• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah for all of Oregon's recent RB's who would have thought Blount would have the most success?

Rodney Peete is probably the most successful USC qb since Pat Haden played for the Rams.:L

Carson Palmer has been okay, but not as good as I thought he'd be.

Agree with McNabb about Emtman, thought he was going to be a beast in the NFL.

I thought Tommy Maddox was going to be a better NFL qb than he was. He managed to revive his career for a couple of seasons, which kept him from being a total bust.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcnabb, I'm sure there will be a bit more traffic here once SF and Seattle are no longer playing in the NFL. Some of us have a team still to follow up on that board. :whistle:

:behindsofa:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Peete is probably the most successful USC qb since Pat Haden played for the Rams.:L

Carson Palmer has been okay, but not as good as I thought he'd be.

Agree with McNabb about Emtman, thought he was going to be a beast in the NFL.

I thought Tommy Maddox was going to be a better NFL qb than he was. He managed to revive his career for a couple of seasons, which kept him from being a total bust.

You know man you mention Pete, it wasn't Pro Bowl type numbers but this Eagles fan thanked god for this guy coming along....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcnabb, I'm sure there will be a bit more traffic here once SF and Seattle are no longer playing in the NFL. Some of us have a team still to follow up on that board. :whistle:

:behindsofa:

:laugh3: tell you what my little computer geek, you can use my shoulder next week when SF blows up the "Clink" next weekend.....:suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know man you mention Pete, it wasn't Pro Bowl type numbers but this Eagles fan thanked god for this guy coming along....

Yeah, he was never a Pro Bowl caliber qb, but he was a solid pro who, while he wasn't going to win games for you, he wasn't going to screw up and lose them for you either. Knew his strengths and weaknesses and stayed within himself.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he was never a Pro Bowl caliber qb, but he was a solid pro who, while he wasn't going to win games for you, he wasn't going to screw up and lose them for you either. Knew his strengths and weaknesses and stayed within himself.

Exactly! You know sometimes I think if he worked for better coaching staffs (NFL wise) he would have more of a "better stat career" then what he was handed.....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watch your dirty mouth!! :nono:

I know...:bawling: But living in the middle of this "12 man " stuff can drive you batty, but good for them, its about time Seattle got some serious media hype with the pro sports.....

Even if Pete Carroll is the head coach....:suds:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but 2 year offensive line starter Erik Kohler has taken a medical retirement. Former 4 star offensive linemen, was ranked #5 at OG coming out of HS.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know...:bawling: But living in the middle of this "12 man " stuff can drive you batty, but good for them, its about time Seattle got some serious media hype with the pro sports.....

Even if Pete Carroll is the head coach....:suds:

:lol: Even if I wasn't a Seahawks fan, I couldn't root for the 'Niners. I was a die-hard Rams fan before the snake eating bitch took them to St. Louis, so rooting for the 'Niners would just feel wrong!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Even if I wasn't a Seahawks fan, I couldn't root for the 'Niners. I was a die-hard Rams fan before the snake eating bitch took them to St. Louis, so rooting for the 'Niners would just feel wrong!!

Wondered why you were a seahawks fan when you follow all else in cali. That's like when portland fans thought we would switch to following their team after the sonics got sold down the river by that starbucks bitch. Can't say I've ever seen a trailblazers jersey around here. No fucking way we all of a sudden change to our most hated rivals simply because they are closer than the next teams. I think I know a few vancouver fans from around here, but no portland. Can't do anything but spit on ANYTHING from the state of Oregon. I mean hell, those bastards won't even let you pump your own gas in that state. You have to let some scary looking dude handle your car while you worry about whether or not they screw up your paint or pander for tips or something. What's up with those people? :gaah:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really over Oakland???? I mean yes they still have an NFL franchise, still I thought there would be a second hatred for them after Georgia???

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really over Oakland???? I mean yes they still have an NFL franchise, still I thought there would be a second hatred for them after Georgia???

Never was a Raider fan. Didn't like the way Al Davis held 2 cities hostage just to piss off the NFL. I thought I'd be a Chargers fan after the Rams left, but I just couldn't get into them. Started watching the Seahawks whenever they were on down here and found that I liked them and how crazy the crowd is.

The Seahawks hiring Pete Carroll was the icing on the cake!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never was a Raider fan. Didn't like the way Al Davis held 2 cities hostage just to piss off the NFL. I thought I'd be a Chargers fan after the Rams left, but I just couldn't get into them. Started watching the Seahawks whenever they were on down here and found that I liked them and how crazy the crowd is.

The Seahawks hiring Pete Carroll was the icing on the cake!!

Well there's room under the 12's tent for all who wish to join!

If you consider yourself one of the 12's then good on ya! And welcome aboard! :yahoo:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's room under the 12's tent for all who wish to join!

If you consider yourself one of the 12's then good on ya! And welcome aboard! :yahoo:

Thanks!! Getting to the Clink for a Seahawks game is on my bucket list. Gotta hear that crowd live.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's create "positive chatter".........

For everyone, we have a wide range in age as for fans posting here so give a players name, that played for a school in the Pac that you thought would have a great NFL career, but didn't...( doesn't have to be from your team)

I'm gonna start with two:

Steve Emtman -DT UW, a serious knee injury took the #1 pick and squashed what could've been a very good NFL career. This big farm kid had size, and speed, he change games time and time again...

Jonathan Stewart- RB Oregon, hometown kid that took his talents south (Thanks Tyrone!) also a first round selection, speed, size, the way he can make people miss him, injuries have hampered him every year in his brief NFL career, granted he's still in the league, but time is running out, and it raises the question no injuries just how good or what records he couldve broken...

As far as guys I went to school with:
Touchdown Tommy Vardell: Serious knee injury coupled with his "religion"'s (christian science) negative view on medicine really stunted his career. FYI he broke his collar bone against Penn State in '92 and still broke the RB bench record that year. After his knee injury with the browns the church granted him amnesty for surgery (he was tithing a shit ton) but he took no pain killers from 24 hours after surgery on.

Steve Stenstrom: Broke most of the passing records on the Farm, and looked to have a bright future after being tutored by Walsh his final 2 seasons. Never really learned to read the D at the speed he needed in the NFL.

McNabb funny you mention Emtman, I thought he would be a beast also, especially after he nuked my roomies knee on a crack back my sophomore year.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondered why you were a seahawks fan when you follow all else in cali. That's like when portland fans thought we would switch to following their team after the sonics got sold down the river by that starbucks bitch. Can't say I've ever seen a trailblazers jersey around here. No fucking way we all of a sudden change to our most hated rivals simply because they are closer than the next teams. I think I know a few vancouver fans from around here, but no portland. Can't do anything but spit on ANYTHING from the state of Oregon. I mean hell, those bastards won't even let you pump your own gas in that state. You have to let some scary looking dude handle your car while you worry about whether or not they screw up your paint or pander for tips or something. What's up with those people? :gaah:

But that's how UW grads are able to get a job!!!!

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This coming from a state that had legal marijuana and gay marriage and the highest sales tax in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.