• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put that lock on Miles just yet. I'm telling that Troy was being groomed and everyone that has worked with him thinks he is the real deal. I'm not saying Miles isn't legit, but don't rush to assume the new regime comes in and just auto promotes the next guy in line. Which ever of them doesn't get it gone and you can bank on that. I'm assuming lindquist is more likely to stay, but you never know.

Even if spring is closed there will be enough interest and enough info to be worth following.

Well now there is a possible dark horse coming for a visit, a 4 star kid from Cali, was commited to Vandy but has reopened his recruiting.....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet not. Its cooling down period. You know there will be some shit going down on here in the Dog Days of Summer. Fiendin for football.... Grouchy... you know, just like the last two years.

From after the Superbowl to the start of baseball season is the real dead period for me. No NFL, no NCAAF, no MLB, now that is the worst time in sports.

At least with the NFL there is the draft and free agency to speculate about. Not much to discuss during the off-season with college football.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could be some news with late flips during LOI week, but things are going to be pretty quiet with the dawgs by design from Feb on to summer. Petersen is not the social media whore that Sark was and is known to keep things more private. Spring practices will be closed to everyone, including most media. Doesn't appear there will be an QB controversy as Miles is looking like the guy. It's going to be very quiet till fall camps are about to begin. Then the floodgates as everyone is going to be interested in what were going to see from the Dawgs, especially on offense, in 2014, even though they've said uptempo and what Sark was running is going to be close to what your going to see.

Obviously I don't keep up with UW recruiting but are there any potential flips. Baker seemed like a huge potential get for UW but that is 2 Bellevue dudes that UW has lost out on. We need to keep local kids in the northwest regardless of which school they attend.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From after the Superbowl to the start of baseball season is the real dead period for me. No NFL, no NCAAF, no MLB, now that is the worst time in sports.

At least with the NFL there is the draft and free agency to speculate about. Not much to discuss during the off-season with college football.

Well, the same could be said about CFB off season with LOI day and Spring practice. I pay attention to that stuff.

But the NFL draft trumps those for sure.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I don't keep up with UW recruiting but are there any potential flips. Baker seemed like a huge potential get for UW but that is 2 Bellevue dudes that UW has lost out on. We need to keep local kids in the northwest regardless of which school they attend.

I never agreed with the whole keep the guys in state mentality. I say go get the best players you can from where ever they are. Just because a kid is a big time recruit it doesnt mean he will fit in with your program.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baker could very easily be the fact they (UW) is bring in a ton of safeties in this class or better stated recruiting, this was the case before Sark was fired and now with Petersen.

As for the second you say (no name) listed which makes me believe your referring to Miles Jack of UCLA, there was talk earlier about that and I believe the assumption was schools wanted him more as a RB then LB, so UCLA offered up the LB spot and he's playing a little RB as well....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you stop posting just because football season is over I will be highly disappointed in those PAC fans.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never agreed with the whole keep the guys in state mentality. I say go get the best players you can from where ever they are. Just because a kid is a big time recruit it doesnt mean he will fit in with your program.

I agree. But at the same time, WA state has a solid HS football network that produces some serious 3+ star talent every year. Sark let many of them leave to max maintain his Cali recruiting pipeline. While Sark did recruit well, he whiffed a lot with local high quality guys. So badly, that WA kids started automatically placing other PAC schools who gladly recruited WA talent as their priorities.

The Myles Jack situation is one I don't blame Sark for because Mora had the flexibility to let him start as a freshman at S and RB spots. UW had established starters at both spots in Sean Parker and Bishop Sankey for 2013. Jim Mora had longtime established connections with Bellevue HS where Myles played.

But recruits like Budda Baker are another story and reflective of Sarks bias of the Cali recruiting pipeline.

Petersen will absolutely recruit heavy out of Cali, but he will also use his well established pipelines in the PACNW, Hawaii, etc... to make sure all avenues for talent are available.

UW current commit class is at 9 so far. It was originally projected to be a smaller class when Sark was here, but with the total combo of grads, NFL draftees, medical retirements, etc.., we could take a class of 21-22 recruits (if the right players are available). But considering the late hour Petersen and the coaches had to work with, I think 18-20 is more expected. But means lots of work to do, and yes, even some flips could happen. One name your starting to hear is Oregon State commit DT Kalani Vakameilalo (Kapolei, HI). I think that flip is already in the works. A few others could occur by LOI.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you stop posting just because football season is over I will be highly disappointed in those PAC fans.

So most folks having lives outside of CFB during the off season disappoints you? :noidea:

Hell last off season you weren't around much. Just here and there. It was at least 70% Mamba and I with any regularity. Probably makes us more pathetic than dedicated.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have said this many times, but you have an advantage going after kids in your own state, but you are NEVER going to keep all of them at home, even if you are Bama. Some kids want to get as far away from home as they can. Some kids have ties to other areas/schools. The new era of social media and massive boost to TV coverage give more chances for kids to be exposed to other schools and that helps attract them away.

The days of putting up the so-called 'fence' are gone.

Of course that doesn't mean try your ass off on every kid in your state. I mean duh. It just means you can't really measure your program against success/failure on any specific kids from your state. There are just too many variables now.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with that. I probably won't make 10 posts between now and Spring ball and not much from there until August.

the more important question.... Will you lurk?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So most folks having lives outside of CFB during the off season disappoints you? :noidea:

Hell last off season you weren't around much. Just here and there. It was at least 70% Mamba and I with any regularity. Probably makes us more pathetic than dedicated.

water cooler bro.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work on the internet, so I'll always be a regular.

But I don't have too much to say when you guys are talking about recruiting and junk. I tend to try and not pay attention to it very much, because I hate feeling like some girl dumped me when a recruit flips. I barely follow Alabama, much less Stanford and other Pac teams.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. For football addicts, post superbowl Feb and March can feel worse cold turkey pains then Linday Lohan in rehab. But I'm glad the football seasons are setup as they are. I appreciate that there is no games in spring and summertime. Especially summertime here in the PACNW where I would rather get out and enjoy those weekends in the sun and fresh air, then camped at home or in bars watching 4+ hours of football during each Saturday and Sunday. After summers of enjoying all the amazing PACNW has to offer, it's perfect for football to crank up again.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you like flopping and lazy defense, sure. I only like watching certain teams in the NBA... Suns (of course), Warriors, Blazers & Pacers. Other than that I can't stand watching crybabies flopping all over the place.
You only like CBB because your team is a decent team. I remember when the U of A chant was "If BB sucks we have the Ice Cats." Now when BB sucks you have nothing, except that win over Oregon to get my boys another PAC championship. Thanks for that U of A. Oh and classes start tomorrow. I am teaching online this term, so my time is free for at least 6 hours a day :).

Mamba what happened to the fishing thread? I am fly fishing the fuck out of the western states this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.