• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]414146610570874880[/MEDIA]"][/ame]
No shock here. Only surprising thing is UCLA wasn't higher on his list given his ties to Jack. He was going to go to Oregon even if Sark didn't leave. With a coaching change there wasn't going to be any way he stayed home unless he had strong ties to UW and he doesn't.

It's fine with me if he wants to be part of the first duck class to lose 4 straight times to UW.

:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No shock here. Only surprising thing is UCLA wasn't higher on his list given his ties to Jack. He was going to go to Oregon even if Sark didn't leave. With a coaching change there wasn't going to be any way he stayed home unless he had strong ties to UW and he doesn't.

It's fine with me if he wants to be part of the first duck class to lose 4 straight times to UW.

:suds:

LOL - always the optimist and the Mariners will make the playoffs too - Seattle will go 100 days in a row w/o rain.

Last edited by a moderator:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think Sark will be questioned and subject to any of the tomfoolery of the NCAA then I guess you didn't learn enough from the last set of BS sanctions your school got. :noidea: Under the new bylaws HC's are being held much more accountable and there is every reason to believe Sark will be questioned at the very least. If this was the only thing the NCAA digs up then I doubt Sark has anything to worry about. But ask yourself how likely it is that Lupoi would pick some random 3 star middle of the road athlete to suddenly spend $4,500 of his own money on to try and help him qualify. If he is actually guilty of this I think there is a very high likelihood that this wasn't isolated and if that is true expect a huge light to shine on Sark from the NCAA.

And if it comes down with Sark's involvement, Haden will simpley just fire him, while not coaching one game for USC. I don't get what some folks think that USC will be part of the " fall out":lame:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if it comes down with Sark's involvement, Haden will simpley just fire him, while not coaching one game for USC. I don't get what some folks think that USC will be part of the " fall out":lame:

I realize I sort of bit TF's head off on this last night, but it's because of things like this. :gaah:

Nowhere am I saying USC would face any direct sanctions or penalties. NOWHERE and yet both of you keep on saying this post after post? I just don't get it. :noidea: Pretty sure I'm writing in English.

I've now said at least 5 times that if Lupoi is guilty AND they find more than just one case to go after that Sark would very much be in play and then said TWICE already that USC would fire him. So what the fuck are you two talking about?

I said the fallout for USC would be having to find another head coach. And 'while not coaching one game for USC'... really? Have you EVER seen the NCAA hand down punishments just a couple of months after first learning of a violation? If there is more to this than just a cup full of cash to a high school coach it will take a couple of years to come out in the wash. If it is nothing more than this there will be little that comes of it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Willingham to USC!!! He's the only man who can keep them clean.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize I sort of bit TF's head off on this last night, but it's because of things like this. :gaah:

Nowhere am I saying USC would face any direct sanctions or penalties. NOWHERE and yet both of you keep on saying this post after post? I just don't get it. :noidea: Pretty sure I'm writing in English.

I've now said at least 5 times that if Lupoi is guilty AND they find more than just one case to go after that Sark would very much be in play and then said TWICE already that USC would fire him. So what the fuck are you two talking about?

I said the fallout for USC would be having to find another head coach. And 'while not coaching one game for USC'... really? Have you EVER seen the NCAA hand down punishments just a couple of months after first learning of a violation? If there is more to this than just a cup full of cash to a high school coach it will take a couple of years to come out in the wash. If it is nothing more than this there will be little that comes of it.
Wiz, you're missing an angle here.

IF USC were to see the writing on the wall, they may make that change sooner than later.

They really can't afford more set backs and if getting the next HC to lead their program for the next 10 years is thawarted by an impeding NCAA action it may be prudent to cut ties now or cut bait if you will.

:noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC isn't going to get rid of Sark until there is a reason to and the way the NCAA works it's not likely anyone gets a feel for how it will go for at least a year.

