• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEMO TO ALL PAC BROTHERS:

Bit concerned about our Leader the "White Mamba".

Man has been in short supply of late since last Thursday nite. I understand the wind was taken out from his sails, but he bleeds for those Ducks and makes this board worth reading all the time. Perhaps he spending more time with family and THAT I could understand. From my perspective, he has helped to ground me and allowed me to remain when most would have hit the flush button long ago. Most Duck fans would have done this to a "bark rat", he didn't.

SIR Mamba...More posts from you please, it tells me all is right in your world during this fine CF season.

Second this.

Trouble is, I have to strain to see whether it is you posting or him. When does he get to get rid of that OSU avatar?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way that will be a big game. If UW loses this game there will be a lot more desperation in the Oregon State game because they really don't want to be looking at another 7 win regular season. I would say you might want to root for UW as there will be a lot less on the line for them if they come into that game on the backs of a win than a loss. :suds:

What is your sense on how Husky fans will react if Sark lives up to the nickname 7 win Steve? Can't imagine he'd be fired but you guys have so much fricking talent that 7 wins got to be a massive let down.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your sense on how Husky fans will react if Sark lives up to the nickname 7 win Steve? Can't imagine he'd be fired but you guys have so much fricking talent that 7 wins got to be a massive let down.

Yes to both. He wouldn't be fired, but fans will be grumbling to be sure. I mean the wheels aren't exactly coming off the bus at this point. WSU would love to trade records am I right?

Will be far worse if Oly is right and UW loses all 3 of its remaining games, but even then he wouldn't be fired.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the Huskies are good next year im talking 10 wins. Sark has had a couple years with some good recruiting classes, I think that talent will really start to show on the field. Depends how well you replace Price though. I think Shaq Thompson will be the best LB in the Pac next year. Most lbs break out there Junior year.

I mean anybody is better than Price on the road right? Except Price did play well in 2 out of 3 road games this year. The other years he has just been ass on the road. He definitely didn't have a good line though. Thats another thing for Sark lots of people talk about how the Dawg Father would dominate the line of scrimmage. Sark needs to start recruiting well in those areas. When Bruce Snyder came here from Cal he was Mr 7 wins as well and was on the hot seat a little bit going into the 96-97 rosebowl season. Sark has good enough recruiting classes where they could have a break out year next year. Remember he came in rebuilding from a 0-12 program. It takes 4 years to build an average program give Sark some more time.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a huskie fan nor do I follow them very hard so I may not be speaking with as much knowledge as the Dawg fans but there is still a glimmer of hope with Sark am I right? Sarks classes do seem very talented. Building off the worse UW season in history probably takes more than the average years to build a program to dominance which most people say is 3-4 years. Now I don't know much about the Huskies team next year and whose returning etc.

But also a problem with modern day coaches especially in the Pac is the inability to win on the road. Dirk Koetter could never win in California. And I know Sarks teams aren't "road warriors".

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talk about Sark and recruiting on the line is mostly from idiots. Yes, both lines are not nearly what they need to be. The problem is we have no seniors on the offensive line this year because Sark's first recruiting class was thrown together late as he didn't take over in time to get a full class in and he didn't have even one O lineman. But when you look at his last 3 classes he has added some meat on both lines in each class. Those who know a lot more about the quality of those kids than I say there should be much improved line play on both sides in the coming years. Next year they will be able to return all of the O line and most of the D front 7. They do lose several key skill players on the offense and a safety that is captain of that secondary.

Next year? Hell we aren't even done with this one yet, but I'm not too worried about what they will have. You know you can face some growing pains with first year starting QB's but they are going to have some good pieces around him.

I'm not the one saying Sark is in trouble. He can't afford a non winning season at this point and the challenge next year is they have to win 7 just to be bowl eligible because of the Hawaii rule and having 13 regular season games.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whos likely the favorite QB for the job Wiz? Open qb camp? Or does Sark already have his guy for next year.

Looks like your in a lot better shape then ASU were losing like everybody on defense. Only key losses on offense is Grice and Finkenberg our OT whos always been solid.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate open qb compeitions especially in college. The QBs that dont get the starting job get all butt hurt and most of the time transfer gotta make sure you pick the right man for the job.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whos likely the favorite QB for the job Wiz? Open qb camp? Or does Sark already have his guy for next year.

Looks like your in a lot better shape then ASU were losing like everybody on defense. Only key losses on offense is Grice and Finkenberg our OT whos always been solid.

Well Miles is the backup this year and would seem to be the heir apparent as he will have had the most experience in this uptempo offense, but I wouldn't rule out Troy Williams beating him out. Troy is red shirting this season and looks like another crazy good dual threat QB, but Miles shows a lot of promise of being both as well. I think Linquist is likely the odd kid out and wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer next year.

I'm sure Miles would have to lose the job in Spring to not be the starter, but I'm sure there will be pressure on him to perform with such a great kid behind him.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You calling me an idiot Wiz?

Nah he talking bout me fam. :suds:

Yall already landed Curtis by the way whos going to be a stud. And if you get Casey Tucker its over. Im hoping ASU does though.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is big for Taylor Kelly in terms of his legacy. I dont know if he can be the qb to lead us to a Pac 12 championship game and win. Can he take us to a BCS bowl? I think his celing is limited in terms of what he is, hes a good quarerback and a very good decision maker, but I question him being a road warrior and his ability to sling the ball and get ASU back in the game trailing from a big deficit.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the chant for his(Sark) head will get a little louder, Wiz is correct they wont fire him this season, but I believe there will be added pressure for next season if they come out the gate slow.
It is a little of let down now, there should 've been better play against Oregon, and ASU. The biggest issue I have is your sporting one of the best running backs in America, and they cant use that more to their advantage....

