• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only people in the real world I talk sports with are coworkers and family so I don't see many of the dip shits I guess. :noidea:

I go to renton about once a week to get parts from Fry's. Wish I'd run into some of those seahawk players. I'd ask them for a hook up on the pot sources. :suds:

Red Robin and Target is usually where I see them. I've actually seen them at the UPS store a few times that is across from Red Robin. Yesterday I saw Richard Sherman as I was driving out of there. Another time I saw a totally pimped out red Rolls Royce parked outside of UPS so I have to figure it was a Seahawks player.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbes has done a list of the most valuable college football teams. I will only include the PAC12 teams listed:

13. USC Trojans
Team value: $73 million
Revenue: $58 million
Profit: $35 million

17. Washington Huskies
Team value: $66 million
Revenue: $56 million
Profit: $33 million

19. Oregon Ducks
Team value: $64 million
Revenue: $54 million
Profit: $33 million

These were the only schools ranked by Forbes in the PAC 12.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not 1999, you said it your self, "Oregon got a slap" its the new NCAA, no reason to push the panic button just yet, this is breaking news and the NCAA takes a year to make a move, and honestly I don't see them hammering UW... My opinion of course....

Oh I don't expect sanctions. Was just saying how ironic it would be.

My problem with this is more what this does to our recruit Curtis and the rest of our recruiting cycle/class. It was already going to be thin and less than it could be with the coaching changes and now add an investigation and there are more reasons for them to pass on UW and go somewhere else.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Robin and Target is usually where I see them. I've actually seen them at the UPS store a few times that is across from Red Robin. Yesterday I saw Richard Sherman as I was driving out of there. Another time I saw a totally pimped out red Rolls Royce parked outside of UPS so I have to figure it was a Seahawks player.

During the seasons, the Seahawks will have the players stay at a hotel in downtown Bellevue the night before and after the game. Basically to get them away from any distractions of family or friends.

An hour or two after the games, I've seen Sherman, Thomas, and a bunch other players come into Joey's for food and to relax. It was absolutely hilarious as I watched the SF game there in Sept. Afterwards, a bunch of niner fans who were at the game earlier came in looking dejected. The highlights including the post-game interview with Sherman kept playing on the tvs in the bar. An hour later, Sherman, Thomas, and a few others walk in and end up sitting at a table right next to all the 9er fans. You can imagine how all us Hawks fans were dying laughing as the 9er fans started realizing Richard Sherman was sitting right next to them and the replays of that INT and all the other plays he made that night kept playing over and over again on ESPN.

So awesome.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't expect sanctions. Was just saying how ironic it would be.

My problem with this is more what this does to our recruit Curtis and the rest of our recruiting cycle/class. It was already going to be thin and less than it could be with the coaching changes and now add an investigation and there are more reasons for them to pass on UW and go somewhere else.

Oh I'm not worried about recruiting, I have total confidence in Coach Pete, sure there isn't a lot of time, but he will get a good class put together, ( he's already started) and get these 15 kids.

I just want to see what the fallout is gonna be like with SC, there fans are tired of "bans" and "dishonest" people this could turn into like what Price had when he left to take over Alabama...

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be ironic if Oregon gets a slap on the wrist for paying to have players steered their way and UW gets something harsh for one coach paying to educate a recruit. Given how inconsistent the NCAA is anything is possible.

NCAA is pretty hard to figure out. I believe Tennessee is on their second 30+ class in the last four years, that's a lot of grey shirts.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So USC isn't even off sanctions yet and already they have a HC that is under investigations from their former school. And now UW is looking at some kind of penalty likely. If it is true Tosh is done in the Pac I would think. What a total dumb ass.

Exactly where did it say that Sark was being investigated. In fact, in the article I read in the L.A. Times today, it specifically states that no evidence of Sark being involved. David Roberts, USC's Vice-President for Athletic Compliance said: "We have no concerns about Steve's involvement".

The article is also pretty detailed about the allegations from Davis (the alleged "go-between") and Sarks name is never mentioned.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Okay I'm from the "old school" and I can not understand when a head coach can honestly admit he doesn't know what his coaches are doing with players or recruits...

So Sark should hire private investigators to follow his assistant coaches around?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wont fall on UW's program, its gonna land on Sark and his "new job".... NC2a isn't gonna keep blaming the programs but the coaches, its BS he's claiming he didn't know anything about that, please...

I know you really want this to be Sarks fault and fall on USC. If they allegations are true, they are on UW and Lupoi. The only way that USC would be effected is if Lupoi had been hired for USC's staff.

Even then, USC would likely just have to fire him.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly where did it say that Sark was being investigated. In fact, in the article I read in the L.A. Times today, it specifically states that no evidence of Sark being involved. David Roberts, USC's Vice-President for Athletic Compliance said: "We have no concerns about Steve's involvement".

