• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the class they are losing this year is different. They may reload and not skip a beat. Not here to argue that.

But rather praise the class of SRs that is leaving. I cant remember such a great class of players playing 4 years of awesome football together.

Anderson, Skov, Hewitt, Murphy, Danser, Flemming, Gaffney, Gardner, Yankey, Reynolds, Tarpley, Wilkes.....

What a group of football players.

I believe they can still win. But man, they are losing those glue guys that went on one of the best 4 year runs this conference has had.

Mamba thanks for the praise to that class. I see Stanford finishing 1-3 (ranging from an overall record of 11-1 to 9-3) in the conference next year. Tarpley and Andersen already committed to come back. Wilkes is likely to return, and Reynolds will come back if he knows what is good for his draft status (according to my infamous sources). Skov and Huey (Hewitt) will be tough to replace from an emotional leader side, Gaffney was a stud this year in terms of tough yards. I expect Shaw to go with some different O sets next year with Sanders and Young as the primary ball carriers. Think Stanford circa '92 with Glynn Milburn following Vardell through the gaps. I expect to see fewer jumbo sets and wider spacing on the O-line to allow Sanders and Young to work in space. The deep threats are there still, and the young TE's will be improved. Also expect to see our 4* QB Lloyd to move to safety to back up Lyons (who will move from CB) to allow a couple of younger guys to take over at corner (if Reynolds does leave).

On a side note, 21 recruits are on the Farm this week for a recruiting visit including Tucker (AZ) and Thomas (TX).

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 780.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I just wanna let all the PAC 12 know Utah has finally gotten there foot in the door in the South. We picked up 3 great kids that are players if ya ever get a chance go to 247sports.com and check these kids out. And look at your own team crazy athletic. I'm a happy camper. Were getting there

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too soon? :noidea:

Do we have some sort of a no fly zone where we can't trash on each other for a window of time at the end of the season? Cause I'm pretty sure a few of us have so violated that already.

:whistle:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I just wanna let all the PAC 12 know Utah has finally gotten there foot in the door in the South. We picked up 3 great kids that are players if ya ever get a chance go to 247sports.com and check these kids out. And look at your own team crazy athletic. I'm a happy camper. Were getting there

Thomas Tyner and Royce Freeman think this is funny
117908_full.jpg

1238407.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was hoping your team would end up going bowling this year. Had your QB not got hurt maybe you would have. Love that kid. I'd love to see Utah surge and become a threat in the South and a few good recruiting classes and some better luck with your QB heath should help you make up that ground.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, in all seriousness Utah is progressing not regressing.

And like I have stated many times, they feel right in the PAC. And that is coming from a stubborn old PAC10er....

Colorado..... meh

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Carl Bradford received an early second round grade from the NFL. If that's true he's gone.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 780.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok shit starting to get fuckin real here in Utah. We just jumped from 59th to 47th and we were ranked 10th in the PAC now were jumped to 7th. Dennis Erickison is working his ass of in Florida and Louisiana.
This is great. Last year we had 2 freshman start at corner, now the coach's have said there are probably 4-5 freshman that could start this coming year. I think this is where Utah gets better. Why? Whittingham is not a coach that likes to start freshman, And after watching the bowl games this year it was crazy to see how many of the players on those teams have/had freshman start. I think it's better development for them. And it's a plus, if they're telling us that they have those kids that could start right away. Dood thats good news. GO Utes #UteNation.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok shit starting to get fuckin real here in Utah. We just jumped from 59th to 47th and we were ranked 10th in the PAC now were jumped to 7th. Dennis Erickison is working his ass of in Florida and Louisiana.
This is great. Last year we had 2 freshman start at corner, now the coach's have said there are probably 4-5 freshman that could start this coming year. I think this is where Utah gets better. Why? Whittingham is not a coach that likes to start freshman, And after watching the bowl games this year it was crazy to see how many of the players on those teams have/had freshman start. I think it's better development for them. And it's a plus, if they're telling us that they have those kids that could start right away. Dood thats good news. GO Utes #UteNation.

I think you are going to see allot more starting in the future. I think this maybe due to all the High School camps, IE 7 on 7's quality folks working with these kids

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are going to see allot more starting in the future. I think this maybe due to all the High School camps, IE 7 on 7's quality folks working with these kids

Ya you are right. Kids more than ever now are ready to play immediately. It takes some getting used to.

Just my own team. The 2010 team that played in the NATTY had a Freshman QB.

The Rose Bowl team in 09 was littered with freshman including a 1500+ yard rusher James as well as Barner.

Mariota went 12-1 as a Freshman.

And that is just a sample size from my team. When you see this happening with non blue blood teams such as Oregon you know the times are changing.

Freshman can truly make immediate impacts in today's CFB.

Status
Not open for further replies.