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Miles is the backup this year and would seem to be the heir apparent as he will have had the most experience in this uptempo offense, but I wouldn't rule out Troy Williams beating him out. Troy is red shirting this season and looks like another crazy good dual threat QB, but Miles shows a lot of promise of being both as well. I think Linquist is likely the odd kid out and wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer next year.

I'm sure Miles would have to lose the job in Spring to not be the starter, but I'm sure there will be pressure on him to perform with such a great kid behind him.

It would be nice for you guys if they were a faster than Price so you could really run a read option. It would help your running game for next year especially since you cant give it to Sankey next year and just pound it.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the chant for his(Sark) head will get a little louder, Wiz is correct they wont fire him this season, but I believe there will be added pressure for next season if they come out the gate slow.
It is a little of let down now, there should 've been better play against Oregon, and ASU. The biggest issue I have is your sporting one of the best running backs in America, and they cant use that more to their advantage....

Well the Pac 12 refs blew that Oregon game for you guys. The goal line stand would of gave you so much momentum and would of made everyone on the UW believe that they can beat Oregon, and would of fired everyone up, they would of played with heart as well. That was the turning play in the game. It should of been blown dead as you stood up Byron Marshall but the Pac 12 officials are just being ass as usual nothing to see here! :suds:

I know it was the 1st TD but damn it just seems like the whole game would of shifted to UWs favor.

Worse road qb game of the year from ANY QB. Price vs ASU. He did shit the bed how did he miss those first 2 throws. Of course Robert Nelson got beat on them. :laugh3:

I also gotta ask yall. What did you think you were going to get from Price? I mean he was like a 3 star recruit right? He probably over exceeded expectations am I right?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice for you guys if they were a faster than Price so you could really run a read option. It would help your running game for next year especially since you cant give it to Sankey next year and just pound it.
All 3 of the QB's behind Price are real dual threat QB's that can run the zone read. I believe all of them are over 6'4" and are all heavier than Price as well as faster. To me the question is which one will have the best arm and the best decision making.

McNabb7532 said:
You calling me an idiot Wiz?
Well I did say MOSTLY from idiots. :whistle:

I'm sure you haven't been the one saying he hasn't recruited any linemen. I mean we all know the current line is not that great, but everyone knows it takes longer to get the kids on the line into the shape and skills they need to compete at a high level and when you don't have any 5th year seniors at all and no 4th year seniors on the line that's kind of bad.

If the line is this bad two years from now they should be throwing pitch forks at Sark. Next year should be another big step forward for them as well with another full year under their belt. Most of the O line will be seniors and the same for the defensive line. I think Dexter Charles is only a sophomore, but the rest of the o line is all jr this year.

The problem for next season is going to be in the defensive secondary. I think they lose 3 main kids back there including both safeties. I believe all of the backups at those spots are currently freshmen.

Mince no words here mcnabb, both lines should be really improved next season and they are building a lot of depth there. Anyone who questions the recruiting on line isn't paying attention to what is actually going on, just the current results.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis will be good like I said and im not only saying that because hes from Arizona lol. The improvement the Huskies line made from last year to this year was a step in the right direction, they were so much better this year, and people on this forum or even the experts like to give all the credit to sark and putting in the up tempo offense for you guys which made it easier for the line but I disagree with that.

I thought your offensive line was better over all this year imo. And how tough your front 7 played with Stanford was probably great to see for you guys. I think Sark has a really good chance to maintain success as a UW coach. I think he could be more discipline at times, but yea he definately has developed talent and has put the right coaches around him.

Who else is on the hot seat Whittingham? There the current 2010 Sun Devils compete with every team even top ranked teams but make stupid plays at the end of the game and stupid penalties. Utah has so much talent and there so physical and tough. Whittingham could be on the hot seat. Utah may also look for a game manager. There defense is to good for them to a have a turnover machine at quarterback I know the Utes fans were all excited about him but the guy is a gun slinger.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of dog are you?

OK, what kind of dog would your fellow pac12 posters be if they were one?

Examples:
Jahii = Chihuahua. Runs around constantly yapping, but is never really a threat.
Shaver = Pitbull. Not particularly bright and always looking to take a bit out of everyone.
TF12 = Standard Poodle. Always happy and excited! and is always one step ahead of others.
Wallace = Whatever this dog is:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O15DXv3Vwg]Dog Bites own Leg - YouTube[/ame]

Come up with your own list and be creative.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Kelly was 3rd on the depth chart coming in 2012 with a new sundevil offense. He almost was cut from the competition. And there was actually a point where it was between Eubank and Bercovicci. But TK worked hard from Spring on and eventually won the starting job which many sun devil fans including myself were pissed when they named Kelly the starter oh how wrong we were lol. Its all about who best fits the system and who cant protect the football not about the most talented.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im more like a pitbull im fucking tough and no one can beat me in an argument. Im the guy where when I come around the thread it clears because everyones scared that im gonna shit on them I may sometimes be friendly than I quickly suck you in and talk shit about your team and make you cry. BEST GET OUT OF THE WAY! :smokin:

Status
Not open for further replies.