• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez Dad!! Quit bugging me about my homework, I have 'til like Friday!!:lol:

Btw, the above is a direct quote from my 16 year old son, not 15 minutes ago.

I'm sure he'll regain consciousness soon!!:laugh3:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else catch the 30 for 30 on ESPN tonight about Maurice Clarett?

With that, list the one player that your program had that never "panned out" that could have been a stud in the NFL???

Not from my program but Aaron Curry. Back then I spent a lot of time watching film on college prospects and writing scouting reports on them for fun. Curry was the best linebacker I had ever scouted on film, still honestly would probably be. He had great size, strength, speed, instincts, could rush the passer reasonably well, played well in coverage, rarely missed a tackle, always took great angles, textbook hand use, excellent at the point of attack, shed blocks really well. The only thing you could have disliked about him in college was that he was no DeMarcus Ware rushing the passer. He projected as a Takeo Spikes or Keith Bulluck type. At worst just an above average linebacker. With Curry's natural ability it seemed ridiculous to think he could be anything below average in the NFL.

Yet in the NFL despite all that talent he couldn't get off blocks, was terrible in coverage, took bad angles and frequently over-ran plays.

EDIT: Nevermind misunderstood the question. Curry was an excellent NCAA linebacker, was mostly just talking about him as an NFL bust.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell him to get his butt in his room and come up with his bowl picks, what the hell is the matter with that boy TF? He needs to get his shit together....

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of the rest of you going to put in your bowl pick'ems in the thread on the Cal board? Or is it just going to be 4 of us? :noidea:

Geez Dad!! Quit bugging me about my homework, I have 'til like Friday!!:lol:

How the hell does one FIND the Cal board anywhoze?

Why aint this "pick em" sucka on THIS board where a snob like myself cann FIND IT?

Could someone do the "leg werk" for a puter hack like myself and pull the thread and location up for me...I'd be happy to respond with my WINNAH SELECTIONS for ya.:whistle:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Throughout my academic career my policy was always "Do the least amount possible required to get an A"

Typically this required procrastination and putting homework/studying/projects off until the last minute. I turned out just great :lol:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from my program but Aaron Curry. Back then I spent a lot of time watching film on college prospects and writing scouting reports on them for fun. Curry was the best linebacker I had ever scouted on film, still honestly would probably be. He had great size, strength, speed, instincts, could rush the passer reasonably well, played well in coverage, rarely missed a tackle, always took great angles, textbook hand use, excellent at the point of attack, shed blocks really well. The only thing you could have disliked about him in college was that he was no DeMarcus Ware rushing the passer. He projected as a Takeo Spikes or Keith Bulluck type. At worst just an above average linebacker. With Curry's natural ability it seemed ridiculous to think he could be anything below average in the NFL.

Yet in the NFL despite all that talent he couldn't get off blocks, was terrible in coverage, took bad angles and frequently over-ran plays.

EDIT: Nevermind misunderstood the question. Curry was an excellent NCAA linebacker, was mostly just talking about him as an NFL bust.

Didn't the Hawks draft him?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from my program but Aaron Curry. Back then I spent a lot of time watching film on college prospects and writing scouting reports on them for fun..

On another site, there was about five or six of us on a Philly board and every year we would come up with our own big board and break tape down, ( I seriously miss doing that) It's amazing how doing that stuff can grow you knowledge of the game.....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that is why I brought it up.

I was beyond ecstatic when he fell to the Seahawks. It was widely expected the Chiefs would select him. To this day I cannot fathom how he busted so hard.

Back then there was wild speculation the Seahawks would take Mark Sanchez. If Curry did not fall to us, we might have selected him. If we would have picked Sanchez, he likely would have sat behind Hasselbeck until the 2010 season which means the Seahawks would likely have not selected Russell Wilson a few years later in the 3rd round.

Thinking about it now, Aaron Curry falling to the Seahawks may have been the best piece of luck we have had in years. If we did not select him, we would have probably selected Sanchez.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that is why I brought it up.

I was beyond ecstatic when he fell to the Seahawks. It was widely expected the Chiefs would select him. To this day I cannot fathom how he busted so hard.

Sometimes I honestly feel its the "system" there playing in that can make certain player thrive.....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another site, there was about five or six of us on a Philly board and every year we would come up with our own big board and break tape down, ( I seriously miss doing that) It's amazing how doing that stuff can grow you knowledge of the game.....

Yeah we would pretty much do that on the Seahawks board. Back when I had more time I spent countless hours scouting players and writing up my own reports on them. It was a lot of fun. When you do that it makes you have a bit more respect for GMs missing out on picks. There are some guys who look like they have everything they need to be dominant NFL players who just don't make it in the NFL. Curry being one of them.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I honestly feel its the "system" there playing in that can make certain player thrive.....

Well with defensive players it is more difficult for a system to make a player thrive. Curry was a guy who before going to the NFL looked like he could have played MLB, SLB, WLB in the 4-3 or ILB/OLB in the 3-4, that was how athletically gifted he was. Plus a lot of times you see linebackers with great athletic ability who either cannot tackle well or have some other flaw, there was honestly no flaw in Curry's game which just made it so much more strange that he busted in the NFL.

The only thing he lacked was the ability to be a double digit sack player. He had all the makings of a Keith Bulluck type player on the field.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L tell him to quit texting the little hottie from 3rd period and get it done.... Give him the Micky speech, "women weaking legs!"

:laugh3: He'd know exactly what I was talking about too. Rocky is one of his favorite movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.