• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should all fear what Graham is doing in Tempe. A sleeping giant for decades the Sun Devils have it all to become a power in the conference. Not really sure how good last years team was, im still not sold they can beat the best, but if they continue to grow, watch out.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should all fear what Graham is doing in Tempe. A sleeping giant for decades the Sun Devils have it all to become a power in the conference. Not really sure how good last years team was, im still not sold they can beat the best, but if they continue to grow, watch out.

Right now he's got 6 four star players ( two of them though are "soft verbal)
18 are three star players

11 players on offense and 13 players on defense

Last years class he finished #30 in the nation, 25 commitments,
21 players at three star
10 offense and 14 on the defense....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine what the silent assassin will do when he's got full year to put together a class at UW. The game is afoot. Just ask Leach, Riley, and MacIntrye.

He's already getting started as 2015 QB Brett Rypien (Spokane, WA) is already set to visit UW in Feb. Already ranked in national top 20 of H.S. QBs. He smashed the Wash state single game passing record with 613 yds as junior. His uncle is Mark Rypien, the old Redskins QB who was the MVP of the 92 Super Bowl.

:suds:

Zero chance of that happening sorry. He's a Longhorn or either a SEC team member. Browne being at SC killed his only Pac school he would actually attend...Leach ruined any chance of him playing at WSU.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance of that happening sorry. He's a Longhorn or either a SEC team member. Browne being at SC killed his only Pac school he would actually attend...Leach ruined any chance of him playing at WSU.

Ok. We'll see.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring home the 3 stars Riley and turn em into 5*s by the time they leave!

GO BEAVERS!

Kind of what I'm interested to see out of Petersen now. How does he turn those 2 and 3 star kids into Pac12 caliber players and can he climb the ladder with them in the conference?

I don't think any of us are worried about what rank we end up at in this class. Short window to make a class and quite a few of them were the kids he had coming to BSU for him. Can he turn them into all conference type players? Jury is out, but we sure can't wait to see what he might do.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with last years team is they had a mediocre offensive line, and an undersized defense with only one player in the 2 deep taller than 6'1''. Stanford, Wisconsin, ND, USC, and even Utah absolutely dominated them up front.

The team as a whole is going to take a step back, but ASU next year will give a better look at what a Todd Graham team looks like. With Bradford leaving all 11 starters on defense will be Graham's guys.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with last years team is they had a mediocre offensive line, and an undersized defense with only one player in the 2 deep taller than 6'1''. Stanford, Wisconsin, ND, USC, and even Utah absolutely dominated them up front.

The team as a whole is going to take a step back, but ASU next year will give a better look at what a Todd Graham team looks like. With Bradford leaving all 11 starters on defense will be Graham's guys.

If his class stays as is he'll have well two deep across the board on defense, and yes two years will be the factor if it paid off...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Names please. What's going on. Thought USC was hitting the limit on scholy cap this year. Or does Sark plan to pull some tSEC oversigning shenanigans with this class.

I wasn't suggesting USC was getting them. I was saying Oregon won't because OD said they will!!:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be the first time USC offered a scholy and then pulled it from someone to land someone else. I mean doesn't that sound like something they'd do?

If you are referring to Kylie Fitts (or whatever the crybabies name was), that's not what happened. His schollie was not pulled.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That happens about every year there. Sark had 5 of them enroll early, but there are 3 commits that could be voted off the island easily if 4-5 stars guys are in the works.

Actually, I can't think of a time that it EVER happened. In fact, more often than not, USC has undersigned so that we can offer schollies to worthy walk-on's.

In fact, we even undersigned last year while under schollie reductions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, for the record, he thought they agreed that he would go to Spring class and according to him they 'pulled' it for that time frame.

This was clear a betrayal to him.

Call it 'pulled' or call it 'deferred to fall'. :noidea:

This kid, with a lifelong dream to go to USC, felt bad enough to:

• Go somewhere else.
  • Publicly call Lane Kiffin 'Shady' in a tweet.
:lol:

Anyway, I wonder if USC will be 'deferring' a scholy here anytime soon?