The article is also pretty detailed about the allegations from Davis (the alleged "go-between") and Sarks name is never mentioned.
If you don't think Sark will be questioned and subject to any of the tomfoolery of the NCAA then I guess you didn't learn enough from the last set of BS sanctions your school got. :noidea: Under the new bylaws HC's are being held much more accountable and there is every reason to believe Sark will be questioned at the very least. If this was the only thing the NCAA digs up then I doubt Sark has anything to worry about. But ask yourself how likely it is that Lupoi would pick some random 3 star middle of the road athlete to suddenly spend $4,500 of his own money on to try and help him qualify. If he is actually guilty of this I think there is a very high likelihood that this wasn't isolated and if that is true expect a huge light to shine on Sark from the NCAA.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you really want this to be Sarks fault and fall on USC. If they allegations are true, they are on UW and Lupoi. The only way that USC would be effected is if Lupoi had been hired for USC's staff.

Even then, USC would likely just have to fire him.

You did see where the bylaws were amended this last year to put more on the head coaches and less on the schools right? If Tosh is guilty and it can be proven then both UW and Sark would face some sort of penalty and it would be more on Sark than it would have been prior to this year. I'd look into that new bylaw before you get all comfortable with Sark avoiding this. It really is a game changer.

How does it impact USC? If Sark faces anything significant then USC probably fires him and is on the road to looking for another coach again and all the instability that brings. You know the NCAA doesn't complete these investigations in anything that resembles a short time frame so that could come up months or years down the road.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think Sark will be questioned and subject to any of the tomfoolery of the NCAA then I guess you didn't learn enough from the last set of BS sanctions your school got. :noidea: Under the new bylaws HC's are being held much more accountable and there is every reason to believe Sark will be questioned at the very least. If this was the only thing the NCAA digs up then I doubt Sark has anything to worry about. But ask yourself how likely it is that Lupoi would pick some random 3 star middle of the road athlete to suddenly spend $4,500 of his own money on to try and help him qualify. If he is actually guilty of this I think there is a very high likelihood that this wasn't isolated and if that is true expect a huge light to shine on Sark from the NCAA.

Clearly you don't know as much as you think you do about the NCAA. It was already investigated by USC and USC has no concerns. Even if more were to be found and Sark was determined to have been involved, the only thing that would happen is he would have a "show cause" thrown on him.

If he were to get the "show cause" USC might have to fire him, but even that might not be the case because he was fired before any of these allegations came to light.

You can try to deflect this back on to USC all you want, but the plain fact is that if these allegations are true, it will be UW dealing with any sanctions, not USC.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you don't know as much as you think you do about the NCAA. It was already investigated by USC and USC has no concerns. Even if more were to be found and Sark was determined to have been involved, the only thing that would happen is he would have a "show cause" thrown on him.

If he were to get the "show cause" USC might have to fire him, but even that might not be the case because he was fired before any of these allegations came to light.

You can try to deflect this back on to USC all you want, but the plain fact is that if these allegations are true, it will be UW dealing with any sanctions, not USC.

Ok, so where in the message you replied to did I say USC would be on the hook for anything? I said clearly that the only way it would is they would end up firing Sark and have to deal with that instability while they find a new coach. So what are you going on about? :L

Oh, and...

Accountability and Penalties - NCAA.org

Penalties in the previous structure relied on whether the head coach knew of the violations or whether there was a “presumption of knowledge.” But under the new structure, rather than focus on knowledge or the presumption of it, the bylaw was amended to presume responsibility. Accordingly, if a violation occurs, the head coach is presumed responsible, and if he or she can’t overcome that presumption, charges will be forthcoming.

Since this is a new set of bylaws we do not have any precedent on how they interpret it. You may feel you know this code better than any of the rest of us, but I'll wait for the idiots who always seem to mess up the old laws to mess this up too.

Like it or not, if there is anything other than this incident uncovered Sark is going to face substantial penalties. Notice I DID NOT SAY USC ffs, I SAID COACH SARK. Clear enough?

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If USC has any reason at all to be confident about this, it's that the NCAA owes them a solid for already going way over the top on the punishment. It would be really hard for them to come down hard on Troy (via coming down hard on Sark) again now over shit that happened somewhere else after what they've already done.

Sort of funny to think about it, but can't see it happening. Not after they've played patty cake with every other rule violator since USC.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Sark should hire private investigators to follow his assistant coaches around?

No but I do fine it very hard that head coaches don't know this stuff goes on. Personally TF I don't want to see SC nor UW hit with anything, it wouldn't be fair to either school, I believe it should be on the head coaches. This wasn't a booster thing ( there I would say yes the school should get dinged) but when its one of your assistant coaches I have an issue with that....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this is true, it's rather short sighted.

I don't believe it for a minute.

However once again USC's Athletic Department sends a familiar message to the NCAA.....

10025.jpg

AND to all who are Speaking, Seeing and Hearing!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowls start tomorrow @ 11.

Get your pickems in.

UC Berkeley board. on PAC team page.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford needs to start showing this to recruits that are on the fence.
[YOUTUBE]Fgmr5dE8-lo[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.