• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, their laughter will turn to tears the next time they face USC. We will have a full squad and they will be punished for counting NC's before they win them.

Hell, we need to kick their ass just for being gay enough to call it a "Natty"!!

You still have Sark right?

Okay then. :laugh3:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12 I'm not going to start a holy shit war here, but lets look at how fans are gonna react to this whole thing:

When Kiffin was dumped there were local reports here that directed the question point blank at Sark and he was asked flat out, "would you take the SC job if you asked?" He came out and said, "No, I want to be here longer then Don James and I want to win more national titles then he did." Now this was a couple of weeks before Coach James passed away. Sark's quote was a relief to Dawgs fans, sure there was question as to fans starting to question if he was the guy to get this program back on the national map, this program has been to hell and back. It started with Slick Rick and the bottom was with Willingham.

Your correct it happens all the time with other programs, but here its a little different, we had a head coach that nobody knew, and he built a great program back in the day, now people want that stability back in the program. Every other team in the area has either blown sunshine up folks asses or the team turned out to be " a want to be", so folks are gonna act a little more harder on Sark and his staff.....

He was on The Dan Patrick show when he said it and you need to listen to the entire statement. As I've said, he never should have mentioned the Dawgfather, but he never guaranteed anything. He basically said that things happen and you never really know how things will end up.

Husky fans need to remember, coaches like the Dawgfather who build a program and stay are very rare. They are the exception to the rule and they are getting rarer all of the time. Virtually every coach in the country is coaching for their next job because if they are successful, someone is going to come calling.

For programs like USC, it's usually the NFL. For programs like UW, it's the NFL or a more prestigious college program. Heck, the first thing UW did was to go after UCLA's coach. Whatever the case, it is foolhardy for a fanbase to get attached to a coach because chances are, he won't even be there for 10 years.

If Sark has the kind of success at USC that most experts seem to think he will, I expect he will be gone to the NFL within 7-10 years and maybe even more like 5-7!!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, you can defend your coach all you want, but he did lie on more than one occasion. Of course it happens, but there are those who have the moral compass to simply not answer questions rather than lie about it. When Sark used the dawgfathers name in comparison to himself, said he wasn't going to leave, went on the radio the morning he was hired and flat out lied about his interview and within 2 hours of that we found out he was leaving through leaks, you need to understand why many are upset. Lie all you want, but don't you DARE do so using the name of the greatest coach in our history. That's lower than low.

As for our interim coach my best guess is they went with him because of all the uncertainty over who else will still be on the staff a couple of weeks from now. You don't want to name Wilcox or one of the others more qualified and then have them leave next week. Tui isn't going anywhere no matter who comes in.

And the only buzz coming from the inside is it appears Petersen is even more interested than what has been reported so far. I have no idea, nor have I heard either way if Woodward has him high up the list, but it is being reported there either has, or will soon be a meeting between them. There is no buzz about the other HC's everyone else is talking about.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have USC talent, right?

Okay then.:lol:

We can smell your fear Ducks!! It smells like chicken!!:suds:

Shhhhhiiiiiiit. USC:noidea:

Oregon will keep on beating the mighty Troj just like usual.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this really cant get any better. I wish I would have thought of this.

Its like a great comedy flick....

ol 7 win Sark in LA.....

lmao

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And about coaches that stay with a program. I came up with 10 off the top of my head and I wasn't really trying. There are plenty of quality coaches at the same institution for 10 or more years. That none are in the Pac isn't an indication that it is uncommon nationwide anymore. But again, it isn't about Sark leaving. It is about how he left.

And I stand by my first comments which were that no matter how mad you think UW fans are now time heals all wounds. People don't think nearly as bad of Neuheisel after all these years and if we end up with a decent coach and improve over where we are now you won't find many who will still have as much vitriol as some of my fellow fans are showing now, in the early hours after the news when it is still fresh. It's the same thing with recruits and players. You always hear about them being upset and talking about leaving when a coach leaves and after the new one comes in most get over it and settle back in.

I just wouldn't keep being so defensive TF12. Let the others vent and get it off their chests. There will be plenty of time to defend the inevitable Sark you face! After all hating USC's coach is a full time job for many across all of the college world isn't it?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since Sark left UWUB and headed to greener pastures this thread is awash in team colors and bullshit.

Fact is Sark and his family are headed home to where he always wanted to be and as quick as that decision was to make, Sark made it be known how humble of a trip it has been for him and the opportunity that the UNIVERSITY of Wash gave him. He leaves the Dawgs a better place than when he came and USC has made their decision of moving forward with Sark.

In my mind...would have like to have seen DelRio in there, but Sark WILL LEAD that program back to the promised land too.

2-3 years and look out PAC, we will all regret no movement in our conference by our teams while this club was brought down to it's knees by the NCAA.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont worry UW and USC.

USC, the Ducks will beat UW for yall.

UW, the Ducks will beat USC for yall. When they start playing again in 2015.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have enough hate to go around. USC, UO, WSU in that order?
There is no one NO ONE that can move a team ahead of the ducks on the hate meter. Can't happen. Not ever.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just glad one of the Ducks coaches has never jumped ship for an in conference team.

That would SUCK!

We all thought Bellotti was on his way to UCLA one time.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marques Tuiasosopo is the cousin of the perpetrator of the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marques Tuiasosopo is the cousin of the perpetrator of the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax.

Kind of a stretch there. He is horribly underqualified to run a team at this point as he hasn't been a coach very long, but picking on his distant cousin? :scratch:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized something. Oregon has had 6 straight 10 win seasons...

When was the last time that was done in the PAC???

Never?

Pretty cool considering the first 10 win season ever was 2000.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, you can defend your coach all you want, but he did lie on more than one occasion. Of course it happens, but there are those who have the moral compass to simply not answer questions rather than lie about it. When Sark used the dawgfathers name in comparison to himself, said he wasn't going to leave, went on the radio the morning he was hired and flat out lied about his interview and within 2 hours of that we found out he was leaving through leaks, you need to understand why many are upset. Lie all you want, but don't you DARE do so using the name of the greatest coach in our history. That's lower than low.

As for our interim coach my best guess is they went with him because of all the uncertainty over who else will still be on the staff a couple of weeks from now. You don't want to name Wilcox or one of the others more qualified and then have them leave next week. Tui isn't going anywhere no matter who comes in.

And the only buzz coming from the inside is it appears Petersen is even more interested than what has been reported so far. I have no idea, nor have I heard either way if Woodward has him high up the list, but it is being reported there either has, or will soon be a meeting between them. There is no buzz about the other HC's everyone else is talking about.

I agree with you 100% re: him using Don James name. He never should have done that. One thing I will say for all coaches when they are put in that position is that they are in a must lie/must avoid situation. They must lie when they can't avoid the media and they must avoid the media when they can.

It would be great for you guys if you got Petersen. I think he would be an amazing fit at UW. I was never too keen on the idea of him at USC because I just don't see him as a good fit in L.A. Seems like the culture at UW would be pretty close to perfect.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a stretch there. He is horribly underqualified to run a team at this point as he hasn't been a coach very long, but picking on his distant cousin? :scratch:

Also related to Matt Tuiasosopo of the Detroit Tigers. Just thought it was an interesting fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.