• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the ASU players who are going to be drafted or have a shot at getting drafted only Grice was a 4*. Sutton was a 3*, Bradford was a 3* playing fullback before Graham got here, Irabor was 3*, Finkenburg was 2* and the service I looked at didn't even bother to give Darby a rating.

Taylor Kelly was a 2* who won the job over a 3* and a 4* who just transferred to an FCS school because he was never going to play.

What I like about a lot of the 3 stars ASU has committed right now is that they picked ASU over schools like Nebraska, Oklahoma, Wisconisn, Oregon, UCLA, USC.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about a lot of the 3 stars ASU has committed right now is that they picked ASU over schools like UCLA, USC.

That's a solution, these kids didn't want to play for that whinner Mora or that backstabbing Sark!:suds:

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Lauderdale commits to ASU over Florida :yahoo:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the ASU players who are going to be drafted or have a shot at getting drafted only Grice was a 4*. Sutton was a 3*, Bradford was a 3* playing fullback before Graham got here, Irabor was 3*, Finkenburg was 2* and the service I looked at didn't even bother to give Darby a rating.

Taylor Kelly was a 2* who won the job over a 3* and a 4* who just transferred to an FCS school because he was never going to play.

What I like about a lot of the 3 stars ASU has committed right now is that they picked ASU over schools like Nebraska, Oklahoma, Wisconisn, Oregon, UCLA, USC.

If they're a 3 star, they don't have to worry about being recruited by USC!!

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac Whatever has a thread? Ha. Just joking...you all chill. ;)

Hate USC but they'll be better.

ASU is AOK...a better win for ND then USC IMO. But USC is sweeter.

UCLA is the team to beat.

rare situation where USC gets UW's coach and UW comes out the winner

Oregon is always fast...not sure what to make of them.

What else...? Rich Rod in AZ?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of what I'm interested to see out of Petersen now. How does he turn those 2 and 3 star kids into Pac12 caliber players and can he climb the ladder with them in the conference?

I don't think any of us are worried about what rank we end up at in this class. Short window to make a class and quite a few of them were the kids he had coming to BSU for him. Can he turn them into all conference type players? Jury is out, but we sure can't wait to see what he might do.

Although I have the greatest respect for Coach Pete, it will be interesting since he didn't coach week to week against the likes of Mora, Sark, Leach, Rich Rod, et al or against the quality teams he'll play in the PAC. Former Boise haters know the trash talk well (that's just about all of us). Of course that's true of all top coaches at one time. For him, its a chance to answer the doubts raised about his success at Boise. Something to look forward to. Same load Graham brought with him and I think he's winning his wings; so will Coach Pete in bringing UW back to national prominence.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac Whatever has a thread? Ha. Just joking...you all chill. ;)

Hate USC but they'll be better.

ASU is AOK...a better win for ND then USC IMO. But USC is sweeter.

UCLA is the team to beat.

rare situation where USC gets UW's coach and UW comes out the winner

Oregon is always fast...not sure what to make of them.

What else...? Rich Rod in AZ?

Pac Poop board sucks.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I have the greatest respect for Coach Pete, it will be interesting since he didn't coach week to week against the likes of Mora, Sark, Leach, Rich Rod, et al or against the quality teams he'll play in the PAC. Former Boise haters know the trash talk well (that's just about all of us). Of course that's true of all top coaches at one time. For him, its a chance to answer the doubts raised about his success at Boise. Something to look forward to. Same load Graham brought with him and I think he's winning his wings; so will Coach Pete in bringing UW back to national prominence.

We know that the major difference between winning at the mid major level and at the major conf level is the quality of recruiting and managing the grind of a punishing schedule and all of the injuries that come with it. We will see how Petersen does with recruiting the same grounds as Sark, Mora, Helf, etc. Can he get kids to flip from those big programs or get solid commits from kids that don't end up flipping to them. Can he continue to turn his kind of kids who may not have high stars into big time players? No offense to BSU, but can he continue to keep the academics up of his kids at a school with much harder requirements on its student athletes? Can he game plan for some of the countries most diverse offensive and defensive schemes week to week? This isn't BSU anymore and the spotlight will be much brighter pointed at him and the pressure will be far greater. I think lots of us think he will do great with it, but we won't know for at least a couple of years as we see how he settles in and builds his brand here.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that the major difference between winning at the mid major level and at the major conf level is the quality of recruiting and managing the grind of a punishing schedule and all of the injuries that come with it. We will see how Petersen does with recruiting the same grounds as Sark, Mora, Helf, etc. Can he get kids to flip from those big programs or get solid commits from kids that don't end up flipping to them. Can he continue to turn his kind of kids who may not have high stars into big time players? No offense to BSU, but can he continue to keep the academics up of his kids at a school with much harder requirements on its student athletes? Can he game plan for some of the countries most diverse offensive and defensive schemes week to week? This isn't BSU anymore and the spotlight will be much brighter pointed at him and the pressure will be far greater. I think lots of us think he will do great with it, but we won't know for at least a couple of years as we see how he settles in and builds his brand here.

I'll probably get flack for this from UW fans despite being one myself, but college athletes are afforded every single opportunity to pass their classes beyond our wildest dreams. They have personal tutors for just about every subject, pressure is put on professors to pass them and they have numerous basket weaving classes at most major universities specifically catered to college athletes, yes even at our precious UW.

The term "requirements for student athletes" is almost laughable in itself. Half these kids can hardly read or write, let alone actually pass a college class without support from the administration. But hey, they make the school money and provide us entertainment, so who cares? Right...?

I'd love to know what goes on at Stanford. There is no doubt despite the show they put on they have numerous accommodations for their student athletes as well now, it is just harder for me to imagine them doing it. The fact that retard Jameis Winston qualified just demonstrates the standard these schools hold their student athletes.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that people tried to defend Jameis Winston's intelligence despite the fact that he speaks like a fucking retard just demonstrates the pathetic hope that we cling to when it comes to our "student" athletes. The phrase in itself is almost an oxymoron, these guys are there to play football and to somehow manage to pass their classes so they can stay on the field, then obtain a phony degree so that the school gives the image of graduating their athletes. It's like people refuse to accept that their favorite star athlete has the mental ability of a 6 year old. I have no problem if my school's football program has a median IQ of 75, they are there to play football not to study string theory.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I agree but at the same time you cant just say every student athlete is dumb and is taking the basket weaving classes. Watching interviews you can tell a Mariota from a Kiko Alonso

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that people tried to defend Jameis Winston's intelligence despite the fact that he speaks like a fucking retard just demonstrates the pathetic hope that we cling to when it comes to our "student" athletes. The phrase in itself is almost an oxymoron, these guys are there to play football and to somehow manage to pass their classes so they can stay on the field, then obtain a phony degree so that the school gives the image of graduating their athletes. It's like people refuse to accept that their favorite star athlete has the mental ability of a 6 year old. I have no problem if my school's football program has a median IQ of 75, they are there to play football not to study string theory.

Watch it......Wizard will call you a racist for saying such things. Oh wait, Winston is not a Husky QB...carry on.

:suds:

Status
Not open for further replies.