• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4D so do you think Hightower will become a NFL stud?
I saw a couple weeks back Pat's fans bitchin about his play so far, I haven't seen much on him....

He's a rookie and has played well most of the season. He will work out fine, doesn't have the attitude problems of McClain.

People bitching about him over 1 game are just being fans who need something to bitch about.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Marijuanavich

Huge fail with that one, talk about a dad leading his son down a path that was destined for failure....

Then again it couldve been the beat down he got when he came up here to Seattle, I was up close for that serious beating he took on the field that day....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a rookie and has played well most of the season. He will work out fine, doesn't have the attitude problems of McClain.

People bitching about him over 1 game are just being fans who need something to bitch about.

Just realized it's his 2nd year.

Damn time flies.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else catch the 30 for 30 on ESPN tonight about Maurice Clarett?

With that, list the one player that your program had that never "panned out" that could have been a stud in the NFL???

Ryan Torain. The one week he was healthy he won offensive player of the week but he was always injured.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big name Ducks that havent panned out in the NFL.... hmmmm Where do I even start?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent been to the main CFB board yet so might be :badmin: probably is....

But Duck CB Troy Hill was arrested and kicked off team. Choking somebody or some sech.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Duck CB Troy Hill was arrested and kicked off team. Choking somebody or some sech.

I'm sure Phil Knight will buy his way back.

Just kidding. My brain is drained after that post on the Drake Equation and aliens.

Sort of wanted to make a "What color was Adam and Eve?" Thread but after the thread I made last night I have to imagine I'm sort of walking a thin line and would rather not make any thread that seems even remotely troll worthy for a while.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt any Pac 12 coach gets the Texas job or even offered. Texas will wait for Jimbo Fisher and then have plenty of solid fall back options.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is going to want someone who knows the Midwest and can play the Texas recruiting game. They might also look at NFL coaches and assistants as well.

Mike Riley is like the elder statesmans of PAC coaches right now. Most of the coaches have only been on the job for 2 years so far.

It will be interesting to see who it ends up being, but watch it end up being someone most haven't talked about yet.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is going to want someone who knows the Midwest and can play the Texas recruiting game. They might also look at NFL coaches and assistants as well.

Mike Riley is like the elder statesmans of PAC coaches right now. Most of the coaches have only been on the job for 2 years so far.

It will be interesting to see who it ends up being, but watch it end up being someone most haven't talked about yet.

Graham? Alummni wouldn't let his contract go through so I know that's a fact. I love how ESPN talks about Jim Mora from UCLA over Graham probably just LA market bias shit. Neither Mora or Graham are proven winners for the Texas job, even though Graham would be a hell of a fit for the job, but not a proven winner and the texting players and the numbers of times hes left programs.......... Texas wants a proven mid west guy. I could still see Shaw leaving.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw is one of those guys whose name is starting to come up for NFL gigs, so he's got a lot of people's interest.

But he really seems to be happy and thriving at Stanford. I don't think he would leave to Texas at this point. Stanford had a system in place now that allows them to compete at a high level, but with Ivy League academics. They found the sweet spot to not be a doormat. It's working well.

I think Texas is in a situation where the expectations can't deal with reality. They want someone who has major cred, but there is so much political gaga that comes with that job, that many without serious longterm HC experience can't handle it.

I think the reason Moras name is mentioned is because he's got NFL creds and connections, but also proved he can recruit at the college level and get impressive results on the field. That's rare. Plus he brings a level of toughness that UCLA hasn't seen in a long time.

Texas is craving an infusion of NFL style toughness in the worst way. Mack's teams lately have been soft on both sides of the ball.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw is one of those guys whose name is starting to come up for NFL gigs, so he's got a lot of people's interest.

But he really seems to be happy and thriving at Stanford. I don't think he would leave to Texas at this point. Stanford had a system in place now that allows them to compete at a high level, but with Ivy League academics. They found the sweet spot to not be a doormat. It's working well.

I think Texas is in a situation where the expectations can't deal with reality. They want someone who has major cred, but there is so much political gaga that comes with that job, that many without serious longterm HC experience can't handle it.

I think the reason Moras name is mentioned is because he's got NFL creds and connections, but also proved he can recruit at the college level and get impressive results on the field. That's rare. Plus he brings a level of toughness that UCLA hasn't seen in a long time.

Texas is craving an infusion of NFL style toughness in the worst way. Mack's teams lately have been soft on both sides of the ball.

Outside the academics, I don't think Stanford should have much trouble at all recruiting. The area is awesome, personally I'd rather live in that area over USC or anywhere else in the Pac12.

USC might have a slight advantage with hot chicks, but plenty to go around in the bay. And the immediate area of Stanford isn't always the best, but for someone staying the dorms with a car - not an issue at all.

Also wouldn't be much wonder if Shaw did stay.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge fail with that one, talk about a dad leading his son down a path that was destined for failure....

Then again it couldve been the beat down he got when he came up here to Seattle, I was up close for that serious beating he took on the field that day....

I remember that game. Afterwards he said: "All I saw was purple. No numbers. Just purple"!!:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he related to Latrell Sprewell?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]413085468138295296[/MEDIA]"][/ame]
So Florida has the worst offense they have fielded in decades and UW scoops up their fired OC. :L

I mean I have no problems giving coach Petersen the benefit of the doubt, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz Florida tried to hire our ASU OC Norvell a good young play caller but you can tell hes young especially some of his calls like the goal line run vs Stanford.............

I mean if Norvell is better in Brent Pease than I dont think its a great hire..............

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of PAC12 recruiting activity this week leading up to the NCAA mandated freeze period over the holidays where coaches cannot visit or contact recruits.

Petersen's got to work and landed his first three UW commits starting this week.

S Darren Gardenhire
QB Jalen Greene
S Jospeh McIntosh

Rest of the PAC:

ASU:

DE Renell Wren
OT Quinn Bailey (huge flip for ASU to keep this local as he was considered a lock for Oregon)

WSU:

OLB Hercules Mata'afa (Lahaina, HI) (Leach is doing great with the islands pipeline)

Colorado:

OT Josh Kaiser
OT Michael Mathewes

With some schools near or at the max for their class sizes for 2014 already like:

Arizona 27
ASU 24
USC 14
Oregon State 20
Colorado 20

Expect lots more activity as Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, WSU, Utah, Cal, and Washington in January to complete their classes. Many of the top players out west still haven't committed to a school yet, and few more flips will likely occur.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Florida has the worst offense they have fielded in decades and UW scoops up their fired OC. :L

I mean I have no problems giving coach Petersen the benefit of the doubt, but still.

Florida was gutted by injuries and dysfunction this past year. He was the OC at Boise during 2006-11 and they had some of their most prolific offensive performances during that time period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.