• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the results from last weeks pickem ever get posted, and did the list for this weeks get posted?

neither.

I am burned out on posting results.

I will post odds this evening.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on the USC/Stanford game (I know you care.:lol:) Is this: Stanford should win the game, but USC has a great shot.

USC is just as, if not more talented 1-22 as Stanford. However, because of the sanctions and injuries, Stanford has more depth than USC. In USC's favor is the fact that the team is playing well and having fun, we have more overall speed and the game is at the Coliseum.

Stanford has more depth, more experience and is the most disciplned team in the league, if not all of cfb. They do what they do and they never waiver.

Stanford has a penchant for playing close games. As badly as they outplayed Oregon, it was still a 1 possession game. If the game were 2 minutes longer or Oregon gets that 2nd onside kick, they may very well have won the game.

If the game is close in the 4th quarter, it could come down to one of USC's athletes making a play to decide the game.

TF12, well put. My faith is on Stanford running the power up the gut early and often. With the depleted USC numbers if LSJU can maintain at least a 1.5:1 TOP advantage I expect the USC D to wear down by the mid 3rd quarter.

My guess is it is close, possibly with USC leading at the half, then Stanford's power runs start to pick up bigger and bigger chunks of ground by the mid 3rd qtr. I am thinking Stanford 30 USC 24.

Then again, the way Hogan had played on the road this year, it could quite easily be Under Stanford Control with the win.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on the USC/Stanford game (I know you care.:lol:) Is this: Stanford should win the game, but USC has a great shot.

USC is just as, if not more talented 1-22 as Stanford. However, because of the sanctions and injuries, Stanford has more depth than USC. In USC's favor is the fact that the team is playing well and having fun, we have more overall speed and the game is at the Coliseum.

Stanford has more depth, more experience and is the most disciplned team in the league, if not all of cfb. They do what they do and they never waiver.

Stanford has a penchant for playing close games. As badly as they outplayed Oregon, it was still a 1 possession game. If the game were 2 minutes longer or Oregon gets that 2nd onside kick, they may very well have won the game.

If the game is close in the 4th quarter, it could come down to one of USC's athletes making a play to decide the game.

What you say is right on but the real difference is pacing the sidelines, always calm, always assured and always in control, the best coach in CFB IMO.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think WSU is that bad, really. They are a few pieces away from being a good team.

I know, a new coach is piece they are away from not being a laughing stock.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, a new coach is piece they are away from not being a laughing stock.

I haven't been following them very closely as I am sure you have. Leach has never been known for having a defense. So you're probably right.

As Stanford has clearly proven, a strong defense can win your league for you. And some BCS bowl games as well.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a couple coaches in this conference care about defense. Rich Rod and Leach are just going after offensive juggernauts. Rich Rod is famous for signing defensive in state JC players. And using his other scholarships to go after high rated offensive players. Same thing with Leach. Neither care for defense. The teams that do care for defense will be the teams that have a legit shot to win the Pac 12 year in and year out.

Rich Rod and Leach will get no more than 8 wins in the Pac 12 if they continue to recruit this way.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a couple coaches in this conference care about defense. Rich Rod and Leach are just going after offensive juggernauts. Rich Rod is famous for signing defensive in state JC players. And using his other scholarships to go after high rated offensive players. Same thing with Leach. Neither care for defense. The teams that do care for defense will be the teams that have a legit shot to win the Pac 12 year in and year out.

Rich Rod and Leach will get no more than 8 wins in the Pac 12 if they continue to recruit this way.

They sound like the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. But GT can't even recruit good offensive people now, anyway. The writing is on the wall for Paul Johnson and his triple option 1-2-3-punt offense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, well put. My faith is on Stanford running the power up the gut early and often. With the depleted USC numbers if LSJU can maintain at least a 1.5:1 TOP advantage I expect the USC D to wear down by the mid 3rd quarter.

My guess is it is close, possibly with USC leading at the half, then Stanford's power runs start to pick up bigger and bigger chunks of ground by the mid 3rd qtr. I am thinking Stanford 30 USC 24.

Then again, the way Hogan had played on the road this year, it could quite easily be Under Stanford Control with the win.

