• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

BahS5_6CMAAFaF9.png:medium

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if Riley could run down a clock most of them would have seen what they tuned in to see. :L

Ya don't play the clock on a fly sweep that turns into a 30 yard TD run Whiz...ya take what the D gives ya and send your D out on the next series to play. What IF Riley had just kicked his 2 PATs instead of going for 2-point convertions?

BTW...I watched that game like 3 times now...Cooks failed to catch 2-3 of the Beavers last 3 plays in thier final drive. 2 balls hit him in the bad spot...THE HANDS...both of those missed balls, which were on target, would have set up the Beavs for a potential game winning FG in the end with Romains leg. Mannion was terrific ALL NITE. Perhaps the Duck TD drive that hurt the most was that 4th-n-9 on the goaline that the Ducks converted for a TD to Huff. Stop that drive and the Beavers probably win that game.

In the end the best team won...THAT nite.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks Wiz, will wear after ASU wins.

:suds:
4d20 was asking about the tiebreaker this weekend and if those in 3rd place need to put their choices in as well. All I know is either you or TF12 will be the champs and the rest of the places don't really matter that much. Tied for 3rd is fine by me.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya don't play the clock on a fly sweep that turns into a 30 yard TD run Whiz...ya take what the D gives ya and send your D out on the next series to play. What IF Riley had just kicked his 2 PATs instead of going for 2-point convertions?

BTW...I watched that game like 3 times now...Cooks failed to catch 2-3 of the Beavers last 3 plays in thier final drive. 2 balls hit him in the bad spot...THE HANDS...both of those missed balls, which were on target, would have set up the Beavs for a potential game winning FG in the end with Romains leg. Mannion was terrific ALL NITE. Perhaps the Duck TD drive that hurt the most was that 4th-n-9 on the goaline that the Ducks converted for a TD to Huff. Stop that drive and the Beavers probably win that game.

In the end the best team won...THAT nite.

Oregon State should have been able to run that clock down over the entire drive. Milk the clock every down, stay in bounds no matter what. Had they done that and left the zeros with little or no time they win. It wasn't about the last play that they actually scored on. To me that means Oregon out coached Oregon State more than beating them with their players, but it's just one guys opinion. Nothing to get your beaver tail all in knots over.

:suds:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4d20 was asking about the tiebreaker this weekend and if those in 3rd place need to put their choices in as well. All I know is either you or TF12 will be the champs and the rest of the places don't really matter that much. Tied for 3rd is fine by me.

Tied for 3rd is fine with me as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: Out of respect for you TF12 I will not refer to your new head coach and as "7 win Sark!"

:lol: On the radio yesterday, they were coming up with names based off of his last name being similar to Shark.

They came up with "Sark Week", "Sark Attack" and my personal favorite "Sarknado"!!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: On the radio yesterday, they were coming up with names based off of his last name being similar to Shark.

They came up with "Sark Week", "Sark Attack" and my personal favorite "Sarknado"!!

Well I hope it works out for him down there, I know his first return trip back here wont be a happy party for him, got a feeling the fans will let him hear it....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope it works out for him down there, I know his first return trip back here wont be a happy party for him, got a feeling the fans will let him hear it....

It's USC, Husky fans are gonna be extra loud no matter who the coach is, they'll just direct more of it at Sark.:lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been there, done that. In fact they called him Sarknado after he announced he was leaving.

And here is a more complete quote showing some of his douchey words...

“I’m proud of what we accomplished at Washington,” said Sarkisian, whose Huskies were 8-4 this season and 34-29 during his five-year tenure. “I felt like we played three poor quarters this season, unfortunately, and it cost us a few ballgames, but I think we were very close,” Sarkisian said. “Whoever gets the job at the University of Washington is walking into a great situation. They get to reap some of the benefits of my hard work, but that’s OK.”

Gee, thanks Sark. Glad to know we have your permission to allow our next coach to take advantage of the kids you left behind when you tore out their hearts and shit on them. Mighty big of you. :L

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Riley could run down a clock most of them would have seen what they tuned in to see. :L

Coulda, woulda, shoulda......Im sure your fan base can relate.....:whistle:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Leach is better at what he does than Sark is at what he does. Now. If only Leach was the least bit concerned about defense...

The Mike Leach "offense" wasn't the same at the end of the year. We still threw a shit ton but Mason and Caldwell were finally getting carries and those quick flares. That was my biggest gripe was a 95/5 ratio will not worry in the PAC 12 like it did in the Big 12. I'm just crossing my fingers he still adapts like he started to rather than reverting back to his ego driven offense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been there, done that. In fact they called him Sarknado after he announced he was leaving.

And here is a more complete quote showing some of his douchey words...

Gee, thanks Sark. Glad to know we have your permission to allow our next coach to take advantage of the kids you left behind when you tore out their hearts and shit on them. Mighty big of you. :L

I get that the kids were likely upset, but talking about ripping out their hearts and shitting on them is OD level hyperbole. Coaches change jobs, it happens every single season. When Pete Carroll left for the NFL, very few Trojans expressed any anger towards him. Sure the kids were upset, but as I said, it happens.

If UW decided that Sark needed to be fired, would the fact that the players might be upset stop him from being fired?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the kids were likely upset, but talking about ripping out their hearts and shitting on them is OD level hyperbole. Coaches change jobs, it happens every single season. When Pete Carroll left for the NFL, very few Trojans expressed any anger towards him. Sure the kids were upset, but as I said, it happens.

If UW decided that Sark needed to be fired, would the fact that the players might be upset stop him from being fired?

Also, to piggy back off of my own post: I don't see too much of an issue with what Sark said. Perhaps he should have phrased it a little different, but the simple fact is that UW is in much better shape now than when Sark took over and the new coach will have an easier time getting UW to where they want to be because of the efforts of Sark and his staff.

Perhaps he simply should have said: "We worked hard and left the program in better shape than it was in when we got here". Either way, the next coach can simply pickup where Sark left off and get UW in even better shape than it's in now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, you aren't new here, nor are you new to any of our postings so ??? Since when haven't one of us been over the top in text when things happen? And you kind of missed the bolded large letters BUT THAT'S OK. There is no way you can color that as anything other that just bad in the context it was said. Worst thing ever? Of course not. Shocked that a USC fan is sticking up for their new HC? Absolutely not. :suds:

Status
Not open for further replies.