• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the fact that the NBA picked Oklahoma City and Sacramento over Seattle. The Seattle ownership group was going to shell out around $500m to build this to put the Kings in:

afc7d0b1f47d563b670db2371fdfd4be.png

9c405fb4c406dbbb63ad5037311e77f9.png

9cc8cefc2e0dba3d13877b8c665b22af.png

20130917_arenadesigns51.jpg

20130917_arenadesigns22.jpg

20130917_arenadesigns40.jpg

20130314_arenainterior02.jpg

Concept Rendering of Sonics Arena - YouTube

If it ever gets built it will be pretty cool.

Im sure the Storm will love it

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Top 40 recruiting class rankings on "insider"- Pac12 Teams only

15) ASU
20) Arizona
23) Oregon
24) USC
26) UCLA
29) Stanford

Rivals
16. UCLA
18. ASU
22. Oregon
23. Arizona
24. USC
27. Stanford

Scout
11. ASU
15. Arizona
18. USC
23. UCLA
24. Oregon
27. Stanford

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure the Storm will love it

Hansen isn't going to build it until they have an NBA team signed to come here and once that is in place they will push to get an NHL franchise. Both are required for this venture of his to be profitable. The NHL is the easier of the two to get by all accounts, but they will not build it until the NBA is here first.

Storm? They can play at the local YMCA for all we care.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would LOVE if Portland got an NHL team. Seattle obviously makes sense for a NHL team, especially with instant rivalry with Vancouver.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the CFB board and I won't be carrying on about baseball on it.

I will just point out to SF234 that while attendance was up well into the start of this shit team, so too was the TV rating and overall community support. If it was simply the ballpark people would go, but wouldn't be nearly as involved outside of it. I entirely reject your bandwagon assertions. Jr and Lou introduced this town to real baseball and the city learned to embrace it before the organization ripped the rug out from under us and took advantage of us for many years until those who had been converted into real baseball fans finally got wise to what was going on and decided to stop supporting them because of it.

This isn't what happens with real bandwagon mentality.

When you add them trying to block the return of the NBA and the building of an arena in downtown as well as other political gaffs that are hard to understand how they could think it would be good for their product and how can you not see how much anger there is for this franchise? I don't mean people are just upset by them losing, but when you look at the full picture there are many of us furious that people are still supporting them at all. Great ballpark or not. They don't deserve your support.

And notice I said I still follow the team until the all-star break. I haven't stopped liking baseball, but I won't waste the good weather months on a team as simply terrible as the M's have been when I already hate their front office.

Will winning alone bring me back? Well obviously I'd follow them after the all-star break if they weren't 10 games below .500 at that point, but I won't go back to going to several games a year until that front office is cleared out. I simply won't. And I don't give a shit if they buy themselves a first place team. I won't reward the dishonesty and abuse that front office gave us fans and like I said, there are thousands of people who agree with me. Lincoln has to go to get my money back.

Now enough about baseball. It's the NFCCG week and there is no need for me to spend it pissed off about our totally shit baseball organization. There will be plenty enough time for that after pitchers and catchers report.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would LOVE if Portland got an NHL team. Seattle obviously makes sense for a NHL team, especially with instant rivalry with Vancouver.

The NHL commissioner has said they want into both Seattle and Portland markets. You have had people down there working on it for a while, but they can't get the money committed to it. They have tried to get Paul Allen and others to get on board, but Allen doesn't have any interest in being an owner or partner in hockey.

They have seen how fast the fans of this area took to supporting MLS and the quick rivalries that developed with the NW teams and really believe they can make a whole new market out here and give more teams for the other west teams to have to make shorter travel.

What will likely happen is the NHL comes here first and any real sign that it gets support will probably allow those with money down there that have cold feet to get on board. If you want the NHL in Portland then you should be on the bring the sonics back to Seattle bandwagon because you aren't going to get it unless/until that happens. Sonics, then NHL seattle, then NHL Portland. Almost guaranteed to go that way.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Sonics back in Seattle, no doubt. Loved the Blazer/Sonic rivalry. Also Seattle has great fans, they deserve an NBA team.