I agree. I'm hoping USC can hang. If Stanford is allowed to sit in there goalline set and just pound the rock like they did to Oregon, USC will in trouble and the defense will wear down by mid 3rd quarter. If we can force them out of that set and force them out of their comfort level, then the defense should be okay.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Little Nicky?

Considering the academic handcuffs that Stanford recruits under compared to the lack of same that Saban recruits under, you can make a pretty convincing argument for Shaw, imo!!

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFTER pounding the PAC as weak-n-NOT WORTHY of them for 11 weeks...

ALL OF A SUDDEN the Ducks are begging for help from other PAC clubs now.

Ironic isn't it?
:suds:

Yeah, I love that two of oregon's most vocal/visible fans on this board seemed to be hell bent on making sure everyone knew they thought Stanford was overrated all year. oops.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I love that two of oregon's most vocal/visible fans on this board seemed to be hell bent on making sure everyone knew they thought Stanford was overrated all year. oops.

To be fair, on the surface, Stanford appears overrated. There's nothing that really stands out about them to make one say: "Wow, look at how good that team is". They have basically become the San Antonio Spurs of college football. Nothing exciting, nothing flashy, largely ignored, but they seem to be in the mix every season.

There are basically only 2 ways to beat Oregon. You either have to be able to match or exceed them athlete for athlete like USC can most years, or you have to be able to beat them up physically like Stanford.

Neither of those 2 options guarantee anything as both USC and Stanford can attest to, but outside of the Ducks just flat having a lousy game, those are the only ways to beat them.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been following them very closely as I am sure you have. Leach has never been known for having a defense. So you're probably right.

As Stanford has clearly proven, a strong defense can win your league for you. And some BCS bowl games as well.

I don't care about the defense, WSU is paying the HC a BCS bowl caliber salary for a guy who is a joke. I don't know if the Big 12 was that bad if Leach has lost his mind or if his brain fried in Key West but this version of the Air Raid will not win squat in the Pac 12. His only notable wins here were when Jeff Tuel scrapped the Air Raid and they beat UW and then while Leach was in Compton recruiting while Breske's team beat SC. His inability to even threaten the running game, his stupid offensive line splits, his switching offensive players positions and his ability to get an improvement out of any offensive player is a fricking joke. I'd rather win 4 games with a bad coach like Wulff who at least developed guys than 4 games with Leach who cares more about being a top ranked passing team than a bowl team. He came to Pullman to collect a check nothing more.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the defense, WSU is paying the HC a BCS bowl caliber salary for a guy who is a joke. I don't know if the Big 12 was that bad if Leach has lost his mind or if his brain fried in Key West but this version of the Air Raid will not win squat in the Pac 12. His only notable wins here were when Jeff Tuel scrapped the Air Raid and they beat UW and then while Leach was in Compton recruiting while Breske's team beat SC. His inability to even threaten the running game, his stupid offensive line splits, his switching offensive players positions and his ability to get an improvement out of any offensive player is a fricking joke. I'd rather win 4 games with a bad coach like Wulff who at least developed guys than 4 games with Leach who cares more about being a top ranked passing team than a bowl team. He came to Pullman to collect a check nothing more.

Soooo, you're hoping they extend his contract then?:whistle:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo, you're hoping they extend his contract then?:whistle:

Since Leach likes lawsuits I want President Floyd to sue him for theft. I know there is a huge buyout if he takes another but wonder what it is if WSU buys his contract out so he can go back to wrestling bears.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

never once said they were overrated as I never use that term because it is stupid.

What I said, was Stanford is not a NATTY contender because they slip up to a team that has no business beating them. That and they play to the level of the competition. Teams that do that rarely are in NATTY discussion.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never once said they were overrated as I never use that term because it is stupid.

What I said, was Stanford is not a NATTY contender because they slip up to a team that has no business beating them. That and they play to the level of the competition. Teams that do that rarely are in NATTY discussion.

You may not have said 'overrated', but you did start a thread saying they were going to take a step back this year and would lose at least 3? games I think it was? Might have been two, but you did say they were not going to be good.

Doesn't matter anyway.

Are the results/next weeks stuff up? I have been swamped at work and might not be around much until Friday. I need to get my picks in as soon as they are up.

Status
Not open for further replies.