• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LETS GO BABY THIS IS OUR YEAR! GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#BRADFORD4DOAKWALKER

#TK4HEISMAN

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so.

Did you know that Saban makes all his players go to class and actually has people who check and make sure all the students are in all their classes. I mean people who go and physically make sure the players are in class. Players who miss a class get in trouble directly with Saban.

I know you are talking about higher requirements to recruit rather than this and a limited recruiting pool as a result, but it's not that much more limited. And once on campus, I highly doubt it's that much more difficult. People like to make fun of the Alabama/SEC as being somehow less than great academically, but this is one area Saban is really great about.

One of the biggest things that I like about Stanford is their style of football + them being the "smart kids". So I'm certainly not going to say Alabama > Stanford in that area. But I don't think the gap is big enough to say it's somehow a case for Shaw being a better coach than Saban with his 4 NC's. Shaw seems to be good and all(I need a few more years to be 100% sure), but let's not get crazy.

Do you think Shaw could come to Alabama and do what Saban has done? I don't think so.

Do you think Saban could go to Stanford and do what Shaw has done? I think so, and more.

Disgaree. The higher academic standards that Stanford has mean that there are players that Saban can recruit that Shaw cannot because they can't get admitted.

The academic load at Stanford is tougher than what Alabama players deal with as well. Kudos to Saban for making his kids go to class, but lots of coaches make their players go to class, that is not unique unto Saban.

Hell, even Lane Kiffin made his players go to class. It's probably the one thing that he hasn't been criticized for.

As for whether or not Shaw could accomplish what Saban has a 'Bama or whether Saban could equal or exceed what Shaw has accomplished at Stanford, that's pure speculation on your part. Also, I didn't say that Shaw was better, I said that a strong case can be made and it can.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday

Washington @ UCLA -2 1/2

Saturday

California @ Colorado -2 1/2

Oregon State @ Arizona State -13 1/2

Utah @ Oregon -25 1/2

Washington State @ Arizona -13 1/2

Tie Breaker: pick final score
Stanford @ USC -3 1/2

USC 24 Stanford 20

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW hasn't won at UCLA in 18 years and hasn't won a big game on the road since beating USC in Sarks second year. The huskies look like the better team on paper, but can KP overcome his road woes and can Sark FINALLY get a team to play a full 4 quarters on the road? I won't believe it until I see it.

Every games a new experience and everything else is history at kickoff. Dawgs will win out. To coin a phrase, Rome wasn't built in a day. UO will at least sweat it out next year. O ye of little faith.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright ill stop bringing up basketball on here. Its not like i'm on here everyday screaming basketball. Ill admit it's happened a few times but don't act like i'm here every hour on the hour talking basketball. I talk football too. Never met a group of fans that despise a sport so much.

You should have a handle on that AZ being in Arizona. Us fans up here don't recognize that sport and being an honest person, it not because we are not so good at it. Well, yes it is. That is also the reason you get poop from the others here. When they get a team in that sport (if ever), it'll be different.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper ASU shouldn't have a problem with OSU but this is the pac and anything can happen. Their strengths don't play into our weaknesses like Notre Dame, Stanford, Utah, and Wisconsin. Their run game can't capitalize on our undersized d-line (although Cooks running fly sweeps scares me) and their offenses strength is our defense's strength. Offensively we've had trouble blocking dominant d-lines and their d-line won't even be top 5 of the teams we've played this season.

Too bad these games aren't played on paper because this game still scares the hell out of me. I don't like the thought of giving Riley 2 weeks to prepare and as much confidence as I have in Graham's ability to prepare the team, this has all the makings of a trap game.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban "makes all the kiddies go to class"...ROTFLMFAO!

So what...ARE THEY awake during class is what I want to know.:noidea:

I need to retract THIS STATEMENT 420, I just found it humorous is all. IN DEFENSE of most student athletes and MOST students in general, while maintaining discipline in attending lectures, keeping up with outside classroom work and passing the standard testing, most students NEED outside tutoring in order to do so.

I sure did as an independent student.:yahoo:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disgaree. The higher academic standards that Stanford has mean that there are players that Saban can recruit that Shaw cannot because they can't get admitted.

The academic load at Stanford is tougher than what Alabama players deal with as well. Kudos to Saban for making his kids go to class, but lots of coaches make their players go to class, that is not unique unto Saban.

Hell, even Lane Kiffin made his players go to class. It's probably the one thing that he hasn't been criticized for.

As for whether or not Shaw could accomplish what Saban has a 'Bama or whether Saban could equal or exceed what Shaw has accomplished at Stanford, that's pure speculation on your part. Also, I didn't say that Shaw was better, I said that a strong case can be made and it can.

It was I who said that Shaw is the best in cfb imo. Going to class may speak to discipline on the team but has no other bearing. His advantage, if he has one, is that he coaches what undoubtedly is a more intelligent team. Don't tell me that intelligence, a higher IQ, etc, is not an advantage in football as it is in everything else. Saban is a great coach, no doubt, but the football environment at Bama gives him every other advantage. Going undefeated is probably more a matter of luck than coaching prowess.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday

Washington @ UCLA -2 1/2

Saturday

California @ Colorado -2 1/2

Oregon State @ Arizona State -13 1/2

Utah @ Oregon -25 1/2

Washington State @ Arizona -13 1/2

Tie Breaker: pick final score
Stanford @USC -3 1/2

USC 17 Stanford 21

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was I who said that Shaw is the best in cfb imo. Going to class may speak to discipline on the team but has no other bearing. His advantage, if he has one, is that he coaches what undoubtedly is a more intelligent team. Don't tell me that intelligence, a higher IQ, etc, is not an advantage in football as it is in everything else. Saban is a great coach, no doubt, but the football environment at Bama gives him every other advantage. Going undefeated is probably more a matter of luck than coaching prowess.

Shaw to USC, keep CEO as D-Coordinator and for recruiting. I'm for it.

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw to USC, keep CEO as D-Coordinator and for recruiting. I'm for it.

If Ed Orgeron can guide USC to run the table, the Trojans will indeed have the right coach in place. There is no chance that Shaw would leave Stanford to accept the USC head coach position.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't even know if coach O wants to keep the job. His specialties are defense and recruiting.

He did have a forgettable head coaching job once upon a time.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oly, picking SC to win outright? Ouch! Got any info the rest of us don't have?

last 3 have been close 7 8 in OT and 2. its in LA just feel lke its winable for the trojans.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • UW @ UCLA -2 1/2 ( Upset alert !!! )
  • Cal @ Colorado -2 1/2 ( Home field advantage )
  • OR St @ ASU -13 1/2 ( I don't trust Mannion to manage the game to a win, but beats the spread)
  • Utah @ Oregon -25 1/2 (At Autzen and the Ducks will be playing pissed off at their ranking, wanting to make a statement )
  • WSU @ Arizona -13 1/2 ( AZ's still in it for the S. and is motivated )
  • Stanford 17 @ USC 13 ( Defensive struggle )

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't even know if coach O wants to keep the job. His specialties are defense and recruiting.

He did have a forgettable head coaching job once upon a time.

But he didn't have the recruiting Mecca that is So Cal. BTW CPC was a defense minded coach to

Status
Not open for further replies.