• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just in case any of you missed this:
7VHPHmy.gif

Is This Colorado State Coach Calling The WSU QB A "Fucking Faggot"?
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]414640858999185408[/MEDIA]"][/ame]
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]414641182182866944[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

So the assistant coach can clearly be seen saying "Fuck you you fucking faggot" and has apologized for it.

Not only was this one of the worst coug'd it moment to open the bowl season, but we also have more gifts under this holiday tree (or is that halliday's tree).

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have called him a fag as well. Runnin up in my grill like that. sheeit....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have called him a fag as well. Runnin up in my grill like that. sheeit....

Would you accept your babysitter going off on your kid just because your kid was out of line?

These are college coaches. Suck it up and be an adult. You don't hurl insults at them like that and I don't give two fucks what they said or did.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, never heard of asking someone to pay $400,000 for the pleasure of taking a job. Crazy.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, never heard of asking someone to pay $400,000 for the pleasure of taking a job. Crazy.

Oh how the times have changed at USC. Guess getting blasted by the NCAA has made even their bagmen alums nervous about throwing money around at recruits, players, and the coaches.

Can imagine this is what's holding up the Wilcox situation as well. His buyout is 1 mil.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you accept your babysitter going off on your kid just because your kid was out of line?

These are college coaches. Suck it up and be an adult. You don't hurl insults at them like that and I don't give two fucks what they said or did.

Comparing a babysitter watching my 10 year old and 18 month old is much different than comparing a 21 year old 6'4" football player getting in my grill for no reason.

Trash talk is fine but you Haliday got in that imaginary "too close dude" space.

I know its football, and I understand the coach should be held to a higher standards. But Haliday had a cussing out coming with that move.

Someone should start a thread on that and see what the public thinks. It would be interesting to get opinions on it.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With last year's game and yesterday's game the New Mexico Bowl just became one of my favorite bowls.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trash talk is fine but you Haliday got in that imaginary "too close dude" space.

I know its football, and I understand the coach should be held to a higher standards. But Haliday had a cussing out coming with that move..

:agree: That clip doesn't show what was said by Haliday prior to the coach saying what he did. Yes coach should have just turned away, but it is football, and yes it can be a heated game at times...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing a babysitter watching my 10 year old and 18 month old is much different than comparing a 21 year old 6'4" football player getting in my grill for no reason.

I know its football, and I understand the coach should be held to a higher standards. But Haliday had a cussing out coming with that move.

Someone should start a thread on that and see what the public thinks. It would be interesting to get opinions on it.

Coaches are supposed to be adult leaders and role models for student athletes. It isn't just that he reacted to a student athlete that is the question here. It is should a school take any sort of drastic action for saying "fuck you you fucking faggot" to a student athlete and having that be caught on video and displayed across the college football world? What would other posters on this site say? Probably a lot would say he had it coming. Mostly kids on this site as it is. Doesn't make it right.

Should that coach be fired for it? Probably not. I'm sure some schools would given how toxic the use of the word faggot is these days, but he should face some stiff punishment in my opinion. You can say he was justified for his actions because Halliday was in his face all you want and maybe that's an Oregon thing, but I would expect more from our coaching staff. Calling him a fucking faggot is simply unacceptable to me.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC Trojans to keep Clay Helton as OC, pursue Ed Orgeron - ESPN Los Angeles

Did not feel like starting a thread on this so I would post it here. USC Wants to retain Ed Orgeron. I think this is a really idiotic move by Sark. Why do I say that?

The USC players played hard under Ed Orgeron and likely recognize him as their head coach. Having him back in an assistant role could cause some leadership and control problems in USC. You have to imagine there would be a lot of USC players who would feel their loyalty is with Orgeron and not Sark, which could cause problems.

IMO Orgeron got fucked over by USC and I hope he doesn't take the job, but if he does take it I think it could cause some power struggles within the USC locker room.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did not feel like starting a thread on this so I would post it here. USC Wants to retain Ed Orgeron. I think this is a really idiotic move by Sark. Why do I say that?

The USC players played hard under Ed Orgeron and likely recognize him as their head coach. Having him back in an assistant role could cause some leadership and control problems in USC. You have to imagine there would be a lot of USC players who would feel their loyalty is with Orgeron and not Sark, which could cause problems.

IMO Orgeron got fucked over by USC and I hope he doesn't take the job, but if he does take it I think it could cause some power struggles within the USC locker room.

I disagree for 4 reasons:

1.) It was always USC's intention to attempt to keep Coach O if he didn't get the job. The only reason Coach O left was because he resigned. USC wanted to keep him. Had Coach O not resigned, whoever the incoming coach was, it would have been made clear that Coach O was to be retained.

2.) Coach O doesn't really have much ego and is used to being an assistant at USC and would have no issue with deferring to Sark. A great 8 game run won't change that. Coach O has ALWAYS put the kids and the program first, I don't see any reason why that would change.

3.) Coach O knows the players and perhaps even more important, the recruits that USC is trying to get. If Sark can convince Coach O to come back, you can combine that with the fact that most of those recruits were also being recruited by Sark when he was at Washington.

4.) The players aren't stupid and will know who the head coach is. If there is any confusion, it is likely that Coach O himself would be the one to set them straight.

Also, Coach O was not screwed over by USC. He was already among the highest paid assistants in cfb and would have likely been THE highest paid assistant had he not resigned. The game vs. UCLA showed exactly why Coach O was not the right person the our head coach. It became apparent early in that game that the emotion the players had been feeding off of had faded. The game came down to in game coaching and adjustments and sad to say, Coach O was badly outcoached by Mora.

Hiring Coach O would have been emotion based (I was caught up in it until the UCLA game too) and would have been wrong.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did not feel like starting a thread on this so I would post it here. USC Wants to retain Ed Orgeron. I think this is a really idiotic move by Sark. Why do I say that? .

Cause it would be a "runners up " move since the whole nation knows now that Tosh Sark's recruiting god is under investigation so trying to lure coach Orgeron back to the place where he basicly told them to piss off looks a little, well foolish?

Is that what your saying?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause it would be a "runners up " move since the whole nation knows now that Tosh Sark's recruiting god is under investigation so trying to lure coach Orgeron back to the place where he basicly told them to piss off looks a little, well foolish?

Is that what your saying?

It's also possible that Sark had intended to keep Coach O on staff and that Coach O resigning is why the possibility of bringing in Lupoi was even on the table. We don't know for certain if Lupoi was ever offered. I think we all heard the rumors and assumed that negotiating the buyout was the reason for the delay.

And yes, I saw the tweet that was posted earlier. A tweet siting and unnamed source means nothing as far as what actually happened or was discussed.

If tweets siting unnamed sources are to be believed, then I guess Saban really must be going to Texas for $10 million per year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While Wiz's babysitter example may have been a reach and a good bit over the top, he is correct that what the CSU coach did was entirely unacceptable.

Even if all he said was "fuck you", the coach was already over the line. Adding "you fucking faggot" makes it that much worse (especially in today's politically correct world).

If the kid was out of line, it's his coaches job to set him straight, not the opposing coach. I'm not sure the coach should be fired, but he should definitely receive a pretty steep fine and/or suspension.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW continues to "reap the benefits of Sarks work" as he proceedes to invite our QB commit to the LV bowl and flips him to USC. Way to go Sark. We're all feeling the raping *cough* reaping you talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.