• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since Sark left UWUB and headed to greener pastures this thread is awash in team colors and bullshit.

Your 100 % correct wallace!

Mamba could you please PM the ASU fans and ask them to post about there up coming games instead of posting what frickn color uniforms there team is gonna wear?

Thanks man....

Does that help Wallace?:suds:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you 100% re: him using Don James name. He never should have done that. One thing I will say for all coaches when they are put in that position is that they are in a must lie/must avoid situation. They must lie when they can't avoid the media and they must avoid the media when they can.

It would be great for you guys if you got Petersen. I think he would be an amazing fit at UW. I was never too keen on the idea of him at USC because I just don't see him as a good fit in L.A. Seems like the culture at UW would be pretty close to perfect.

omg.... with Petersen.....:L

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU or Stanford this Saturday and why?

ASU. They are playing the best football by far in the PAC right now. They are hot. Game is in Tempe. And it is really difficult to beat a team of ASU's caliber twice.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU because it's in Tempe. Stanford will be distracted by the cheerleaders.

You know what scares me the most about Stanford?

Nope, not their Defense...
Nope, not stopping the run...
Nope, not Hogan, Montgomery, or Gaffney...
Nope, not the experience...
Nope, not time of possession..

This right here:

Opponents Kickoffs vs. Kickoffs
#111 Arizona State vs. #34 Stanford

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford, and the why? Thats easy cause of coach Shaw, most under rated head coach in the Pac 12..

Hope you are right, but I think it's going to be ASU.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, you can defend your coach all you want, but he did lie on more than one occasion. Of course it happens, but there are those who have the moral compass to simply not answer questions rather than lie about it. When Sark used the dawgfathers name in comparison to himself, said he wasn't going to leave, went on the radio the morning he was hired and flat out lied about his interview and within 2 hours of that we found out he was leaving through leaks, you need to understand why many are upset. Lie all you want, but don't you DARE do so using the name of the greatest coach in our history. That's lower than low.

As for our interim coach my best guess is they went with him because of all the uncertainty over who else will still be on the staff a couple of weeks from now. You don't want to name Wilcox or one of the others more qualified and then have them leave next week. Tui isn't going anywhere no matter who comes in.

And the only buzz coming from the inside is it appears Petersen is even more interested than what has been reported so far. I have no idea, nor have I heard either way if Woodward has him high up the list, but it is being reported there either has, or will soon be a meeting between them. There is no buzz about the other HC's everyone else is talking about.

That's were my feelings for Sark are coming from. I honestly feel pretty good about him being gone. If he wasn't all in here, good riddance anyway. I don't blame him for wanting to leave, leaving, or the time he left. The bullshit is what pisses me off. He could have handled things so much better and left so many things unsaid. He has even said things since his departure that are unnecessary and make him look even more like a classless douchebag. I now don't like him for the quality of person he has shone himself to be, or at least has made himself seem to be, not because he chose to leave. All of that, coupled with me already being on the fence about him being the guy to get our program where we want it to be all lead to me looking forward to moving on and finding a new coach.

On that note, Petersen is a name that does seem to be quietly popping up. Whenever his name has come up in the past for jobs taking him out of Boise it goes nowhere. And a couple days ago when his name came up I thought nothing of it because, after all, he is still at Boise after all these years. But I would be so stoked if he comes here....

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU. They are playing the best football by far in the PAC right now. They are hot. Game is in Tempe. And it is really difficult to beat a team of ASU's caliber twice.

Haven't lost a game in Tempe in over a year.. The #8 ranked offense needs to come out fast and score early. Kelly has a habit of playing very small under the bright lights (except UCLA). Run game needs to be established under Foster (Grice is out).. and we need to get stops. Pretty simple..

You know how you can tell ASU isn't accustomed to winning YET... Students ALREADY being arrested and tazed for starting riots.. Things are going to get goofy in Tempe :yahoo:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you are right, but I think it's going to be ASU.

Mamba is right on with the comment about ASU being the hot team right now in the P12, but there is something about Stanford in big games, they step up and take care of business, and until that is unproven to me I believe....

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th_clevelandbrowntvshow.jpg

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your 100 % correct wallace!

Mamba could you please PM the ASU fans and ask them to post about there up coming games instead of posting what frickn color uniforms there team is gonna wear?

Thanks man....

Does that help Wallace?:suds:

But uniform color is the most important aspect of the game. If we wear black at home or white helmets on the road we play like shit. Since we're wearing traditional uniforms Stanford might as well not even show up :lol:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't lost a game in Tempe in over a year.. The #8 ranked offense needs to come out fast and score early. Kelly has a habit of playing very small under the bright lights (except UCLA). Run game needs to be established under Foster (Grice is out).. and we need to get stops. Pretty simple..

You know how you can tell ASU isn't accustomed to winning YET... Students ALREADY being arrested and tazed for starting riots.. Things are going to get goofy in Tempe :yahoo:

HAHA! I hope you guise get it. Your fans deserve it for the late season meltdowns that have haunted you.

The last home loss @ Tempe was Oregon then? That has been a while man.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And about coaches that stay with a program. I came up with 10 off the top of my head and I wasn't really trying. There are plenty of quality coaches at the same institution for 10 or more years. That none are in the Pac isn't an indication that it is uncommon nationwide anymore. But again, it isn't about Sark leaving. It is about how he left.

And I stand by my first comments which were that no matter how mad you think UW fans are now time heals all wounds. People don't think nearly as bad of Neuheisel after all these years and if we end up with a decent coach and improve over where we are now you won't find many who will still have as much vitriol as some of my fellow fans are showing now, in the early hours after the news when it is still fresh. It's the same thing with recruits and players. You always hear about them being upset and talking about leaving when a coach leaves and after the new one comes in most get over it and settle back in.

I just wouldn't keep being so defensive TF12. Let the others vent and get it off their chests. There will be plenty of time to defend the inevitable Sark you face! After all hating USC's coach is a full time job for many across all of the college world isn't it?

Not defensive at all. Just pointing out that coaches leave every year and I just don't understand why people get so upset. It happens all of the time.

That's why I don't get too attached to a coach. Pete Carroll gave us an amazing run of success and every year rumors came up that he was leaving for the NFL and every year he said he wasn't. He even went so far as to put out a list of demands that no one thought any NFL team would agree to.

Then the Seahawks gave him exactly what he said it would take and he left. I was bummed that he left, but thankful for what he did for the program and wished him luck.

In the interest of full disclosure, it didn't hurt that he went to my favorite NFL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.