Look, it's still possible there won't be anything that happens. If this is the only thing they find there likely isn't any way to prove it and it may go nowhere.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so where in the message you replied to did I say USC would be on the hook for anything? I said clearly that the only way it would is they would end up firing Sark and have to deal with that instability while they find a new coach. So what are you going on about? :L

Oh, and...

Accountability and Penalties - NCAA.org

Since this is a new set of bylaws we do not have any precedent on how they interpret it. You may feel you know this code better than any of the rest of us, but I'll wait for the idiots who always seem to mess up the old laws to mess this up too.

Like it or not, if there is anything other than this incident uncovered Sark is going to face substantial penalties. Notice I DID NOT SAY USC ffs, I SAID COACH SARK. Clear enough?

Read an article this morning that says Sark could be suspended if it turns out that he knew about this. Sark says that he did everything he could to promote an atmosphere of compliance.

Pat Haden was on the committee that developed those knew by-laws. Combining that with our VP of Athletic Compliance saying that USC isn't concerned about Sark being involved or having knowledge gives me confidence that Sark has nothing to worry about.

However, as you point out, we have to wait for the idiots who always seem to mess up the old by-laws to mess these up before we'll truly know.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but I do fine it very hard that head coaches don't know this stuff goes on. Personally TF I don't want to see SC nor UW hit with anything, it wouldn't be fair to either school, I believe it should be on the head coaches. This wasn't a booster thing ( there I would say yes the school should get dinged) but when its one of your assistant coaches I have an issue with that....

The article in the L.A. Times was pretty detailed in laying out the allegations. If things went down the way they are described in the article that I read, about the only way Sark could have known anything would be if he had been involved himself or hired a private investigator to follow Lupoi around.

One of the incidents involved a meeting at a restaurant where Davis got up to use the restroom, Lupoi follows him and tells him "When you get back to the table, the bag there is for you" and leaves. Davis gets back to the table and tucked in the seat he finds a brown paper bag with $3,000 worth of $100 bills in it.

How is Sark supposed to know about that?

Personally, I don't want to see any programs sanctioned either. But for you to think that a Head Coach is supposed to know what his players and coaches are doing 24/7 is pretty ridiculous, imo. I agree that head coaches have responsibility to know what's happening in their program, but there are limits to what they can know about and control.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Penn St. says Hi!! So does Ohio St.!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i have said a few times now TF, if things stay as they are Sark is safe and not much will happen to UW. At worst this is a level 3 offense. The question is do you honestly believe that if Lupoi is guilty of this that it was an isolated incident? I mean he suddenly decided to help a 3 star kid try to pass a test and it was the only time it has ever happened? That's the question you need to ask yourself.

I do love the confidence you have because Sark said he didn't know anything. :lol: Because you know he'd tell the truth if he did know right? :laugh3:

There is a reasonable chance that either they will find there isn't enough evidence or that it didn't happen. More likely the former than the latter. When you give cash to someone in a bag or cup they would have to subpoena his financial records to see if he took out money at that time and unless things have changed I don't believe the COI has subpoena power. Without proof Lupoi has that money the only thing they have is the word of one person. The parents are saying they never received any money.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i have said a few times now TF, if things stay as they are Sark is safe and not much will happen to UW. At worst this is a level 3 offense. The question is do you honestly believe that if Lupoi is guilty of this that it was an isolated incident? I mean he suddenly decided to help a 3 star kid try to pass a test and it was the only time it has ever happened? That's the question you need to ask yourself.

I do love the confidence you have because Sark said he didn't know anything. :lol: Because you know he'd tell the truth if he did know right? :laugh3:

There is a reasonable chance that either they will find there isn't enough evidence or that it didn't happen. More likely the former than the latter. When you give cash to someone in a bag or cup they would have to subpoena his financial records to see if he took out money at that time and unless things have changed I don't believe the COI has subpoena power. Without proof Lupoi has that money the only thing they have is the word of one person. The parents are saying they never received any money.