There is no doubt in my mind the NHL would thrive down here. The Winterhawks get major support for a WHL team. If MLS was able to explode here, NHL absolutely would.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Sonics back in Seattle, no doubt. Loved the Blazer/Sonic rivalry. Also Seattle has great fans, they deserve an NBA team.

There is no doubt in my mind the NHL would thrive down here. The Winterhawks get major support for a WHL team. If MLS was able to explode here, NHL absolutely would.

Yeah, there are many people who consider Hockey to be the same thing as soccer with less teeth.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there are many people who consider Hockey to be the same thing as soccer with less teeth.

I would have agreed with your statement 10 years ago whiz, but soccer will explode in this country with the younger generations coming up after ours. I always ranked hockey behind baseball and football on my "like" meter. Really could care less about basketball outside the NCAA and see that sports as dying on the vine in my OP.

Soccer and hockey have a certain amount of fan participation violence involved with their respective sports. And with today's video youth generations I see nothing but growth in the above mentioned sports. Football is violent, but as we all know...the rules are making it almost impossible to watch with "yellow flags" flying around all over the place every week.

I went to one soccer game last year with a free ticket and came away "buzzing" at what goes on inside that venue for 4 hours.

Can't remember where I saw some stats showing hockey attendance out-performing the NBA attendances (perhaps it was sellouts ?), but it didn't surprise me either.

I WOULD go to hockey games tho. Love that sport.:clap:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong wallace, I'm not a soccer hater. We do have a few around here and they don't bother me any, but don't count me among them. It isn't close to my favorite by any stretch, but I've been to a few Sounders games. Cheap tickets and they are a kid friendly game. Really don't have to explain much to a 11/yo girl for them to get it. She has been to a few Husky games and still doesn't get that much about football. Soccer is a better sport to see than to watch on TV for me, but honestly I wouldn't follow it if Seattle wasn't doing well in it. I would really consider myself nothing more than a bandwagon casual soccer observer.

I've tried to watch the sport in general, but find it ultimately boring. When I've watched a couple of EPL games and compared them to MLS, our brand looks like school kids playing it, even now. Their passing and overall footwork is entirely different than what we play. And their offenses are so much more effective. Still, even if we looked like they do it's still soccer. I would only have a passing interest if my team was doing well. At best.

Hockey? I went to games when I was a kid and loved the fighting in the stands when it was a Seattle/Portland game more than the sport itself.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey? I went to games when I was a kid and loved the fighting in the stands when it was a Seattle/Portland game more than the sport itself.

Late 60's/early 70's?

That would have been the P-Town Buckaroos/Seattle...terrific stuff back then, Old NHL players and young up-n-comers on those teams of lore.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L :L :L

This dead period sucks.....

After Sunday Mamba should have more free time on his hands. Maybe he will come up with something more entertaining. :whistle:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have agreed with your statement 10 years ago whiz, but soccer will explode in this country with the younger generations coming up after ours. I always ranked hockey behind baseball and football on my "like" meter. Really could care less about basketball outside the NCAA and see that sports as dying on the vine in my OP.

Soccer and hockey have a certain amount of fan participation violence involved with their respective sports. And with today's video youth generations I see nothing but growth in the above mentioned sports. Football is violent, but as we all know...the rules are making it almost impossible to watch with "yellow flags" flying around all over the place every week.

I went to one soccer game last year with a free ticket and came away "buzzing" at what goes on inside that venue for 4 hours.

Can't remember where I saw some stats showing hockey attendance out-performing the NBA attendances (perhaps it was sellouts ?), but it didn't surprise me either.

I WOULD go to hockey games tho. Love that sport.:clap:

No it won't. Soccer isn't even a sport. It's a recreation.

Besides the soccer boards are over there-----------------> in Europe!!:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Sunday Mamba should have more free time on his hands. Maybe he will come up with something more entertaining. :whistle:

Isn't Mamba a Raiders fan? His Sundays have been freed up since about the 3rd week of the season!!:lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Mamba a Raiders fan? His Sundays have been freed up since about the 3rd week of the season!!:lol:

He's been active on the NFL boards pulling for SF and now has a SF icon under his name

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it what you want. I call it breaking my form of being a glutton for punishment.

:lol: Just messin' with ya. If the Seahawks didn't make the playoffs, I'd be picking a team to follow throughout the playoffs. Just makes it more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.