• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday

Washington @ UCLA -2 1/2

Saturday

California @ Colorado -2 1/2

Oregon State @ Arizona State -13 1/2

Utah @ Oregon -25 1/2

Washington State @ Arizona -13 1/2

Tie Breaker: pick final score
Stanford @ USC -3 1/2

Stanford: 26
USC: 22

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday

Washington
@ UCLA -2 1/2

Saturday

California @ Colorado -2 1/2

Oregon State @ Arizona State -13 1/2

Utah @ Oregon -25 1/2

Washington State @ Arizona -13 1/2

Tie Breaker: pick final score
Stanford 28 @ USC 17

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone want the USC job right now. Seriously its a dream job but when you have a lack of scholarships it makes your job very hard. Your talent becomes thin and you dont have the talent to compete for a national championship which is what they look for at USC. Its to risky of a job to take.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone want the USC job right now. Seriously its a dream job but when you have a lack of scholarships it makes your job very hard. Your talent becomes thin and you dont have the talent to compete for a national championship which is what they look for at USC. Its to risky of a job to take.

REALLY JAHII? Thousands would line up for that job as HC @ USC.

But there's really ONLY 1 GUY capable of past Trojan lore coaching w/ties....

JACKIE DELRIO BABY!

Back to LaLaLand, sun-n-surf and his former place of GLORY...fuck the NFL and those millionaire greasballz...:laugh3:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REALLY JAHII? Thousands would line up for that job as HC @ USC.

But there's really ONLY 1 GUY capable of past Trojan lore coaching w/ties....

JACKIE DELRIO BABY!

Back to LaLaLand, sun-n-surf and his former place of GLORY...fuck the NFL and those millionaire greasballz...:laugh3:

Its to risky FAM! For big time known coaches like Kevin Sumlin to go there even though its USC the scholarships really turn big time HCs away who have good jobs but not as good as the USC job. Take a look at Rich Rod who took that Michigan job when they were rebuilding he got the broom after 3 years and what do you know that clown put together a solid team lmao.

To risky for a known head coach with a comfortable position to take that HC job. If they didnt have the violations Sumlin would be resigning and forking over the scrilla to take that USC job.

USC better just hire the coach dey got now. That SC team playing with a lot of heart. He seems like he would be a perfect fit for that job.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham never gonna leave us he here to stay. "Its my dream job" thanks coach we love you too. I know he said that about Pitt and his other 10 HC jobs, but he means it this time. HE MEANS IT I TELLS YEA!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its to risky FAM! For big time known coaches like Kevin Sumlin to go there even though its USC the scholarships really turn big time HCs away who have good jobs but not as good as the USC job. Take a look at Rich Rod who took that Michigan job when they were rebuilding he got the broom after 3 years and what do you know that clown put together a solid team lmao.

To risky for a known head coach with a comfortable position to take that HC job. If they didnt have the violations Sumlin would be resigning and forking over the scrilla to take that USC job.

USC better just hire the coach dey got now. That SC team playing with a lot of heart. He seems like he would be a perfect fit for that job.

What happens when the magic dust wears off and USC loses a few games under EddieO?

No, you bring in a guy whose been to the NFL as a player and coach...had success...played for SC...had success and surround himself with AD...whose had success.

Too many upside pluses here..WIN for DelRio...WIN for USC...WIN for alums/fans...WIN for P Hayden and MOST OF ALL it's a WIN for current/future players...not to mention getting back to what USC does best, RUN fucking teams over and over and over again.
:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens when the magic dust wears off and USC loses a few games under Eddie?

No, you bring in a guy whose been to the NFL as a player and coach...had success...played for SC...had success and surround himself with AD...whose had success.

Too many upside pluses here..WIN for DelRio...WIN for USC...WIN for alums/fans...WIN for P Hayden and MOST OF ALL it's a WIN for current/future players...not to mention getting back to what USC does best, RUN fucking teams over and over and over again.
:suds:

If Graham fucking takes the SC job all put a pistol to my head dont be surprised if you dont see me the rest of your life if he takes that job im fucking serious!

Greg Schiano looks great on the NFL sideline and has done wonders to the Buccaneers :laugh3:. Dont get me started with Chip Kelly............ Plenty of former college coaches now understand that College>NFL in terms of fun. Chip and Greg look miserable on there sidelines. Chip will take a WAC job in a few years once hes canned from the Eagles.

USC gotta hire an NFL guy I guess. Just dont make it the college scrubs who went to the NFL. LMFAO @ DOUG MONROE! :laugh3:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham never gonna leave us he here to stay. "Its my dream job" thanks coach we love you too. I know he said that about Pitt and his other 10 HC jobs, but he means it this time. HE MEANS IT I TELLS YEA!

There's always "tradeoffs in life" Jahii...

DelRio to USC

Graham to the NFL Bronco's OC

j/k:suds:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always "tradeoffs in life" Jahii...

