete is still on the board for Oregon. I think he chooses SC but I am still optimistic.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars for a recruit are a good indicator but obviously aren't the be all to end all gauge of a kid coming into college.

JuJu Smith #1 athlete is still on the board for Oregon. I think he chooses SC but I am still optimistic.

Some having him go to Fla St

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, we are heading into the long deep slumber of spring and summer. I was just giving it to you back because that's pretty much all we have until fall camp. :pout:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bout time to "squash" somebody's nuts tonight!
:yahoo::laugh3::suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of squashing nuts, I did I actually read somewhere that UW beat Oregon in the round ball the other day? :noidea: I admit I don't follow that sport at all, but I thought Oregon was supposed to be good. What happened?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought UW was supposed to be in the cellar this year in the Pac. :noidea:

Guess things are upside down for a few teams in terms of expectations then.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'll make it even better when we beat you.

Considering the fact that Sark did his best to take just about every UW recruit along with him to USC and did not have a great class in the first place, I'll take the recruiting class we have so far.

Plus I believe this was a really weak year for Washington high school football players. I don't follow recruiting that much but wasn't Budda Baker the only 4 star Washington high school player?

Don't worry, he's picking on Alabama now. Flipped a 5 star OL and a 5 star QB!!:lol:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

daniel-bryan-NO.gif

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:whistle: ASU's not doing too bad in the recruiting department.

Interesting, besides Casey Tucker they're not giving up too many of their top recruits to Pac-12 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.