Not that it had anything to do with what you said.

It just opened up the topic. :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, for the record, he thought they agreed that he would go to Spring class and according to him they 'pulled' it for that time frame.

This was clear a betrayal to him.

Call it 'pulled' or call it 'deferred to fall'. :noidea:

This kid, with a lifelong dream to go to USC, felt bad enough to:

• Go somewhere else.
  • Publicly call Lane Kiffin 'Shady' in a tweet.
:lol:

Anyway, I wonder if USC will be 'deferring' a scholy here anytime soon?

Not that it had anything to do with what you said.

It just opened up the topic. :whistle:

Deferring a schollie isn't pulling it and the only reason it happened was because of the reductions. The kid was asked to come in the fall so that a kid at a position of greater need could come early.

And if the kid is willing to give up his "lifelong dream" because he was asked to delay it for about 3 months, then to hell with him. Doesn't say much about his character to give up that easily. When he got there and saw what else we have at that position, he'd probably be asking for a transfer anyway.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deferring a schollie isn't pulling it and the only reason it happened was because of the reductions. The kid was asked to come in the fall so that a kid at a position of greater need could come early.

And if the kid is willing to give up his "lifelong dream" because he was asked to delay it for about 3 months, then to hell with him. Doesn't say much about his character to give up that easily. When he got there and saw what else we have at that position, he'd probably be asking for a transfer anyway.

:agree: Don't blame SC, blame the NZZA

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't suggesting USC was getting them. I was saying Oregon won't because OD said they will!!:lol:

Forgot about the OD curse. You're right. They're good as gone from signing with Nike U. now.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of what I'm interested to see out of Petersen now. How does he turn those 2 and 3 star kids into Pac12 caliber players and can he climb the ladder with them in the conference?

I don't think any of us are worried about what rank we end up at in this class. Short window to make a class and quite a few of them were the kids he had coming to BSU for him. Can he turn them into all conference type players? Jury is out, but we sure can't wait to see what he might do.

Coach Pete did it @ Boise State, no reason to think he can't grade unproven talent at the PAC level either Whiz.

I look at 3 players from the Beavers last year and there are more if you include guys like R Reynolds and M Doctor... Brandin Cooks, S Creighton and S Mannion, all of who had a stellar year last season, were not highly recuited, but highly coachable. Riley takes the rough diamonds and shapes them into players. I always believed this method over getting 5* HS players who come to college with attitudes and to much success at the lower level BEFORE playing at a higher level in college.

I like to judge talent AFTER 2 years of college coaching and not before. It is what it is for the Beavers, but I like that way of recruiting and coaching over getting high value targets who end up being busts at the college level of even at the next level of the NFL.

Just my Op.:whistle:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to judge talent AFTER 2 years of college coaching and not before. It is what it is for the Beavers, but I like that way of recruiting and coaching over getting high value targets who end up being busts at the college level of even at the next level of the NFL.

:agree:

100 % with you on that comment Wallace, sure I like to see the rankings and the higher star players cause in a round about way you know the program is going somewhere cause of these kids coming here.

But at the same time I can remember a few high star players that didn't really pan out in there performance in college, its almost like they over hyped themselves and couldn't find that next level...

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

100 % with you on that comment Wallace, sure I like to see the rankings and the higher star players cause in a round about way you know the program is going somewhere cause of these kids coming here.

But at the same time I can remember a few high star players that didn't really pan out in there performance in college, its almost like they over hyped themselves and couldn't find that next level...

One has to remember that success at the lower level can breed laziness and attitudes that come with highly recruited players and once at a higher level of competition the hard work of getting better comes harder than it did before. With lower levels of recruits, coaching can sometimes be much easier to do with better results quicker.

I'll take the "hungrier kid" who wants to achieve more at the college level over the kid with success thruout his short HS career anyday.

I am NOT saying I wouldn't want ANY 4-5* recruits, but there are potential dangers that come with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.