• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks clearly have the best team in the NFL but I have some sort of paranoia about declaring them "Superbowl bound" like a lot of Seahawk fans and the Seattle local media seems inclined to do. A lot of things can happen in the playoffs and I think it is arrogant to declare them Superbowl champions before the playoffs have even begun. I mean I would see the local news station talking about the Superbowl back in week 4. I have even heard people in public talking about the Seahawks to the Superbowl like it is already a done deal.

I actually prefer talking about the Seahawks outside of the Seattle board because I now feel like with the exception of a few people, the Seahawks boards have now become a massive circle jerk over our "greatness" instead of actual constructive conversations.

The thing I don't understand about Duck fans is having beat the Huskies 10 years in a row why do you care about UW anymore? I stopped caring about messing with 49ers fans after we beat them down in Seattle 2 years in a row.

Nike U. is like a Kayne West / Kardashian thing. They have to spend money and say reactionary stuff to bring attention to themselves.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I raise those questions up there all the time and don't feel like I get attacked over it. In fact I think more agree with your statement than you think. It is just 4-5 vociferous posters that make it feel like more are declaring them SB champs already. It's not really what you say, but how you say it that has gotten a few of their skirts ruffled up there from what I've seen. That's really the reason I spend more time in the college boards than the NFL board as they are way too easily offended up there.

I spend too much time out in public. It probably skews my perception of things. I hear people talking about the Seahawks on a regular basis and 99% of them don't even know as much as the least knowledgable poster on Sportshoopla.

It is kind of funny the amount of Seahawks players I have run into in Renton at The Landing and I was the only one to recognize them.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly. I'm sick to death about discussions about this boards policies and mod activity in this forum. This is a forum for other subject matter.

If you got legit reasons to feel your being attacked personally or wronged someway, take it to the communication channels setup for that purpose away from here. Don't ruin the vibe here.

While there is always an uptick this this stuff once the regular season is over and silly season starts for fans of a certain sport, we still got plenty of subject matter to discuss like bowls, PAC recruiting, and 2014 outlooks. February to summer is always a pretty painful time for football addicts as we go cold turkey, there is still always stuff to talk about. Don't let the boredom end up getting you banned for stupid crap.

P.S. Whoregon Ducks suck.

Well said man ! :10:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nike U. is like a Kayne West / Kardashian thing. They have to spend money and say reactionary stuff to bring attention to themselves.

Can proudly say I don't own any Nike products.

Right after I wrote that I figured I would double check, I'm currently wearing a pair of shorts that say Washington along the side of them and they are Nike. :L

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spend too much time out in public. It probably skews my perception of things. I hear people talking about the Seahawks on a regular basis and 99% of them don't even know as much as the least knowledgable poster on Sportshoopla.

It is kind of funny the amount of Seahawks players I have run into in Renton at The Landing and I was the only one to recognize them.

Alright lets take that talk over to the NFL boards, not on here, god knows you Hawks fans talk way to much about the regular season....:L

This is a college board thread....:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Fuc............

Coach who was on Sarkisian's staff at Washington under investigation

Huskies defensive line coach Tosh Lupoi is being investigated by USC and Washington over allegations that he paid for private tutoring for a recruit, a violation of NCAA rules. Sarkisian says he was unaware of alleged actions.

USC and Washington are investigating whether a football coach who worked under Steve Sarkisian at Washington violated NCAA rules by paying for private tutoring and online classes for a recruit.
The allegations surround the recruitment of Andrew Basham, a former defensive lineman at Lynnwood High in Washington, who signed a letter of intent with the Huskies last February but did not qualify academically to enroll.

Mike Davis, a throwing coach who helped Basham win a state shotput title, told The Times that Tosh Lupoi, Washington's defensive line coach, gave him $3,000 to cover private tutoring for Basham through a test preparation company. Davis said he also received $1,500 from Lupoi to reimburse Basham's father for online classes Andrew could use to raise his grade-point average.

NCAA rules prohibit universities from paying for a prospect's academic services. Head coaches are required to "promote an atmosphere of compliance" and are held responsible for the actions of assistant coaches and administrators who report, directly or indirectly, to them.

Lupoi did not return phone calls seeking interview requests for this story. Informed by text message that there were allegations he delivered cash on at least two occasions to a go-between to reimburse expenses for tutoring and online classes for Basham, Lupoi said in a text, "Well that's certainly false. I deny such allegations of violating NCAA rules w/ the recruitment of Andrew Basham."

David Roberts, USC's vice president for athletic compliance, said Lupoi was among the coaches Sarkisian listed as possible candidates to become Trojans assistants, and that all proposed candidates were vetted. USC's compliance office began investigating Lupoi last week after receiving a tip from someone who said Davis had been the middleman in a transaction between Lupoi and a recruit. The Times received a similar tip.
Roberts contacted Davis on Friday. After speaking with him and also with Sarkisian, Roberts said USC found no evidence that Sarkisian knew about the alleged activity. "We don't have concerns about Steve's involvement," Roberts said.

Sarkisian said he first learned of the situation when contacted by USC's compliance office. "When I was at Washington I did everything within my power to make sure we were 100% compliant in all NCAA and Pac-12 rules, and I'm going to operate the exact same way here at USC," Sarkisian said.

A USC person with knowledge of the process said Lupoi's chance of being hired by USC was now "less than zero."