On Lupoi "helping" the kid: Yes, it's entirely possible that it was an isolated incident. Reggie Bush was an isolated incident. The NCAA investigated USC for over 4 years and found nothing else in the football program. So yes, it may well be an isolated incident.

You need to brush up on those comprehension skills of yours. Apparently you missed the part where USC has investigated this and has no concerns about Sarks involvement. So, it's not just a matter of believing Sark.

As far as your last paragraph: the article in the times says that the restaurant incident that I described happened on February 25th. Davis' bank statement shows a deposit of $3,000 on Feb. 26th. It also shows a transfer of $3,000 to his checking account on Feb. 27th and a check card charge of $2,999 to Kaplan-Precollege on March 1st. So, it will likely come down to Davis saying Lupoi gave him the money and Lupoi saying he didn't.

And yeah, as of now, it looks like Davis is the only one claiming something happened.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, we all read the entire article and are totally familiar with the details. And we heard from someone who interviewed the whistle blower as well as statements from lupoi and the student's mother. I assure you we are not uneducated on the details. This is why I said they would also need lupoi's bank statements that he indeed actually took that money out of his account to prove it. You aren't suggesting that the bank statements of the coach alone are going to be proof enough to warrant penalties are you? And you question my comprehension. When someone passes cash in a bag and a coffee cup you have to prove they actually put that money in those vessels do you not?

I was poking a bit of fun at you when you mentioned Sark's statement of innocence among the USC officials saying they weren't worried. Hence the laughing.

And you miss the point about the likelihood of this being a solo event. Bush was a major star. One understands boosters or even coaches fudging the boundries for big time players. That is the norm. Have you ever heard of someone getting a significant punishment for cheating on a no name average joe? If he was caught giving money to Budda Baker to coax him here or give money to Sankey for something that's a different matter. He personally gave cash to someone he doesn't know well on behalf of an average player of no major significance and it's an isolated even? Come now. You are smarter than that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you this though, Mamba and his ilk are sitting back reading these last several pages like football pron. After they laughed at Sark dumping UW and taking his 7 win seasons to USC someone comes out and accuses a UW coach of cheating and it *could* end up getting sark in hot water and now USC and UW fans are arguing over it on the board. The cake topper? The #1 player in the NW gives a verbal commit to Oregon just today.

The reason none of the ducks are posting today is they are all too busy :fap: over these events. They don't have any free hands to type.... the bastards!

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you this though, Mamba and his ilk are sitting back reading these last several pages like football pron. After they laughed at Sark dumping UW and taking his 7 win seasons to USC someone comes out and accuses a UW coach of cheating and it *could* end up getting sark in hot water and now USC and UW fans are arguing over it on the board. The cake topper? The #1 player in the NW gives a verbal commit to Oregon just today.

The reason none of the ducks are posting today is they are all too busy :fap: over these events. They don't have any free hands to type.... the bastards!

That's what they want you to think. Really they're all busy wondering if their program has plateaued and already on its way out leaving their "golden age" with no national championship. They pretended to laugh when Sark jumped the UW ship, but then they realized USC's minor upgrade led to UW's massive upgrade, and they're stuck with Helfrich.

As for the UW/possible USC drama. They know it's a non issue. They've seen first hand that the NCAA doesn't really care about recruiting violations anymore.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Lupoi "helping" the kid: Yes, it's entirely possible that it was an isolated incident. Reggie Bush was an isolated incident. The NCAA investigated USC for over 4 years and found nothing else in the football program. So yes, it may well be an isolated incident.

I bet you my law school debt that Tosh's payment to a mid tier 3 star DT was not an isolated incident nor was Reggie Bush an isolated incident. This is how college football functions. There is big money in college football and schools are willing to do what it takes to get the guys they think will help them win.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really has been an up and down month for UW. Sark ditching us for UW, then upgrading to Petersen, losing most of our recruits and now this whole Tosh thing.

I'm honestly just ready for next season already.

Status
Not open for further replies.