• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the already existing and growing population of LV residents.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all those folks from LA, Inland Empire, and Orange county go to San Diego like they do, I am sure a trip to LV wouldnt be out of the question a couple times a year.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Al and the Raiders havent gone to Vegas over the years. No one will!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Al and the Raiders havent gone to Vegas over the years. No one will!

He tired. You are probably right unfortunately. The NFL blocks moves to Vegas like Walter Jones blocked d lineman

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tired. You are probably right unfortunately. The NFL blocks moves to Vegas like Walter Jones blocked d lineman

haha did he really? I missed that one or my mind is gone further than I thought in my old age.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha did he really? I missed that one or my mind is gone further than I thought in my old age.

Maybe "he tried" is not accurate.

He considered it and the NFL immediately blocked even the mention of it.

Around the same time they considered a move to Irvindale.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brain tumor that had spread to his spine

I had read that too, but the only thing I could find on it was from many years ago. I was more interested in anything within the last 5 years. Again, not that I'm all that interested, but since my wife works with cancer patients it's kind of her thing.

As for Petersen himself I'd give no more than a 30% chance he takes the job. We know he has interviewed with schools before and been at least pursued by a dozen more that he didn't even talk to. Some offered more money than UW is likely to offer so given his history you can't really put much into this dance going on right now with him. He might be using this to get a raise or something else out of BSU.

I've always looked at his constant refusal to leave BSU another way. He may not interview well and maybe it is the AD's that turn him down. Just because he says he isn't leaving BSU doesn't mean he made that decision. Could have been made for him. The other thing you have to wonder is does he ask for things from the schools that none have been willing to give him to this point?

Nuss wouldn't be the worst coordinator to offer the job to, but do we really need another 2-3 years of watching a coordinator learn how to be a HC? Sark turned the bus around fairly quickly, but he made tons of mistakes and has cut down on them over the last couple of seasons.

I would think they are in a position to get an established name. Somebody with HC experience. I might not have a high opinion of Woodward if all he comes up with is nussmeier. I will wonder just how hard he actually looked and does he know what he is even looking at. Just my opinion.

Either way I'd expect the dance with Petersen to be resolved by tomorrow at the latest. He is always an early candidate in the teams interested and it doesn't normally drag out. Not in his best interest to leave those questions lingering while he is in recruiting season so if he decides he isn't interested or the team passes on him we will hear about it fairly soon.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With seahawkfan's info on the UW Medical Center..... This would make sense.

I hope UW gets Coach Pete. They deserve each other. (not being sarcastic nor a peckerhead)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With seahawkfan's info on the UW Medical Center..... This would make sense.

I hope UW gets Coach Pete. They deserve each other. (not being sarcastic nor a peckerhead)

We do have some of the best pediatric cancer care in the nation around here, but I don't know that this would mean anything other than he wouldn't not take it because of his son. We have no idea why he hasn't left Boise until now and it is very likely there is far more to it than just what care his son might get. I mean there are some damn fine medical centers around LA as well and he didn't go there.

I can tell you this though, if Petersen does end up taking the job at UW it will be more talked about than Sark to USC and will make for some interesting reads from the BSU fans.

I already said yesterday that my most intriguing reason to kind of want to see him come is his prior relationship with Wilcox and can he convince him to stay. I think Petersen and Wilcox together on Montlake would give reason again for other north teams to fear the huskies.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you this though, if Petersen does end up taking the job at UW it will be more talked about than Sark to USC and will make for some interesting reads from the BSU fans.

You aint kidding. Theres already BSU fans with their knickers in a twist at UWDawgPound. Merely over one of the bloggers posts summarizing Petersen.

I already said yesterday that my most intriguing reason to kind of want to see him come is his prior relationship with Wilcox and can he convince him to stay. I think Petersen and Wilcox together on Montlake would give reason again for other north teams to fear the huskies.

I'm really reaching here but I want Petersen HC, Nuss oc and Wilcox DC. Then we pick up Baxter who USC let go and I'm a happy camper. :suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aint kidding. Theres already BSU fans with their knickers in a twist at UWDawgPound. Merely over one of the bloggers posts summarizing Petersen.

I'm really reaching here but I want Petersen HC, Nuss oc and Wilcox DC. Then we pick up Baxter who USC let go and I'm a happy camper. :suds:

I don't think Baxter was let go by SC I think he gave them the finger, Nuss would only leave Bama to take a HC job, I think that would be a step down coming back here to OC, It's a fantastic dream staff if they could pull it off...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]408661928840396803[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Kelly being Kelly...

It's becoming a story, but everyone from the Pac could have told you how he is with the media. Not sure why there is anyone surprised by his personality. :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's 0% chance Saban ends up at USud and it was just reported from Boise that Petersen is staying.

I understand Neuweisel is available

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so funny watching ducklings get all worked up over who will be coaching UW.

Don't worry guys you're still the 2nd best team in the pac no matter who we get.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so funny watching ducklings get all worked up over who will be coaching UW.

Don't worry guys you're still the 2nd best team in the pac no matter who we get.

Wouldn't they be 3rd? I mean if this hire is a good one we would be just as great as Stanford!:suds:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't they be 3rd? I mean if this hire is a good one we would be just as great as Stanford!:suds:

Indeed. I'm dropping them to 4th next year after further consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.