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only people in the real world I talk sports with are coworkers and family so I don't see many of the dip shits I guess. :noidea:

I go to renton about once a week to get parts from Fry's. Wish I'd run into some of those seahawk players. I'd ask them for a hook up on the pot sources. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So USC isn't even off sanctions yet and already they have a HC that is under investigations from their former school. And now UW is looking at some kind of penalty likely. If it is true Tosh is done in the Pac I would think. What a total dumb ass.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Fuc............

Coach who was on Sarkisian's staff at Washington under investigation

Huskies defensive line coach Tosh Lupoi is being investigated by USC and Washington over allegations that he paid for private tutoring for a recruit, a violation of NCAA rules. Sarkisian says he was unaware of alleged actions.

USC and Washington are investigating whether a football coach who worked under Steve Sarkisian at Washington violated NCAA rules by paying for private tutoring and online classes for a recruit.
The allegations surround the recruitment of Andrew Basham, a former defensive lineman at Lynnwood High in Washington, who signed a letter of intent with the Huskies last February but did not qualify academically to enroll.

Mike Davis, a throwing coach who helped Basham win a state shotput title, told The Times that Tosh Lupoi, Washington's defensive line coach, gave him $3,000 to cover private tutoring for Basham through a test preparation company. Davis said he also received $1,500 from Lupoi to reimburse Basham's father for online classes Andrew could use to raise his grade-point average.

NCAA rules prohibit universities from paying for a prospect's academic services. Head coaches are required to "promote an atmosphere of compliance" and are held responsible for the actions of assistant coaches and administrators who report, directly or indirectly, to them.

Lupoi did not return phone calls seeking interview requests for this story. Informed by text message that there were allegations he delivered cash on at least two occasions to a go-between to reimburse expenses for tutoring and online classes for Basham, Lupoi said in a text, "Well that's certainly false. I deny such allegations of violating NCAA rules w/ the recruitment of Andrew Basham."

David Roberts, USC's vice president for athletic compliance, said Lupoi was among the coaches Sarkisian listed as possible candidates to become Trojans assistants, and that all proposed candidates were vetted. USC's compliance office began investigating Lupoi last week after receiving a tip from someone who said Davis had been the middleman in a transaction between Lupoi and a recruit. The Times received a similar tip.
Roberts contacted Davis on Friday. After speaking with him and also with Sarkisian, Roberts said USC found no evidence that Sarkisian knew about the alleged activity. "We don't have concerns about Steve's involvement," Roberts said.

Sarkisian said he first learned of the situation when contacted by USC's compliance office. "When I was at Washington I did everything within my power to make sure we were 100% compliant in all NCAA and Pac-12 rules, and I'm going to operate the exact same way here at USC," Sarkisian said.

A USC person with knowledge of the process said Lupoi's chance of being hired by USC was now "less than zero."

:L Okay I'm from the "old school" and I can not understand when a head coach can honestly admit he doesn't know what his coaches are doing with players or recruits...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks for coach Pete.

Hope its nothing Fuskies.

I would rather the Ducks keep beating your team while not on sanctions.

Hopefully you get the warm breath on the wrist like Oregon did.

I refuse to call Oregon's penalties a slap on the wrist as that would be to harsh a phrase.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I refuse to call Oregon's penalties a slap on the wrist as that would be to harsh a phrase.

It wont fall on UW's program, its gonna land on Sark and his "new job".... NC2a isn't gonna keep blaming the programs but the coaches, its BS he's claiming he didn't know anything about that, please...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wont fall on UW's program, its gonna land on Sark and his "new job".... NC2a isn't gonna keep blaming the programs but the coaches, its BS he's claiming he didn't know anything about that, please...

How are they going to penalize Sark without hurting the program? Fines?

The big concern here for us is if this is the tip of the iceberg. The NCAA is coming.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be ironic if Oregon gets a slap on the wrist for paying to have players steered their way and UW gets something harsh for one coach paying to educate a recruit. Given how inconsistent the NCAA is anything is possible.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be ironic if Oregon gets a slap on the wrist for paying to have players steered their way and UW gets something harsh for one coach paying to educate a recruit. Given how inconsistent the NCAA is anything is possible.

It's not 1999, you said it your self, "Oregon got a slap" its the new NCAA, no reason to push the panic button just yet, this is breaking news and the NCAA takes a year to make a move, and honestly I don't see them hammering UW... My opinion of course....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is the kid never got enrolled at UW. But we could still be on the hook for some of the fallout of this.

But USC has got to be worried, especially with them currently still under NCAA sanctions. The new NCAA 4-tier penalty structure installed this year puts the responsibility on the head coaches a lot more for their sins and the sins of their assistants.

"A head coach is presumed responsible for major/Level I and Level II violations (e.g. academic fraud, recruiting inducements) occurring within his or her program unless the coach can show that he or she promoted an atmosphere of compliance and monitored his or her staff."

Any coach who is found responsible for the most serious violations under those guidelines will be subject to an entire-season suspension, according to the document.

Football coaches can face suspension for violations such as holding 7-on-7 on campus or providing written scholarship offers before Aug. 1 of a prospect's senior year.

In both cases, the head coach could be suspended for violations committed by his assistants.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No your not man, I was just teasing, I'm jealous cause I didn't take my career in your field that deep, had prof's telling me to do it, but I couldn't wear the "suit " every day back then...

I was joking as well. I actually think being able to wear a suit is the best part. Never gets old to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.