• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what they want you to think. Really they're all busy wondering if their program has plateaued and already on its way out leaving their "golden age" with no national championship. They pretended to laugh when Sark jumped the UW ship, but then they realized USC's minor upgrade led to UW's massive upgrade, and they're stuck with Helfrich.

As for the UW/possible USC drama. They know it's a non issue. They've seen first hand that the NCAA doesn't really care about recruiting violations anymore.

To make matters worse, Ducks always claimed Petersen was their "coach in waiting" and he was going to be their next coach after Kelly left. Poor deluded Verucas continue to claim Helfrich was always there #1 choice when Show cause Kelly bailed. Petersen turned them down cold. Then when UW calls, he's signing within a week. Talk about a nightmare scenario. The guy responsible for a pair of the Ducks most humiliating losses in the Uncle Phil's wallet era. Now he's at UW and the Ducks can't street agent / longest yard themselves to BCS quality for at least the next couple recruit classes. Poor Verucas.

But I don't completely agree with that statement that the NCAA doesn't care about recruiting violations anymore. Nike U.'s show cause and probation was related to getting caught buying players. And the probation is designed to force them to clean up the longest yard rosters Kelly recruited. But at the same time, recruiting issues are not the #1 with the NCAA. The things that really get you hammered is the violations that occur with players on your teams and coaches. Unless of course your part of tSEC. Then you can do whatever you want and the NCAA shrugs.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make matters worse, Ducks always claimed Petersen was their "coach in waiting" and he was going to be their next coach after Kelly left. Poor deluded Verucas continue to claim Helfrich was always there #1 choice when Show cause Kelly bailed. Petersen turned them down cold. Then when UW calls, he's signing within a week. Talk about a nightmare scenario. The guy responsible for a pair of the Ducks most humiliating losses in the Uncle Phil's wallet era. Now he's at UW and the Ducks can't street agent / longest yard themselves to BCS quality for at least the next couple recruit classes. Poor Verucas.

But I don't completely agree with that statement that the NCAA doesn't care about recruiting violations anymore. Nike U.'s show cause and probation was related to getting caught buying players. And the probation is designed to force them to clean up the longest yard rosters Kelly recruited. But at the same time, recruiting issues are not the #1 with the NCAA. The things that really get you hammered is the violations that occur with players on your teams and coaches. Unless of course your part of tSEC. Then you can do whatever you want and the NCAA shrugs.

Just more n more n more n more jelly everyday :lol:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't want to see any programs sanctioned either. But for you to think that a Head Coach is supposed to know what his players and coaches are doing 24/7 is pretty ridiculous, imo. I agree that head coaches have responsibility to know what's happening in their program, but there are limits to what they can know about and control.

I'm not saying a head coach has to know what his players are doing 24/7, though I am saying a head coach knows just exactly what is going on with a recruit and his staff. Now if that assistant decides to drive through Taco Bell at 11 o'clock buck ass naked to show off his nakedness then he's on his own, but when it comes to the program and recruits and how its handled to me is the direct supervision of the head coach.

I'm not saying this cause its Sark, I think deep down this was the best swap of coaches for both programs and there gonna both succeed with there new programs...

We disagree on this certain topic TF, that's ok cause its a clean version for this board and that's what's designed for or personal opinions. :suds:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you this though, Mamba and his ilk are sitting back reading these last several pages like football pron. After they laughed at Sark dumping UW and taking his 7 win seasons to USC someone comes out and accuses a UW coach of cheating and it *could* end up getting sark in hot water and now USC and UW fans are arguing over it on the board. The cake topper? The #1 player in the NW gives a verbal commit to Oregon just today.

The reason none of the ducks are posting today is they are all too busy :fap: over these events. They don't have any free hands to type.... the bastards!

that and I am a Christmas Homer.....

busy busy. ANd most of my time has been spent on the staff forum... lots of bidness going on lately.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you missed it the Cougs pulled off a classic coug'n it moment and lost a game they led by 15 with under 4 mins to go on THREE FUMBLES late. Sorry for our coug brothers, but what a hell of a way to kick off bowl season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you missed it the Cougs pulled off a classic coug'n it moment and lost a game they led by 15 with under 4 mins to go on THREE FUMBLES late. Sorry for our coug brothers, but what a hell of a way to kick off bowl season.

I'm actually embarrassed for them. Crazy finish

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow . The Cougs do it again. Ahead most of the game, they pull a text book "Coug'd it" in the 4th.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. That was a fun game. :laugh3:

Time to go do something more constructive than watching WSU lose, again.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, reports on twitter that leach walked right past the WSU post game show and skipped the media after the game. I can only imagine what is going through his mind about now.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC insiders are claiming Clay Helton will be retained by the new staff and will be taking a similar OC/QBs coach role at USC with Sark.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]414534195260567552[/MEDIA]"][/ame]
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]414535287063056384[/MEDIA]"][/ame]
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]414546948666830848[/MEDIA]"][/ame]
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]414547319384588291[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know it was so hard for Huard to not say something like "this is where the term 'couged it' comes from."

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings PAC12ers.

It has been forever since I have been on, and this will most likely be my last hurrah. There has been a lot going on in my household (all good stuff) and a change in careers (again, very good) have kept me way too busy to get on the hoop.

I am very happy to announce that my baby girl was born on December 18th at 3am. Avery is her name. She was born about 6 weeks early, but completely natural. She was just ready to come out and extremely impatient, like me. My wife is a complete rock-star and made it through like a champ. I am so proud of her.

Avery is doing great, she will be in the NICU for a few weeks for monitoring, but as soon as she gets cleared, she will come home. So far she has passed every test with flying colors and looks perfect and rests comfortably. The only time she gets upset is when she sees purple and gold, or the nurse with the Beaver scrubs changes her. LOL. I brought in a green and yellow blanket that my Mother made and she loves it. I also hung a picture of Kenny Wheaton's pick over her crib so she can learn early about rivalries why we don't have a dog. These things are important in the first few days of life, you know?

I have enjoyed my time on the hoop, and I am sure many of you don't feel the same about me, I enjoyed going back and forth with you. After all, it is just sports right?

Take care everyone, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas and all of that.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is darling and I cant wait to hold her.

Your Godfather is waiting in the wings to hold you Avery.

Give her a kiss on the cheek for me.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]414566085447274497[/MEDIA]"][/ame]
lol. Someone needs to teach herbie what coug'n it means.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many are calling that the worst collapse they have ever seen. Is that even the worst example of coug'n it that WSU has done? :noidea:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell did Leach even allow the kickoff to be returned?

The "Pirate from the Polouse" GOT rear ended @ the end...RRRRRRRR MATEY! They will NEVER live this loss down, at least for a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.