• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only like CBB because your team is a decent team. I remember when the U of A chant was "If BB sucks we have the Ice Cats." Now when BB sucks you have nothing, except that win over Oregon to get my boys another PAC championship. Thanks for that U of A. Oh and classes start tomorrow. I am teaching online this term, so my time is free for at least 6 hours a day :).

Mamba what happened to the fishing thread? I am fly fishing the fuck out of the western states this year.

Nope, basketball has been my favorite sport since I was a youngster. If I only liked a team because they are "decent" then I wouldn't be a die-hard Suns fan would I?
Our football program is on the rise, so I'm looking forward to that.

Anyways, Stanford has a solid team this year in CBB... you should follow them.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work on the internet, so I'll always be a regular.

But I don't have too much to say when you guys are talking about recruiting and junk. I tend to try and not pay attention to it very much, because I hate feeling like some girl dumped me when a recruit flips. I barely follow Alabama, much less Stanford and other Pac teams.

I tend not to pay too much attention to recruiting either. For three reasons.

The first reason being that I feel like it is really creepy to get excited about the college decisions of predominately 16 and 17 year olds. The second reason being that I hate the entire process more than words can describe. The third being that I believe the ranking system is highly inaccurate. There are thousands and thousands of high school football players to scout, so obviously tons will slip through the cracks and tons will be plastered with high rankings simply due to their size/speed/strength and the assumption that they can be coached up.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for the state of Washington, and especially Seattle anymore. As long as Stern and his crews of pro-wrestling refs are involved, I don't watch.

I still can't believe Seattle lost their team. That was a travesty... if that ever happened to my home team then I'd never watch it either. At least you have the Seahawks. I got you guys winning the SB this year.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Seattle lost their team. That was a travesty... if that ever happened to my home team then I'd never watch it either. At least you have the Seahawks. I got you guys winning the SB this year.

I watch UW basketball to help get me over the Feb and March no football hump. Romar has his critics, but I still believe in him. He's recruiting really well right now for the next class and just throttled Colorado which was impressive.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guyz... follow basketball to kill time. We gotta Pac12 thread in the BBall forum. :suds:

What is this basketball you speak of? :noidea: I don't think they play anything like that in our state. :whistle:

We have this short break until we follow something called Baseball. We follow that until around June or so when it becomes abundantly clear that the season is over and then we go outside and enjoy the sun until fall camp starts. That's Washington sports.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch UW basketball to help get me over the Feb and March no football hump. Romar has his critics, but I still believe in him. He's recruiting really well right now for the next class and just throttled Colorado which was impressive.

Yep, Romar has his flaws but he's a decent coach and recruits well. Washington has actually looked really good so far in Pac play. With all these injuries to other teams key players they are a dark horse to make the tourney this year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention the fact that the NBA picked Oklahoma City and Sacramento over Seattle. The Seattle ownership group was going to shell out around $500m to build this to put the Kings in:

afc7d0b1f47d563b670db2371fdfd4be.png

9c405fb4c406dbbb63ad5037311e77f9.png

9cc8cefc2e0dba3d13877b8c665b22af.png

20130917_arenadesigns51.jpg

20130917_arenadesigns22.jpg

20130917_arenadesigns40.jpg

20130314_arenainterior02.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFe4OVuCXZo]Concept Rendering of Sonics Arena - YouTube[/ame]

If it ever gets built it will be pretty cool.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this basketball you speak of? :noidea: I don't think they play anything like that in our state. :whistle:

We have this short break until we follow something called Baseball. We follow that until around June or so when it becomes abundantly clear that the season is over and then we go outside and enjoy the sun until fall camp starts. That's Washington sports.

Suffering through an entire season of Mariners baseball will make it so much sweeter when the Mariners finally field a winning team.

Or even worse, I'll just be a snob about it like I am with the Seahawks. I've said numerous times how much I resent how quickly this city is to jump on the bandwagon, and how quickly they will jump right off of it.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: At least you got Robbie Cano, dontcha know! Mariners are spending some bucks this offseason

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least Mariners made some serious moves this off season and with a sports franchise staring at the abyss and lot of empty seats, the ownership may finally start listening to all that. That seattle times article sent shock waves all through the fanbase and the franchise.

Getting Cano to the Mariners was a serious blockbuster of a move. If we land Tanaka as well, boom. That's one serious starting pitching lineup.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Romar has his flaws but he's a decent coach and recruits well. Washington has actually looked really good so far in Pac play. With all these injuries to other teams key players they are a dark horse to make the tourney this year.

Wouldn't go that far as a tourney call, but he's getting a lot of play out of Wilcox and Andrews right now, and will ride it out as long as we can.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't go that far as a tourney call, but he's getting a lot of play out of Wilcox and Andrews right now, and will ride it out as long as we can.

As of now... after Arizona, UCLA and Cal I don't see a team that is clearly better than Washington. Never know... I also like Nigel Williams-Goss quite a bit. You guys could sneak in with a couple marquee wins.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting that arena eyecandy. :drool:

Still hope the Seattle arena gets built. Would be amazing to have a Stern-less NBA and NHL franchise up here. Hope that can happen. NBA is such a dysfunctional mess right now with it's league leadership and the idiotic gutless agenda that moved so many teams to small media markets, may still be years before anything can happen. Not to mention all those guaranteed contracts and making sure only a couple teams have any hope of making the finals year after year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Mariners made some serious moves this off season and with a sports franchise staring at the abyss and lot of empty seats, the ownership may finally start listening to all that. That seattle times article sent shock waves all through the fanbase and the franchise.

Getting Cano to the Mariners was a serious blockbuster of a move. If we land Tanaka as well, boom. That's one serious starting pitching lineup.

I think the Mariners front office should look at how engrossed this city has become over the Seahawks and take a lesson from that.

Although I do criticize how quickly people around here are to jump on the bandwagon, when Seattle supports its teams, in the words of Jameis Winston "Dey do it big den"

Seriously, if the Mariners field a winning team they would have more support than they know what to do with. I mean for Christ sake, this team was still around the middle of the league in attendance despite pushing 100 losses per year from 2004-2009. Over the last 10 years the Mariners have had one of the worst teams in major league baseball, their attendance statistics over that period should be putrid, but they are not (they are mediocre, but not as bad as they should be relative to the team's performance).

In Seattle, when a team is winning they will get arguably more support than any other team in this country. Even when the teams are mediocre they still receive reasonable support, I mean hell even during the lean years for the Seahawks from 2008-2011 the Qwest Field still provided one hell of a home field advantage.

If the Mariners spend the money and put together a winning team, the money will come in hoards. I seriously believe the Mariners should strongly consider running at a loss this year (which would be difficult), in order to spend their way into a winning roster. The amount of money that this franchise could get if they put a winning product on the field is enormous.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Top 40 recruiting class rankings on "insider"- Pac12 Teams only

15) ASU
20) Arizona
23) Oregon
24) USC
26) UCLA
29) Stanford

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys ever want to read something from insider about your team then post the link of it on here and I'll copy n' paste that shittt for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.