DelRio to USC

Graham to the NFL Bronco's OC

j/k:suds:

Dennis Erickson back in the day? Why are these coaches taking the NFL jobs. College is 10x better to coach and you can maintain your success. If you gotta ass GM then your canned in 3 years. Have fun taking an OC job at a high school lmao! :suds:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii says...

If Graham fucking takes the SC job all put a pistol to my head dont be surprised if you dont see me the rest of your life if he takes that job im fucking serious!

He's ONLY 1 guy, why torment yourself with evil thoughts over him?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii says...

He's ONLY 1 guy, why torment yourself with evil thoughts over him?

Obviously joking but I could see it happening. And everyone on this thread will laugh when it does happen lmao!

I can see it now im thinking negative thoughts but what evs.

"I went to ASU based off me and I didn't make it a family decision that's why im happy to take this job and be a Trojan. This is a dream job for me"

-Graham

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXCELLENT!
I have ASU's #1 SportsHoopla fan in a tailspin and it's ONLY wednesday. Time for me Beavs to sneak on in for a roadie win and get back to those "pesky" Huskie fans and their toothless barks.
:suds::laugh3::yahoo:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXCELLENT!
I have ASU's #1 SportsHoopla fan in a tailspin and it's ONLY wednesday. Time for me Beavs to sneak on in for a roadie win and get back to those "pesky" Huskie fans and their toothless barks.
:suds::laugh3::yahoo:

WHERES OUR NEW STADIUM? GRAHAM IS LEAVING! HOW DO WE WIN AT UCLA WERE A TERRIBLE ROAD TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bawling: :bawling::bawling::bawling:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disgaree. The higher academic standards that Stanford has mean that there are players that Saban can recruit that Shaw cannot because they can't get admitted.

The academic load at Stanford is tougher than what Alabama players deal with as well. Kudos to Saban for making his kids go to class, but lots of coaches make their players go to class, that is not unique unto Saban.

Hell, even Lane Kiffin made his players go to class. It's probably the one thing that he hasn't been criticized for.

As for whether or not Shaw could accomplish what Saban has a 'Bama or whether Saban could equal or exceed what Shaw has accomplished at Stanford, that's pure speculation on your part. Also, I didn't say that Shaw was better, I said that a strong case can be made and it can.

Most coaches make their players go to classes.

But at most schools there are certain classes that are almost entirely made for the football team. UW does it and I've read a lot about it throughout the country. Plus professors get a lot of pressure put on them to pass the football players because they are so valuable to the school. There are certain classes that are made up almost entirely of the football team because they take the easiest classes together. I've had numerous professors tell me that they've been forced to pass football players who can barely form a coherent sentence. It's something a lot of us fans don't like to acknowledge, but it is what goes on in college football.

I'd really love to know how Stanford handles it. I don't get the impression that they would do things the larger universities do to accommodate for its football players.

Trust me it is a lot easier for a football player to get a degree than the regular students. Plus a lot of them major in basket weaving anyway.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon Football players probably get to skip class and get a made up grade, probably get all there meals paid for, any Nike gear they want they will get. They get paid a weekly salary. This is just how I see Oregon.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU FOOTBALL

COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEWS
ASU Football: Todd Graham talks Brandin Cooks, handling success
By Ryan Bafaloukos  @RyanBafo on Nov 12 2013, 3:29p 1

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Can you guess which Beaver Todd Graham called the best player his ASU team will have faced?

odd Graham is very familiar with Oregon State wide receiver Brandin Cooks. The junior from Stockton, California, checks in at 5'10 and 186 pounds, but he has kept the Arizona State head coach up all night watching film.

Yesterday, Graham went as far as to say Cooks is the best wide receiver in the Pac-12. Today, Graham elaborated stating Cooks is the best player the Sun Devils will have faced all year.

"I think he's probably the best overall player we have played against," said Graham. "No question he is the quickest guy off the ball we have seen. He's dangerous vertically, he's dangerous intermediately and he's dangerous and screens. He does just about everything."

Cooks leads the nation with 1,344 receiving yards. This season, he has three games of at least 190 yards receiving and 14 receiving touchdowns. One element Graham says Cooks excels in is on screen passes.

"They run every screen in the world," said a tired Graham. "I looked at those all night long."

Sun Devils handling success

Graham reiterated this morning that he feels that it is more difficult to handle success than adversity. His team is currently riding a three-game winning streak and Arizona State holds a one-game lead in the Pac-12 South.

"We talk to our players about staying humble and staying hungry," said Graham. "There are a lot more distractions in success then when you are on a losing streak."

Graham says he will focus his players on staying hungry and humble the rest of the season. He then went on to share his unorthodox secret to avoiding the distractions that come with success.

Were baaaaccckkkkk....:suds:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no no Graham get some sleep! We gotta gameplan for the defense too!!!!!!!! What are you doing? Cooks is going to single Handely win this game for the Beavers even if he has 1 catch lmao.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THEE BEST all around player ASU has seen yet.

THAT caught me good eye.

While ASU is "fixated" on Cooks we'll just have Mannion "wheel around" for a back weakside TE screener flipper. See YA!

Status
Not open for further replies.